Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Carty gone fb
    Robbie 13
    O'Leary wing

Hon lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Oh Matt and Mul you legends!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Great turnover and kick from Healy. Ill advised quick throw by Gloucester and now Connacht have a penalty in front of the posts. This really should be it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Brilliant turnover :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

****ing Poitre!

Jesus Christ, what was that, Poite?

Another poor call from Poite gives Gloucester a final chance. Even BT can't believe they were given it.

And Gloucester get the try under the posts for the draw. The Connacht lads are exhausted.

Oh, that was obstruction.

• Advertisement

Poitre showing himself as the useless twat we know he is

Glad I made it home for the last 5 mins. This is going to go down to the wire now..

It's two 10 min halves of extra time, yeah?

Bridge93 wrote: »

Can't believe he pinged Connacht at that breakdown a few minutes ago. Gloucester man was preventing them joining the maul properly by not rolling away. That should have been the end of it. I reckon Gloucester will go on to win it now. The Connacht boys are just exhausted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

Bridge93 wrote: »
    You win the game only for another ****e ref decision. This is heartbreaking. Game not over but it should be

You know it's bad when BT are calling it a "shocking" decision given Gloucesters way.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Can't believe he pinged Connacht at that breakdown a few minutes ago. Gloucester man was preventing them joining the maul properly by not rolling away. That should have been the end of it. I reckon Gloucester will go on to win it now. The Connacht boys are just exhausted.

Yep I'd agree with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Wrong penalty call and no obstruction. That's a bloody joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Shocking call to award the try, no idea how the penalty was given to keep the game alive.

Connacht are exhausted though, really up against it now with the injuries.

Heff not giving me much more confidence with his darts.

Unbelievable game for the neutrals.

Ah that was a real opportunity there. Porter needed to maintain his depth.

Henshaw is playing like he just came on

Henshaw is playing like he just came on

Yeah a good break and a great carry there. They need to build on that now. COME ON CONNACHT!!!!

• Advertisement

So Gloucester aren't pinged but Connacht are!? Come on Poite, this is a farce now. Even BT are calling you on it at this stage.

That went back, no? Try is good.

That's a try

YES!!!!!!! Healy you beauty. 28-30 to Connacht with conversion to come.

Stupid from Porter. Stupid. Could well have cost Connacht the game here.

Porter yellow followed by Gloucester try. Unconverted. 33-32 with 3 minutes left.

The rules around the maul have to be sorted out. It's so unfair on the defending team. Gloucester went nowhere for 10 seconds there with no problem while Connacht have to go and try and find who has the ball protected by loads of bodies.
    It should be use once and that's it.

And Gloucester get another try. Connacht totally out on their feet. Game over.

Robbed. Totally robbed.

• Advertisement

Simply, simply, simply gutted. So proud of the lads. So it didn't happen this year. So you can blame poite. We go into next season with our heads held high. So, so proud to be a Connacht supporter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

You couldn't make it up the way Connacht lose games. Can't blame the players for this one though. Disgraceful from Poite.

It must be just so tough for them to see these massive decisions go against them like that though. The Cardiff game away was another big game where a crucial decision at the end was blatantly wrong and cost them. Poite had no excuse today. It all played out right in front of him. He couldn't but see it. It could be argued that both of those decisions cost Connacht a place in the CC. Sure they'd still have another game to ensure qualification had it gone right today but you get the point....

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

By the way it wasn't Porter that gave away that penalty and got binned, it was Heffernan.

Feel slightly robbed, and gutted for the Connacht players and staff, but my god that was some game, they threw everything at it. Lots of great performances, certainly deserve their summer holidays and looking forward to next season already!

And jack carty. What are you like. What a performance. A simply outstanding game. Have we a 10 finally in the making. Healy you are insane. Robbie henshaw looked like he could play another 80 minutes. Toh looked like he was asleep in the first half but when he woke up did he do well. Muldowney you are the dogs bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭b.gud

I can't post my feelings on the game right now because it would only contain expletives

No tinfoil hats - Wasn't a conspiracy
    Poite just fncked up and TMO bottled it for their try re: 36 holding back Browne

I'd like to apologise to Munster fans, I've made fun of your vendetta towards Poite in the past. I get it now..

Jack Carty: wow
    What a game from the lad. Hopefully we see more of it

I'll post more when my blood pressure restores to normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Carty had the game of the season. A well deserved motm award for him and I'm sorry I ever doubted him.

The nerves are absolutely shot though, watching that with a hangover was torture.

Just so despondent. This has cost us a huge amount of money (revenue and season tickets) and perhaps Henshaw next season.

All the young lads coming off the bench were brilliant considering their experience

• Advertisement

its_phil wrote: »
    Just so despondent. This has cost us a huge amount of money (revenue and season tickets) and perhaps Henshaw next season.

All the young lads coming off the bench were brilliant considering their experience

Yes James Connolly looks like a smashing player

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Yes James Connolly looks like a smashing player

Looked good and Bealham is looking a good prospect at TH. O'Leary carried well.

Also I've no problem saying Buckley is up there with Jack McGrath and is a very serious candidate for a bolter at WC. His work for 95~ minutes (considering his minutes in the league) was stunning and he's like a fourth backrow out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Some effort in fairness. It really was a patchwork Connacht side out there especially for the last 30 minutes of the game.

its_phil wrote: »

I can't see any reason to be despondent. I've never been so proud of a bunch of players. As a game of rugby it was the best game I've seen in donkeys. Henshaw is contracted til end of next season. Maybe we don't have as much funds as we might have should we have won the game but we have made big steps on the field.

ouncer wrote: »
    I can't see any reason to be despondent. I've never been so proud of a bunch of players. As a game of rugby it was the best game I've seen in donkeys. Henshaw is contracted til end of next season. Maybe we don't have as much funds as we might have should we have won the game but we have made big steps on the field.

Henshaw for 16/17 is what I'm getting at. Proud of the effort but the result can only bring you down. Gloucester don't need that money like we do

I'm more a 15/16 person myself. We all get older and with games like today are unsure if the heart will last past another year :-). I'm simply thrilled for jack. He has put a very mediocre season behind him and shown how an out half should play. It will do wonders for the lad. In truth we won't see much of henshaw next year. With six nations and world cup it will be mcsharry and aki with Finn as backup for most of the year. Then we have Heenan, jhw, etc.. returning on top of today's squad. If I was ever to say I am positive well I am positive about next year. Pat lam has done a remarkable job, and while I have been his biggest critic in the past, he is probably the most important team member for next year. I believe he will lead us to great things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

In the last 2/3 months, we've seen more youth come through...DILLAN, CONNOLLY, COONEY, MASTERSON,

delighted for Carty, lam deserves praise for keeping going with him

Blood pressure down, some thoughts:

Carty was exceptional today. Think all can agree he didn't have greatest of seasons, but this should be a real boost for him leading into next campaign
    Healy, well, he been playing like this all season, but hope he has a great Emerging Tour and gives Joe a headache
    Buckley vs Afoa was worth watching alone
    Tom, the guy getting getting treatment, seeing we were in trouble and making a tackle - incredible
    TOH with a try saving tackle on Johnny May with his face
    Robbie looked like he could play another 80- tackled everything that moved and made some great breaks
    Aki showed the class we know he has
    Aly was, well, Aly. Another guy that been exceptional all term
    Masterson been a revelation since he broke into team
    Cooney, jaysus, can't believe Leinster let him go!

Young James Connolly, Shane O'Leary, Porter - all stood up to the plate when came on

Poite messed up (horribly) for the penalty with Palmer.
    Then the TMO missed obstruction on Browne by 36.
    It's a sickner, but unfortunately human error is part of the game (for example, thought Aly was lucky not to get sin binned for blatant knock on when they had a 4 on 1 overlap)

Johnny May's try at the end was smashing.
    I was angry earlier. But what a game. And what a season we had. it 24th of May and were within seconds of Champions Cup rugby. Consider where we have come from.

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Blood pressure down, some thoughts:

Carty was exceptional today. Think all can agree he didn't have greatest of seasons, but this should be a real boost for him leading into next campaign
    Healy, well, he been playing like this all season, but hope he has a great Emerging Tour and gives Joe a headache
    Buckley vs Afoa was worth watching alone
    Tom, the guy getting getting treatment, seeing we were in trouble and making a tackle - incredible
    TOH with a try saving tackle on Johnny May with his face
    Robbie looked like he could play another 80- tackled everything that moved and made some great breaks
    Aki showed the class we know he has
    Aly was, well, Aly. Another guy that been exceptional all term
    Masterson been a revelation since he broke into team
    Cooney, jaysus, can't believe Leinster let him go!

Young James Connolly, Shane O'Leary, Porter - all stood up to the plate when came on

Poite messed up (horribly) for the penalty with Palmer.
    Then the TMO missed obstruction on Browne by 36.
    It's a sickner, but unfortunately human error is part of the game (for example, thought Aly was lucky not to get sin binned for blatant knock on when they had a 4 on 1 overlap)

Johnny May's try at the end was smashing.
    I was angry earlier. But what a game. And what a season we had. it 24th of May and were within seconds of Champions Cup rugby. Consider where we have come from.
    To lose a game and so much to be positive about. Its been a fantastic season. We have won more games than ever, we have scored more points than ever, we saw the possible makings of a 10 and a 9 (grrrr get the ball out) a full back that has blossomed and then muldowney who I have no words for. And then you have Buckley who simply has had the seasons of all seasons. Now if you can't feel positive about this stuff then you are watching the wrong team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Ive seen us lose games we should won. See bad decisions cost us games. See us win games we really deserved to lose too. Ive never been more equally sick for and proud of in my life of this team.

Carty deserves special praise. Big moments make big players. He came of age today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

At times Conn can play the best attacking rugby of the Irish provinces, some of that stuff out there today was really great.

Ye actually left tries out there too unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement