Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla as an area to live

Options
  • 30-03-2014 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi myself and my Fiance along with our two children are moving back to Dublin after living in the country for nearly 3 years. We were thinking on Clonsilla. what is it like for creches,schools,what estates to avoid and favour? Thank you very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

21200915 wrote: »
    Hi myself and my Fiance along with our two children are moving back to Dublin after living in the country for nearly 3 years. We were thinking on Clonsilla. what is it like for creches,schools,what estates to avoid and favour? Thank you very much

This has come up as a topic a few times before so if you do a search you should find info.

Where are you going to be working i.e. what will your commute be like (factors whether you should try be near the train or the bus etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 21200915

amdublin wrote: »
    This has come up as a topic a few times before so if you do a search you should find info.

Where are you going to be working i.e. what will your commute be like (factors whether you should try be near the train or the bus etc...)

The main reason for moving is my fiance was let go 7 weeks ago. So he will be looking in the city centre for work. I am on disability due to my back and pelvis so will be at home with toddler and 6 week old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Given that you will be at home with the two little ones you will be glad to hear that there are plenty of parks and playgrounds within walking distance. The shopping centre and the library is also walkable from Clonsilla. There is a parent and toddler group in the library that meets on Wednesday.

I don't think there are any estates to avoid in Clonsilla proper but some are better than other. Getting a house near to the train station is a bonus.

Given that you will be at home with the two little ones you will be glad to hear that there are plenty of parks and playgrounds within walking distance. The shopping centre and the library is also walkable from Clonsilla. There is a parent and toddler group in the library that meets on Wednesday.

I don't think there are any estates to avoid in Clonsilla proper but some are better than other. Getting a house near to the train station is a bonus.

Thanks very much

Thanks very much thats very helpful. What schools would you recommend for putting names down. Preferably mixed as we have one.boy and one.girl would like them together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Thanks very much thats very helpful. What schools would you recommend for putting names down. Preferably mixed as we have one.boy and one.girl would like them together.

Particular schools will have specific catchment areas. Have a look at their enrolement policies for info

Scoil Choilm
    St. Mochtas

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

If your wife intends on working in the city then I would suggest looking for a property relatively close to the train station - there are a few estates to choose from (Portergate, Allendale, Mount Symon, Lohunda, Charnwood, Castlefield etc).

There are a number of primary schools in the general vicinity, catchment area is usually the key access determining factor as per the point above. As a general rule, Clonsilla is a relatively new area from a housing development perspective, most units were constructed within the past 10 - 15 years. Supporting development such as adequate school places and the like is only starting to catch up with demand but there is still a scramble for places at certain schools.

There are a number of creches in the area (theres another thread in the forum on this point), there is competition for places but it should be possible to secure a place relatively close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

St Phillips school in Mountview has a good reputation and also the Mountview pre school playgroup thats beside it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

The Ongar side of Clonsilla is very well served by 3 state of the art primary schools (St Benedicts, Castaheany Educate Together and Scoil Gráinne), plenty of crèches, Ongar Community Centre (loads of parent and toddler groups, a preschool, sports, drama, language, cooking classes, etc) Ongar Village with Dunnes Stores etc, 2 new secondary schools within walking distance, as well as Hansfield and Clobsilla train stations.

Advertisement