Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel near north wall terminal

Options
  • 30-03-2014 5:51pm

Hello all.looking for a hotel near the north wall /irish ferries? A hotel that is near..thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

There's none that wouldn't really require a taxi/bus. The Gibson Hotel at The Point is probably closest.

Thank You:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Jury's Inn on the Quays

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The Clarion Hotel is also on the quays, beside Jurys. The Maldron is directly across the river, as is the Marker Hotel at Grand Canal Sq.

Thank you all for the replies.I decided on the Ripley Court hotel.I will be coming from the newlands cross side through the red cow.I have been looking at routefinder,it will make an interesting drive to find the way.Is there any easy way to do it? when I say easy,I mean easier that all the veer left and right that the route finder tells me to do..Not easy to veer into streets you don't know:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

If you're coming eastbound on the North quays, turn left at Liberty Hall. Then get into one of the right hand lanes and head towards Amien Street (keep Busaras on your left. Talbot Street will be your second left after the bus station, take this left and the hotel is about 100-200 metres up on your right. I believe they have underground parking through a gate and down a ramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

hardCopy wrote: »
    If you're coming eastbound on the North quays, turn left at Liberty Hall. Then get into one of the right hand lanes and head towards Amien Street (keep Busaras on your left. Talbot Street will be your second left after the bus station, take this left and the hotel is about 100-200 metres up on your right. I believe they have underground parking through a gate and down a ramp.

Yep. Can't fault those directions at all. The only thing I will add is that the turn for Talbot St is very soon after you turn onto Amiens St and pass Busaras. So get ready to turn left, as soon as you've gone past Busaras.

I also think that the entrance to the hotels underground car park is before you get to the hotel itself. You may want to call the hotel and confirm that, but I think it is. Talbot St is one way street, so if you over shoot it, you'll have to go around the block and start over. It's a very busy part of Dublin, so you probably wouldn't want to have to do that.

Advertisement