Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delay email batch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Sound pair of lads/lassies ! Owe you a pint/meal if we get in together ! :)

Stay positive, lad. Still very much in the running!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I'd be interested in the answers too, I'm another one waiting about, don't think I'll get to a session til around the end of the month, if there's no word / no word on here I'll be asking the HR woman too. Just be nice to have a better idea of where we stand, be applying again anyways, but it's been silence on their end for a long while now...

I'd love to know just a general timescale to when the phasing will be completed. They're bound to have a rough month worked out, so hopefully one of the staff could be in a position to relay any relevant info for us still waiting.

I'm heading near to the start of the week, so I'll post up afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

If i worked in HR, my subconscious would get the better of me and i'd be pushing for a batch email to be sent out with a SITREP, it's not hard to do ! :rolleyes:

But sure that's just me !

I've a feeling the aul 'phasing is done on merit order and the list is valid until early next year' will maybe be the response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Feeling you might be right. Hopefully if it's a face to face question they might give me more information.

I'll post the answer when i have it

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Just want to say i quite like this wee delay group. :-) seems everyone is decent.

Good to see everyone helping each other out!!

Il def be reapplying. I was always told any good horse trainer has a foal in the stable. Lol. Campaign 2 is my foal. :-)

Does seem like a good group! :-)

Good chance some of us will be going through GV together so will need each other more than ever!

I'll definitely be applying again.

For me, this place has been invaluable so far. Just at least knowing others are in the same position makes the delays more bearable.

Presuming we are all in with a shot, I am looking forward to hopefully seeing some of you guys/girls at GV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TwentyTwenty

Passed PCA this week. Another hurdle cleared (just) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

Passed PCA this week. Another hurdle cleared (just) :D

What session were you at? How did you find it?

Clare1304 wrote: »
    What session were you at? How did you find it?

From reading back a few pages I think I was at yours. Bit tougher than I expected but no mistakes and gave it 100% Certainly felt it afterward!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

From reading back a few pages I think I was at yours. Bit tougher than I expected but no mistakes and gave it 100% Certainly felt it afterward!

How fit would you say you are?

Cromlech wrote: »
    How fit would you say you are?

Haha, I guess quite active. I meant more when shown around initially that it didn't look too difficult but on my last lap I was definitely feeling it. If you listen to the instructions and your careful it's ok

Just seen the joinpsni website was updated this morning to include this bit re the phasing of candidates through the last stages:
    Please note that these stages are managed by the PSNI and that candidates will be processed on a phased basis over a period of time (normally 6 – 12 months), according to merit order, through these stages.

At least there's a rough timescale. I'd say there is, at most, half of the merit list left to process. Unless they're phasing in small groups of 50 odd, I couldn't imagine it should take more than another few months until the last group start being phased. Only basing that on the numbers estimated or thought to have gone through PCA so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

I just checked the Educations FAQs page on JoinPSNI and it seems the requirement for IT has been removed.

They are going to assess IT skills throughout the application process.

Anyone going to the familiarisation events?

If it's 6 to 12 months of processing the merit list we all must still be in with a shout.

They have only filled 2 squads.

I take it no one managed to make it to a session as of yet? :P

Someone has just posted on the 2014 thread.

No skipping stages....we have to start from the start again.

What an absolute joke, dont mind doing the AC again, but the IST ffs ?

• Advertisement

Always been that way I'm afraid mate.

Hopefully the postman will be kind to us in the next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

200 going into this campaign. 80 spaces roughly filled so far.

Sorry boblaw there is a good chance I'm just being daft here but what do you mean 200 going into this campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

boblaw88 wrote: »
    200 going into this campaign. 80 spaces roughly filled so far.

Yeah please explain, i thought we were talking about 378?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

Just recieved email about online learning, did my pca last week

Theres 200 students across 5/6 intakes from this campaign. Approx 40 have started in intake 1 and 40 intake 2.

I asked a few of the staff and they didnt know anything about 378 just 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Theres 200 students across 5/6 intakes from this campaign. Approx 40 have started in intake 1 and 40 intake 2.

Bob - policing board confirmed there would be 378 from Campaign 1 as they called it.

My understanding was always 378 unless im worng?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

So the PSNI lied to the media then ? Hahahaha FANTASTIC

Easy tiger....
    We don't know what's happening in regards to numbers going in.
    There's been over 7,000 in this process.
    For you to hop on the bandwagon saying that isn't of the expected behaviour and standards required in the psni.
    All you can do is sit and hold on till you've been told you've got in or not. Remember you don't even know how many are in the 'merit list'
    There's no harm in applying for the new campaign.
    Just relax this merit list will be used over the next 9-12 months as we've been told.

student15 wrote: »
    Easy tiger....
    We don't know what's happening in regards to numbers going in.
    There's been over 7,000 in this process.
    For you to hop on the bandwagon saying that isn't of the expected behaviour and standards required in the psni.
    All you can do is sit and hold on till you've been told you've got in or not. Remember you don't even know how many are in the 'merit list'
    There's no harm in applying for the new campaign.
    Just relax this merit list will be used over the next 9-12 months as we've been told.

That's true, hence why i deleted it shortly after but you got the old quote in there before i got a chance to delete it ! :P

NIPB confirmed the numbers as did media outlets. Serious miscommunication going on somewhere, or just a media spin ? Disappointed if that is the case.

There was a figure of 728 said to have passed the AC, if that can be an estimate of merit list size or not, I don't know.

No harm indeed but it's not particularly healthy having to go through that amount of stress and not knowing again. We've already proved we have met the standard required.

That's true, hence why i deleted it shortly after but you got the old quote in there before i got a chance to delete it ! :P

NIPB confirmed the numbers as did media outlets. Serious miscommunication going on somewhere, or just a media spin ? Disappointed if that is the case.

There was a figure of 728 said to have passed the AC, if that can be an estimate of merit list size or not, I don't know.

No harm indeed but it's not particularly healthy having to go through that amount of stress and not knowing again. We've already proved we have met the standard required.

You've just got to wait it out, what was your ac mark.
    Apply again and show that you can be above the standard...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

"i predict a riot!!"
    fight...fight...fight!! ;-)

student15 wrote: »
    You've just got to wait it out, what was your ac mark.
    Apply again and show that you can be above the standard...

If they actually wanted a higher standard than it is presently, why didn't they set that standard higher?

As it is, we shouldn't have to prove ourselves again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Orrzo

There has been confusion as to how many will be recruited the whole way through the process - initially 100 then 378 then uncertainty as to whether or not this 378 was inclusive of the 100 places secured under the 2013 budget. - they are phasing groups through and taking intakes of 40ish at a time - fail rates through the psni stage have been rumoured to be huge dwindling the merit list of 730 - they are currently pca + vetting people with 66% at AC - only 2 intakes started and they are still processing candidates this far down the list, there is every possibility anyone left is in with a shout, if not another campaign starting so soon should be seen as an opportunity to prove you want the job! People in the past tried many many times under 50/50 and are still having a crack at it now! I think those of us left should stop worrying so much, roll with the punches and use everything as experience! ....rant over :)

Unfortunately that's the way it works and had always worked.

If I don't get in this time I'll apply again and try and get further up the list for the next campaign.

Once they fill x amount of spaces and I'm not one then tough luck on me. That's that campaign done and I move onto the next one.

It's not over yet for us all.

Stay positive :-)

Orrzo wrote: »
    There has been confusion as to how many will be recruited the whole way through the process - initially 100 then 378 then uncertainty as to whether or not this 378 was inclusive of the 100 places secured under the 2013 budget. - they are phasing groups through and taking intakes of 40ish at a time - fail rates through the psni stage have been rumoured to be huge dwindling the merit list of 730 - they are currently pca + vetting people with 66% at AC - only 2 intakes started and they are still processing candidates this far down the list, there is every possibility anyone left is in with a shout, if not another campaign starting so soon should be seen as an opportunity to prove you want the job! People in the past tried many many times under 50/50 and are still having a crack at it now! I think those of us left should stop worrying so much, roll with the punches and use everything as experience! ....rant over :)

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

Thats it, Ive applied countless times and this looks like my best chance so far!

Lets hope so ! I've never been so pessimistic in my life ! Are you still heading to a Familiarisation Session Oztop?

Yeah I'll be at one in the next few weeks.

Should have added earlier that what I meant was even if you scored well, apply again. Civil service does this as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

]]]

this makes very worrying reading, even for someone "waiting on the call" only 120 spaces left, hopefully a miscommunication somewhere along the line or going to be a lot of very disappointed people that amount wont even cover group 2a.

If they actually wanted a higher standard than it is presently, why didn't they set that standard higher?

As it is, we shouldn't have to prove ourselves again!

Not using this a medium for arguing, this is meant to be used for positive.
    I'm saying go for it again and use the experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

What an absolute joke, dont mind doing the AC again, but the IST ffs ?

Hardly an absolute joke, you are up against new candidates and if you score the same as them in the AC and they are forced to use IST score to separate candidates it is hardly fair that they have done a completely different test to the one that you have done. It is only fair with a whole new recruitment campaign as you are up against all new applicants that everyone has a level playing field.

Forgive me if i am wrong, but are aptitude tests not broadly similar to each other, as in not any easier or difficult?

If that is the case, as i believe it to be, then i think it's a bit of a pain in the ass to sit through again !

Anyway, not much i can do now but just battle through it!

Okay tensions seem high around here, yes its frustrating to think that only 200 may be taken this time round but unfortunately life can be unpredictable - police work is unpredictable! There is no point getting stressed out about all of this. This figure of 200 could even be a communication error OR they are running an initial wave of 200 to see how many dropouts etc there are from the squads/ iron out any problems before they commit to offering places to more people in the appointable band. There could be any number of reasons! Bottom line is its out of our control. What will be will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Choobs wrote: »
    If they lose more than a handful I'd imagine they'd either increase the numbers in later intakes or add another intake at a push. I doubt they'd let people drop out in significant numbers and be in danger of not having enough to meet the minimum required for the service

Just carrying this over so it doesn't derail one of the official 'stage' threads.

I'm not sure this is necessarily the case. Although, I've no idea of the veracity of the numbers mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if 7 people had failed to attend the induction of the 1st squad and therefore prevented another 7 people from taking this opportunity. 7 places in GV is not an insignificant number at this stage in the recruitment process.

Just wanted to make this point and encourage anyone who finds themselves accepting an offer and then changing their mind to please inform the PSNI of your decision through the official channels so that the position may be offered to another candidate. It could make all the difference to any 1 of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

You are not out, until you're told you are out.

Calm down. Use this time to get sharp physically and mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

Sorry but i haven't read through the last few pages of posts in detail but has this number of 200 been confirmed by the psni?

col212 wrote: »
    Sorry but i haven't read through the last few pages of posts in detail but has this number of 200 been confirmed by the psni?

Not that i know of.

I do not mean any disrespect to anyone nor is this aimed at any one "boardie" but there have been many occasions throughout this campaign whereby someone has posted what they have heard and in turn it has created mass panic.
    Maybe im daft but im thankful for the boardie sharing this info on the 200.
    If it turns out to be viable info then atleast it wont come as a shock if we get a dear john saying you werent within the top 200 when we where aiming for top 400!!!
    If it turns out someone has gotten their wires crossed then all the better!
    Until an official statement is released im holding out hope for this campaign, setting myself up for the next one ....oh and continueing to watch police interceptors etc until silly o'clock in the morning when i should just go to bed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

I dont think the 200 number is correct. I would almost bet money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

I dont think the 200 number is correct. I would almost bet money on it.

im with u on that one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement