Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taking up golf in athlone. any deals?

Options
  • 30-03-2014 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi. I was thinking of taking up golf. Anyone any ideas of where would have the cheapest membership for a beginner in the athlone area. I don't want to pay too much though in case I don't stick at it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

No idea what the fees are like these days, but the Athlone Golf Club (out by Hudson Bay) would probably be your best bet, I do occasionally see promotions being run for new members.

You have several golf clubs around Athlone and surrounding areas, get their numbers on google and give 'em a call, quickest way to get up to date pricing.

There's some of the phone numbers here too, http://www.athlone.ie/golf-in-athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Give them a shout in Moate too, nice friendly club and only a few minutes from Athlone.

www.moategolfclub.ie

Advertisement