If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV for around €400

Options
  • 30-03-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Wondering if you have any advice on a TV for 400ish!
    Bigger the better.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

coolisin wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Wondering if you have any advice on a TV for 400ish!
    Bigger the better.

Thanks
    Coolisin,

Breaking all the rules....

If it was me I'd stretch the budget a little and go to £339.95 / €419.99 and get the amazing Panasonic TXL32E6 - I know its not a huge screen but its a stunning piece of kit!

If you wanted a bigger screen, then the Toshiba 39L4357 is excellent value and a really high quality screen at just £319.95 / €399.99

The Toshiba is Smart, with built in Wifi, Full HD with Freeview HD / saorview, Tosh's 100Hz motion processing, no less than 4, yes 4 HDMi inputs and 2 USB inputs - and the picture and sound are also excellent!

Keep us posted if anything else grabs your fancy or of course if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Thanks john!

€400 is not stuck fast just as close as we can go!
    (Wish it was bigger budget just not the best of time for my tv to break!)

It's to replace my 26 inch LCD tv which after 8 years has sat down, not worth fixing the power supply really!

I've a 32 inch full hd sharp you sold me some time ago, which I will replace the 26 with, so if Ideally if I could get a bigger/better tv to replace that one I'd be happy.
    Could you send me the specs for both you've mentioned?

And as I take your advise on board best recommendation. Picture quality is a big deal for me!!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

coolisin wrote: »
    Thanks john!

€400 is not stuck fast just as close as we can go!
    (Wish it was bigger budget just not the best of time for my tv to break!)

It's to replace my 26 inch LCD tv which after 8 years has sat down, not worth fixing the power supply really!

I've a 32 inch full hd sharp you sold me some time ago, which I will replace the 26 with, so if Ideally if I could get a bigger/better tv to replace that one I'd be happy.
    Could you send me the specs for both you've mentioned?

And as I take your advise on board best recommendation. Picture quality is a big deal for me!!
    If Picture quality is your main consideration then the 32E6 Panasonic is the winner hands down no contest - but the 39" Toshiba really is exceptional value for money and the Picture quality is excellent especially the motion handling - here are some links:

Panasonic TXL32E6 What Hi-fi 5 star review: http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-tx-l32e6b

Toshiba 39L4357: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/toshiba-39l4353db-201309013271.htm

Keep us posted again!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.