Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CAR WASH BUCKET WITH SEAL LID, WHERE?

Options
  • 30-03-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have noticed the system of bucket with seal and grit guard in US but never in Europe, especially in Ireland. Considering all the rain we get its all fair.
    Anyway, back to the point, I am looking for something like this:
    SS-BucketWashRinseLidFilte1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1371816609
    Does anyone knows where to get this quality product in Ireland? For a reasonable price of course.
    Much appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I got my bucket and grit guard a few weeks back from Cleancar.ie. Don't think they have lids though.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

I got my bucket and grit guard a few weeks back from Cleancar.ie. Don't think they have lids though.

Thanks for speedy reply. You just saved me hours of research. Look what I found :eek:
    http://www.cleancar.ie/scratchshield-bucket-and-filter-and-lid-seat-set.html

Thank you for this tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Ah good stuff, I wasn't looking for a lid myself at the time, good to see they have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Ah good stuff, I wasn't looking for a lid myself at the time, good to see they have them.

Lid is only handy if you have to travel or walk a distance to your car in cold weather. I live in apartment myself and washing it right outside is not always an option, meaning I need to either go to nearest garage and pay €7 for a wash and use old&dirty brush while trying to do it all in less than 10min or head to my mechanic where I can use his power wash and by tools (20km away). So yeah..
    This bucket with lid is ideal, I get hot water with solution, head to a place with proper drain and wash my car in peace. Ideally need to figure out a place where I can refill these buckets with clean water for rinsing after or drag 4 buckets myself (not going to happen).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭vectra

spr1nt3r wrote: »
    Lid is only handy if you have to travel or walk a distance to your car in cold weather.

Also handy to sit on while machine polishing.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Hi all,
    I have noticed the system of bucket with seal and grit guard in US but never in Europe, especially in Ireland. Considering all the rain we get its all fair.
    Anyway, back to the point, I am looking for something like this:

Does anyone knows where to get this quality product in Ireland? For a reasonable price of course.
    Much appreciated.

well, if you go by the web address on the buckets you get to this http://www.scratchshield.co.uk/collections/scratchshield-combinations/products/wash-rinse-buckets-with-seat-lids-and-filters in the UK, may be the place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Lid is only handy if you have to travel or walk a distance to your car in cold weather. I live in apartment myself and washing it right outside is not always an option, meaning I need to either go to nearest garage and pay €7 for a wash and use old&dirty brush while trying to do it all in less than 10min or head to my mechanic where I can use his power wash and by tools (20km away). So yeah..
    This bucket with lid is ideal, I get hot water with solution, head to a place with proper drain and wash my car in peace. Ideally need to figure out a place where I can refill these buckets with clean water for rinsing after or drag 4 buckets myself (not going to happen).

Rinse the car and have an onr setup in the buckets is another idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Another alternative, minus the scratch shield:

http://www.ampulla.eu/Shop-For-Plastic/Plastic-Buckets-and-Pails/10.3-Litre-plastic-Bucket-with-Metal-Handle-and-Lid---White-/p-170-113-440/

Whos gonna be the first to make the call:

"Hello, could you tell me what sort of weight that bucket would take...........No, not in it, on it........."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

garry dean wash method could be an option.

Advertisement