Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digits top right of tv..

• 30-03-2014 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Probably the wrong forum, actually this topic probably doesn't deserve its own thread.

Top right of your tv screen during football matches on sky sports. 9 digits in groups of 3.

anyone know what they mean?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Probably the wrong forum, actually this topic probably doesn't deserve its own thread.

Top right of your tv screen during football matches on sky sports. 9 digits in groups of 3.

anyone know what they mean?

thanks
    It's your card number so they can trace back the source of illegal streaming.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its your Sky viewing number I think. Meant to make it easier for Sky to track who is illegally streaming feeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Thanks lads! Was annoying me for bloomin ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's not your viewing card number but the previous poster is correct in saying it is an anti piracy measure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's not your viewing card number but the previous poster is correct in saying it is an anti piracy measure

Some coincidence that it's the same number as my viewing card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It is the viewing number. But they'd want to buck up their ideas because most people streaming use A) A 3rd party box or B) crop the top of the video so the card number can't be seen.

If they were to randomly move the card number one time (no idea if that is possible) then a lot of people who stream would get caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Press pause and play and it gets rid of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Oat23 wrote: »
    It is the viewing number. But they'd want to buck up their ideas because most people streaming use A) A 3rd party box or B) crop the top of the video so the card number can't be seen.

If they were to randomly move the card number one time (no idea if that is possible) then a lot of people who stream would get caught.

When I watch cricket on Indian streams the number pops up in random places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Most streamers with have a brain have this cropped out of their feed : /

Don't know if anyone picked up the news that WWE (wrestling) are rolling out their own network. €9.99 a month for

Archive footage of just about every PPV event ever
    All upcoming PPV events
    Normal weekly footage of the weekly events
    Additional newsreel stuff

And a raketonne more that someone into wrestling could explain to you.

I would HAPPILY pay €9.99 a month, for a channel thats all United, but most importantly, contains their actual first team games in said month. Would happily pay a yearly sub to that come to think of it, aslong as it's HD quality, and I can get it onto my TV one way or another.

I think it's where things will eventually go, cause I don't see how the PRemier League is gonig to generate more and more TV revenue, when more and more people are ditching their sports packages.

Three years ago, pretty much all of my group had Sky Sports. Now, there is about two of us with Sky Sports, one with BT, and we mostly gather i nthe pub to catch matches, or stream them.

TV revenue aint worth a ****e, if people keep ditching their packages due to the split in coverage. No way the majority of people can justify paying €74 a month for BT sports and Sky Sports, ontop of your TV package, I know I cant. And I justify alot of stupid purchases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

TheDoc wrote: »
    Most streamers with have a brain have this cropped out of their feed : /

Don't know if anyone picked up the news that WWE (wrestling) are rolling out their own network. €9.99 a month for

Archive footage of just about every PPV event ever
    All upcoming PPV events
    Normal weekly footage of the weekly events
    Additional newsreel stuff

And a raketonne more that someone into wrestling could explain to you.

I would HAPPILY pay €9.99 a month, for a channel thats all United, but most importantly, contains their actual first team games in said month. Would happily pay a yearly sub to that come to think of it, aslong as it's HD quality, and I can get it onto my TV one way or another.

I think it's where things will eventually go, cause I don't see how the PRemier League is gonig to generate more and more TV revenue, when more and more people are ditching their sports packages.

Three years ago, pretty much all of my group had Sky Sports. Now, there is about two of us with Sky Sports, one with BT, and we mostly gather i nthe pub to catch matches, or stream them.

TV revenue aint worth a ****e, if people keep ditching their packages due to the split in coverage. No way the majority of people can justify paying €74 a month for BT sports and Sky Sports, ontop of your TV package, I know I cant. And I justify alot of stupid purchases.

Very good idea, probably worthy of its own thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As if you're going to get that package for that amount. Why would the Premiership sell something for so cheap that they've been hugely successful in selling for much more, all the while hurting their matchday income in doing so.

Advertisement