Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the worst that can happen if mud gets in your barrel and you dont clean iyt

• 30-03-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

i went airsoft last week end and have lost my cleaning rod . im going away now and do not have enogh time to get a new one. some mud could be in the barrel. is tghe gun ok being left there for 3 weeks .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

jamie1965 wrote: »
    i went airsoft last week end and have lost my cleaning rod . im going away now and do not have enogh time to get a new one. some mud could be in the barrel. is tghe gun ok being left there for 3 weeks .

Personally I wouldn't use it till it was well cleaned again ,

You can use anything from a wire hangar to a decent knitting needle carefully I might ask .

You could easily remove the barrel and clean it,

Whats the worse can happen ,crap gets into your hop up unit ,air nozzle and gear box and cause all manner of problems depending how bad the barrel is ,or how much debris is in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Take out the barrel and hop, drop it in some warm soapy water and let it soak for a few, rinse it off and let it dry. It'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jamie1965

personally not enough experience with airsoft to take out the barrel . what do you recommend the cleaning the barrel with . would a tea towl be ok

also could there be still mud in your barrel even if your bbs are shooting clean .thanks for feedback .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

also could there be still mud in your barrel even if your bbs are shooting clean .thanks for feedback .

Yup, lint free cloth dipped in warm soapy water, then run a fry strip through it, I'd honstly try and source a cleaning rod though before doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

personally not enough experience with airsoft to take out the barrel .

Experienced enough to fire it, but not to strip it. Ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

syklops wrote: »
    Experienced enough to fire it, but not to strip it. Ok.

So what if he doesn't? We were all like the OP at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

just make sure there isn't loads of mud in there. Like an excessive amount because then even if you may risk getting mud into the gearbox anyways, even if you had a cleaning rod.

You could actually push the mud into the air nozzle and hten into the gearbox using trying to clean it. The best way to do it if it's really bad is take the barrel out and clean it from there. I know you said you can't strip it but i suggest you do that :)

What kind of rifle is it? M5, AK or what, we may be able to help.

As for the mud itself it should be fine if left there, if you have absolutely no time or way of cleaning it. Just point the rifle down wards . You don't want it drying and flaking into the hop up and gearbox :/

g and g cm 16 raider . the bbs are are shooting white and gun shooting ok

g and g cm 16 raider . the bbs are are shooting white and gun shooting ok

sounds like it's fine then :)
    is is the blowback version? I can probably guide you through the take down of the rife you're interested? :)

• Advertisement

no thanks it non blowback

no thanks it non blowback

alright then mate :) your call

Advertisement