Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delay email batch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

So another 378 officers from May campaign in addition to this 478?

That's right - said to be 100 + 378 from the 2013/14 campaign ('campaign 1') and an additional 378 from the 2014/15 campaign (starting this month).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Sthm wrote: »
    That's right - said to be 100 + 378 from the 2013/14 campaign ('campaign 1') and an additional 378 from the 2014/15 campaign (starting this month).

Jesus, they must have found a few bob in the couch for that! Pity they can't exhaust our B list before another campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

Jesus, they must have found a few bob in the couch for that! Pity they can't exhaust our B list before another campaign!

They could get a fair way through, working on 66 and above at the minute, was a fair old slog from the start of our campaign as we all know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Very interesting news. Thanks for sharing. Everyone left in this campaign is in with a very good shout based on the figures mentioned. I'd actually be surprised if they got 478 from this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Sthm wrote: »
    Page 7 will clear up the speculation:

http://www.nipolicingboard.org.uk/final_pdf_-_policing_matters_may_2014.pdf

Whether campaign 1 was for the apparent 100 + 378 or only 378, I'd say that leaves anyone left with a decent shout with non-attendance and fail rates.

I think I might love you now, this hasn't half cheered me up, thanks for sharing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

oztop1234 wrote: »
    We are all in with a shout.....

I'll be applying again. It is 478. I've had that confirmed.

As long as we pass PCA should be in

Do you mind if I ask where you got it confirmed? Although, all this talk and figures certainly does give hope to us all. Don't know about the rest of you but this campaign has brought about a few grey hairs.

Batman91 wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask where you got it confirmed? Although, all this talk and figures certainly does give hope to us all. Don't know about the rest of you but this campaign has brought about a few grey hairs.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-24154684

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-24152112

http://www.u.tv/News/7500-apply-for-100-jobs-in-PSNI/a796c32c-f6c5-4c15-9bd1-c8624f4eeaff

Seen it mentioned elsewhere too, don't know if that is classed as confirmation or not :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mark1969

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone knows if we can apply for the next recruitment drive while still on the waiting list for the existing one. I passed with 60% but am waiting to get called for PCA and vetting but don't know how long it will be before that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Yes you can apply again. I will....

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Me too! Feels hard starting from the beginning again, not gave up on progressing further with this campaign but can't rely on it, I'll be doing my best to boost my score/move up the list.

• Advertisement

Definitely reapply! You don't know what could happen over the next few months so play it safe

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gok0404

Thats great news. I don't know about everyone else but I'm getting nervous and this has settled me a bit. Are there any other 66's here still waiting on word? I gt 66 and still mot heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KT0903

I'm a 66 & still waiting. You're not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gok0404

Thanks thought id been missed.emailed to see if i could get some clarification but no news. Just seems like we have been waiting so long but it'll be worth it when we start at GV.

Let us know what the reply is if you get one

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

All they will say is that its done in order of merit. I was getting impatient as id heard nothing for a few weeks after PCA but got my medical date at start of the week. Id say you guys will get something soon, probably the end of the month.

My friend is in same position as you guys and all they told him was its done in merit order.

Maybe 66/67 was a particularly common score and they haven't been able to process everyone this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

I honestly can't say I feel settled after reading the links there, but more unsettled! If they have only 478 places and 727 people on the merit list that really doesn't bode well for those of us who are sitting mid 60s.... Also why start another campaign when there are still people sitting having heard nothing yet? They could end up filling up all the places before they exhaust the current merit list and instead of going through every one on the list and offering them all a place if they pass PCA, med, vetting etc instead they will have to start from scratch on a new Application?

I know i will be extremely annoyed if I pass all stages and have to reapply again straight away just because they don't have enough places this time round....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Catdog33 wrote: »
    I honestly can't say I feel settled after reading the links there, but more unsettled! If they have only 478 places and 727 people on the merit list that really doesn't bode well for those of us who are sitting mid 60s.... Also why start another campaign when there are still people sitting having heard nothing yet? They could end up filling up all the places before they exhaust the current merit list and instead of going through every one on the list and offering them all a place if they pass PCA, med, vetting etc instead they will have to start from scratch on a new Application?

I know i will be extremely annoyed if I pass all stages and have to reapply again straight away just because they don't have enough places this time round....?

There aren't 727 on the merit list, 727 people passed the AC and progressed to the next stages. Factor in PCA fails and no shows, medical fails and no shows and vetting/smt fails and that number will be well down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

There aren't 727 on the merit list, 727 people passed the AC and progressed to the next stages. Factor in PCA fails and no shows, medical fails and no shows and vetting/smt fails and that number will be well down!

• Advertisement

Absolutely. Let's run the numbers through the super computer.

727 pass AC. 10 % don't attend =
    655 undertake PCA. 30% fail =
    460 invited to medical. 10% don't attend/fail =
    414 offered place in GV. 10% don't accept =
    373 successful applicants.

I've plucked % from mid air, obviously, but erred on the side of caution if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

It has taken nearly 9 months for them to get the first batch of recruits to GV, they're probably running another campaign so as to have a steady stream of recruits going through the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

This is like my 5th or 6th time applying. It looks likely I should get it this time. If not, I'll go again. If you want it you get it.

727 was after AC. I think its very positive to all of us.

As above, the 727 figure relates to the amount of AC passes to be phased through the remaining stages. That number will go downwards as some people inevitably withdraw and fail the next stages. The report below is pretty old, but it should have some bearing at least on the current attendance / non-attendance and pass / fail rates at some of the stages. Appendix II has some tables for easy reference to percentages.

http://www.psni.police.uk/eqia_recruitment_full_report.pdf
    Medical Attendance: 95.11%
    Medical Pass: 78.75%
    Pool Withdrawl: 1.38%

Using the above numbers and a few hypothetical numbers guessed on posts on here from people who have already attended their PCA:

Passed AC: 727
    Attend PCA: 654 (90% attendance)
    Pass PCA: 458 (70% pass rate)
    Attend Medical: 436 (95% attendance)
    Pass Medical: 345 (79% pass rate)
    After Pool Withdrawls: 341 (1% withdrawl)
    After Vetting / SMT fails: 323 (95% pass rate)
    Appointable: 323

Still a chance to pass all five stages and not be within the appointable band, but I'd view it as good odds making it into the appointable band even if you ranked 727.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I heard from someone in the know that fails at PCA/medical are "obliterating" the list. I thought I was outta the race for this recruitment but you never know... Keep up the training, we might well get a go at PCA this time round (like a lot of you I haven't heard a thing from ac results and was in the delay batch. Will reapply anyways but not giving up on progressing in this campaign)

All quiet here today

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

All quiet on the postman front still.. received a call today "on behalf of the PSNI" but it was to ask did I want to participate in a survey regarding their performance in the local area.. such a tease!

Brutal! Playing with your emotions!!

Give this a we bump up! Hopefully in the next few weeks we will hear something!!

• Advertisement

Gotten rather quiet in here indeed.

Hopefully pick up again at the end of this month / beginning of next when the next batch is phased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

just for update --
    i'm one of the ones waiting to go for PCA fairly soon (tho enough time for extra push on training) (fam date rapidly approaching!)....vetting forms returned last saturday....
    let you know any further info as I go, either way, as I have found it very helpful others putting updates and advice on.

New campaign just announced. 28th may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

oooooooooooo very interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Class, lol, another campaign to wait for :-)

Ah well, the joys of wanting something.

Thanks for the info!!

As a great man once said 'We go again'

Didn't work out all that well for him, but still :D

• Advertisement

vickmackey wrote: »
    just for update --
    i'm one of the ones waiting to go for PCA fairly soon (tho enough time for extra push on training) (fam date rapidly approaching!)....vetting forms returned last saturday....
    let you know any further info as I go, either way, as I have found it very helpful others putting updates and advice on.

All the best for it, Mackey.

Everyone just going to apply or chance your arm and sent an email off to HR asking about whether to apply or not

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I'll be applying. Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KT0903

I'll be applying again. You never know what could happen in the next stages. I don't believe there is any problem being in 2 campaigns as I know a serving officer who applied for a new campaign whilst waiting in another.

Definitely apply again. No harm. Sure ye can do your IST in the morning and skip along to your medical in the afternoon. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

Passed pca today 💪

Clare1304 wrote: »
    Passed pca today 💪

Well done!

I knew it was suspiciously quiet on the pca front! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

I passed my PCA aswell, definitely understand what people are talking about when they say there is something in the air, cant stop coughing lol

PTR292 wrote: »
    I passed my PCA aswell, definitely understand what people are talking about when they say there is something in the air, cant stop coughing lol

Congratulations! Many at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

Think there was 18 in total at mine. The air is awful :(

Yeah I am going to one of the new campaigns familiarisation events...... Going to see if I can find out any info for this campaign.

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Yeah I am going to one of the new campaigns familiarisation events...... Going to see if I can find out any info for this campaign.

Hopefully you will bring us news that might just stop me being a whiny b*tch! :P

Apologise to everyone for that btw, just the whole not knowing thing is getting the better of me these days!

I'll ask when they allow you to have look at the PCA after the talk is over. Don't want to make it a public question.

I attended one of the familiarisation sessions for Campaign 1 and there was a lady from recruitment / HR there. I'm heading to one next week to see if they can give any guidance as to when everyone from this current list will have been phased.

Anything new and I'll post it up.

Sound pair of lads/lassies ! Owe you a pint/meal if we get in together ! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement