Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delay email batch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Orrzo

We are the dregs yes, however i remain extremely hopeful. Despite all the complex theories for the way in which they are selecting for gville - im keeping mine simple. If you passed AC the psni see you as having what they are looking for. I know people who received invites to pca etc before they even knew their actual AC score so the whole process is a mystery. All i know is were still in with a chance (and a long wait) however were still here. All i know is id rather be where we are now waiting on a pca date/vetting etc than waiting to go for IST again! And if not this time, the new recruitment drive gives us a second stab straight away rather than a 4 year wait or whatever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I agree completely. Better to be on the inside, training and checking e-mails and stalking the postman, than waiting on the assessment centre again.

And i share your optimism. I think anyone who has passed will be guaranteed a crack at the PCA. And i'm ready for that right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

CDizzle wrote: »
    Seen on another thread on here that there is 5 online learning groups scheduled. Groups 1, 2a and 2b have done the online learning, 2c and 2d might be the 64-66% people with group 3 being the dregs of the assessment centre like myself.

I got 68 and no online learning yet but received vetting forms yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

CDizzle wrote: »
    Seen on another thread on here that there is 5 online learning groups scheduled. Groups 1, 2a and 2b have done the online learning, 2c and 2d might be the 64-66% people with group 3 being the dregs of the assessment centre like myself.

There were only 3 groups in the '2' batch a,b and c. Not sure if that messes with your theory!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

Just got pca date. Rain check on the trip to the off licence for wine and cigs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

Hi, long time lurker, signed up to the forum today. just got my PCA date today but haven't received my vetting forms yet. Anyone else the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

What did you score on AC?

oztop1234 wrote: »
    What did you score on AC?

I got 66!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gok0404

Still waiting...im a 66.hoping monday brings good news.nerves are shattered.good luck to everyone who has got pca date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Seems to be so far:

Group 1: January passers (70+ AC)
    Group 2: February passers (70+ AC)
    Group 2a: Delay batch (68+ AC)
    Group 2b: Delay batch with (66-67 AC)

There's a group 2c on the online learning - could be for 64-65 or the remaining numbers. Or it could just move to a group 3. We'll soon find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

Sthm wrote: »
    Seems to be so far:

There's a group 2c on the online learning - could be for 64-65 or the remaining numbers. Or it could just move to a group 3. We'll soon find out!

I got 70 and im in 2b

Got my pca invite today, vetting was yesterday... Haven't got online learning yet...anyone the same?

I got 70 and im in 2b

Ah ok. The guys with 66-67 will presumably be Group 2c then?

LadyVernal wrote: »
    Got my pca invite today, vetting was yesterday... Haven't got online learning yet...anyone the same?

You get online learning if you pass pca.

Ah ok. The guys with 66-67 will presumably be Group 2c then?

Not sure, who knows :(

• Advertisement

Seems to be so far:

I'm in 2a, 77 at AC. There is no 'group 2' on the online learning, just 1, 2a, 2b, 2c and 3.

Spot on, cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

How do you know what group you are in? I got 80 or 81 In the Ac and was part of the delay group. Had pca last week and passed. No medical or online yet :(

The online learning tells you which group you're in

Thanks 19087! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

Got my pca date yesterday too, 66 in ac

What date is everyones familiarisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Hi all,
    62% pass for me at AC and still no word. Staying confident that I will hear in the next batch of PCA. Happy enough to wait as long as it takes, even though it's not easy, but as least more time in the gym.

Will also apply for next recruitment starting end of May, just incase!

Well done to everyone who has got through the PCA and best of luck to those who are attending soon!

Just out of interest, for those who got PCA date in last few days, how long until the PCA?

Ages. Over a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

DaveNi wrote: »
    Hi all,
    62% pass for me at AC and still no word. Staying confident that I will hear in the next batch of PCA. Happy enough to wait as long as it takes, even though it's not easy, but as least more time in the gym.

Will also apply for next recruitment starting end of May, just incase!

Well done to everyone who has got through the PCA and best of luck to those who are attending soon!

Just out of interest, for those who got PCA date in last few days, how long until the PCA?

It's ages away. Put it this way, I'll be applying at the end of May for sure :D

Hi all, I got 80 in ac and passed my pca last week tho no online yet. Probably a silly question but does anyone know when the next online starts? Think I might as well apply for the next recruitment....never know what happens

mstar wrote: »
    Got my pca date yesterday too, 66 in ac

Have you got vetting forms yet? I haven't received any yet.

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Hi all, I got 80 in ac and passed my pca last week tho no online yet. Probably a silly question but does anyone know when the next online starts? Think I might as well apply for the next recruitment....never know what happens

To be perfectly honest, I can't remember now and I can't access mine as it closed on Friday. I think it may have been around the middle of the month but couldn't say for sure

19087 ur like the guy with all the info, so thought I'd test you with another one :) has anyone asked for ther merit score? I was going to email them about something else and thought I may as well ask :)

19087 ur like the guy with all the info, so thought I'd test you with another one :) has anyone asked for ther merit score? I was going to email them about something else and thought I may as well ask :)

:) well I'd like to say I know everything that's going on but I'm afraid not! Although I think I read someone had phoned up for their merit number and been told that basically there wasn't an official list this time? I think the merit numbers were really more for the 50:50 era, to keep the process transparent. Not so necessary this time round.

• Advertisement

Okay so it seems people have received both vetting forms and pca dates in the past week/over the weekend....anybody else here with 66% at AC not received anything yet?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KT0903

Orrzo wrote: »
    Okay so it seems people have received both vetting forms and pca dates in the past week/over the weekend....anybody else here with 66% at AC not received anything yet?! :(

I'm in the same boat. Hopefully today will bring some news. *crosses fingers*

I'd thought all 66's had heard by now.

I'm 65 so hopefully I'm in the next batch.

There are people in the first batch that got lower than 80!

Unfortunately it seems there are at least 2 of us that haven't....maybe we both have the same postman, mine is quite unreliable lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

very strange!!...thought they were doing 66 & 67 at present -- if nowt today for you, I'll get the email address tonight from the forms if you want to check up...

vickmackey wrote: »
    very strange!!...thought they were doing 66 & 67 at present -- if nowt today for you, I'll get the email address tonight from the forms if you want to check up...

That would be fantastic, thank you vickmackey! ....i thought so too, imagine the massive disappointment i had on friday when the big white envelope in my letterbox was not vetting forms but a bill for insurance renewal :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

oh, know the feeling!!
    sound job, I'll not be home till about 9, so let me know- fingers crossed just a postage delay and you get today.

the same thing happened last time around, with some people who got 68 getting forms and others not. presumably they use some other measure aswell as AC score, perhaps total points scored in AC or something. fingers crossed you will get them soon!

• Advertisement

If there is nothing when I get home today then I won't expect to hear until the end of the month/ start of next

oztop1234 wrote: »
    If there is nothing when I get home today then I won't expect to hear until the end of the month/ start of next

Thats the way im seeing my medical letter. They are probably done in phases. Like every 4-5 weeks.

No post at all for me. I hope it's not another 5 week wait. : (

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gok0404

Still waiting here too. I'm a 66 too.hope we get word this week. I don't understand how they are choosing groups. Seems every group that gets it is mixed results. Anyone contacted them recently for clarification?

Gok0404 wrote: »
    Still waiting here too. I'm a 66 too.hope we get word this week. I don't understand how they are choosing groups. Seems every group that gets it is mixed results. Anyone contacted them recently for clarification?

Yeah kinda wondering that to. Its maybe to make sure the groups are technically mixed ability/score?

Yeah kinda wondering that to. Its maybe to make sure the groups are technically mixed ability/score?

Could just be that they are working down through the results, taking those whose vetting is completed!

• Advertisement

19087 wrote: »
    Could just be that they are working down through the results, taking those whose vetting is completed!

Yeah, I'd say vetting is holding some people up

I just want my vetting forms and I'll be happy.....oh and a PCA date too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I don't think Gok has even received his vetting forms, so I doubt vetting is the issue there.

Could they be processing the 66-67's in alphabetical order? My surname begins with S. Obviously clutching at straws here but hopefully hear word tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mark1969

I only just passed with 60 so I must have to wait at least another few months based on current posts

• Advertisement
Advertisement