Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla as an area to live

Options
  • 30-03-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi myself and my Fiance along with our two children are moving back to Dublin after living in the country for nearly 3 years. We were thinking on Clonsilla. what is it like for creches,schools,what estates to avoid and favour? Thank you very much

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is in Dublin 15 which is north west Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 21200915

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It is in Dublin 15 which is north west Dublin.

I know that I must have clicked wrong. If you think it would get replies by being in a different catagory which would you recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Try North County Dublin

Synode wrote: »
    Try North County Dublin

hi we are both originally from clondalkin and grew up around clondalkin and lucan areas .our families still live around there and i need to he close by as i need help with the two babies since my back and pelvis is worse. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Well then , why dont you look at Clondalkin or Lucan if your folks are there.

You will find that Dublin 15. is a very diverse area now.

When you go shopping in Blanchardstown S.C you may as well be in downtown London.

An RTE news report recently mentioned over 90+ different nationalities in the Primary schools.

Cherryfield Estate ,off the Hartstown Road is very mature and quiet area.

Good luck in your search OP

• Advertisement

kravmaga wrote: »
    Well then , why dont you look at Clondalkin or Lucan if your folks are there.

You will find that Dublin 15. is a very diverse area now.

When you go shopping in Blanchardstown S.C you may as well be in downtown London.

An RTE news report recently mentioned over 90+ different nationalities in the Primary schools.

Good luck in your search OP

Have looked in Clondalkin and Lucan and nothing that we want to stay longterm in. We have a few places in Clonsilla we like. Different nationalitys don't bother me if it's a good school then why not. I shop in Blanchardstown and I think it is the same as all shopping.centres . Always busy.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Lohunda, Allendale, St Mochta's in Clonsilla are grand also.

But as regards schools in the area and waiting lists etc, dont know.

Good luck anyways in your search

Advertisement