Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband without getting a landline phone

Options
  • 30-03-2014 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am moving to a new house (new to me) in Waterford soon and want to get a broadband service but not a landline phone. I have my mobile with O2 and have previously had a bundle with them that included: landline, broadband and mobile which worked well.

When I go on their website I can find nothing about broadband without a getting a landline phone as I feel I no longer need one. The house that I am moving to has had a landline previously so I imagine the wiring etc. is there.

Anyone know what deals are going for broadband without a landline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We have broadband only here from NTL for about €25 per month. We used to have phone/bb/TV bundle but cancelled the TV a few years ago. We've unplugged the phone so pay nothing for it.

The problem with the mobile BB providers, I seem to remember, is their data limits. No limits with NTL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I Have Imagine WiMax which also gives you free incoming phone calls for just over €30 per month but only 10Mb. Not as good as UPC but may be an option if UPC is not in your area, as in my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I move between two locations. Neither has landline broadband (both too far from exchanges); neither has cable (not available in both areas). Terrestrial/line-of-sight is available in one of them, not very reliable or fast. Instead, I use my phone as a dongle, pay €40 per month to 3 for unlimited broadband and rarely exceed my call allowance. If you have to go the mobile route, TRY before you buy, I tested Meteor (GPRS in one location, nothing in the other) Vodaphone and O2 each only had 3G in one location. 3 give me what I need, but Netflix etc is a dream. Claims about great little countries, connected communities, gets me onto a rant......

Advertisement