Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miller's lane resurfaced

Options
  • 30-03-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if any residents facing or backing onto Miller's lane are suffering similar issues to ourselves since the lane was resurfaced earlier this year. We have secondary school students on lunch break and journeying home using the loose gravel/pebbles to throw them at our windows for the past 2/3 months. With young kids in the house and in the back garden, its become a major worry and the guards don't seem to be able to do anything unless one of the windows is broken or one of the kids get hurt. I'm just wondering if its just happening in ours and my neighbours house or maybe there are the others that have experienced this issue. The kids seem to be wearing the blue of Coláiste Éinde on Threadneedle road and the lane would have been raised about 6" to 8" which means the older kids now have a line of sight into the house where this wasn't the case previously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Have you phoned the principal? They might give you a load of "we're not responsible once they're off school grounds" - but give it right back: the kids are disgracing the school by their behaviour in the uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Have you phoned the principal? They might give you a load of "we're not responsible once they're off school grounds" - but give it right back: the kids are disgracing the school by their behaviour in the uniform.

Thanks, it seems salthill garda station have a number of records/complaints so I was advised to have a garda representative approach the principal with the information from the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Where is Miller's Lane, if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Links234 wrote: »

Links dunnes knocknacarra/b&q with the rahoon road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Links234 wrote: »

http://ie.geoview.info/millers_lane,79421014w

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I'm wondering if any residents facing or backing onto Miller's lane are suffering similar issues to ourselves since the lane was resurfaced earlier this year. We have secondary school students on lunch break and journeying home using the loose gravel/pebbles to throw them at our windows for the past 2/3 months. With young kids in the house and in the back garden, its become a major worry and the guards don't seem to be able to do anything unless one of the windows is broken or one of the kids get hurt. I'm just wondering if its just happening in ours and my neighbours house or maybe there are the others that have experienced this issue. The kids seem to be wearing the blue of Coláiste Éinde on Threadneedle road and the lane would have been raised about 6" to 8" which means the older kids now have a line of sight into the house where this wasn't the case previously.

Millar's Lane could do with serious improvements. What kind of surface has been put on it?

Perhaps some lighting might be a good idea. There is also a significant dog fouling problem, caused by locals who walk their canines there regularly but who make no effort to clean up after themselves. Last time I passed that way there were heaps of dog sh1t the whole way along the lane.

If I were you I would report the anti-social behaviour (all of it) to the City Council. AFAIK these issues are part of the Community Warden's remit.

Additionally I would report it specifically to the Community Gardai for the area. They ought to be patrolling these areas from time to time, and there is no reason why they can't speak to the school principal(s) to let them know what is going on. The Community Gardai also have bikes, which would facilitate such patrols. Unfortunately they need special training (seriously!) to use bicycles, so perhaps you might also request that get themselves organised in that department.

By the way, there's a specific provision in the current City Development Plan to "develop and upgrade Millars Lane for passive recreation".

Advertisement