Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay email batch!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

azrael99 wrote: »
    If you look at the email which was sent to all successful candidates from the AC it says at the bottom that it is a provisional offer of employment as long as you can pass the next 5 stages so to me that would say that if you got an email that you passed there isn't a chance that you will not be even considered, you will get vetting papers and a date for the PCA but they are obviously just running this in batches, I think if you got an email to say you passed the AC then you have a chance at the job as long as you pass the 5 stages the PSNI require. We are simply speculating at the moment and i'm not sure its necessarily a good thing.

Unfortunately this isn't true. The exact wording is;

'in order to be eligible for an offer of appointment, you must successfully complete the 5 stages above and be within the appointable band to meet the PSNI requirement from this competition (currently expected to be a maximum of 378)'

• Registered Users Posts: 38 azrael99

Well hopefully having a high B will put us within the appointable band, fingers crossed. Good luck everybody :)

Well hopefully having a high B will put us within the appointable band, fingers crossed. Good luck everybody :)

Agreed. Be nice to know how may are in the pool though. Could be disheartening at the same time so probably better of not knowing. Better to stay positive!

I'm staying positive and looking at it the same way as another poster, this just means we have more time to get fit for the PCA and hopefully fingers crossed we will be called up to do so.

Does anyone know how many people got through to the AC in total?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

I'd love to know the figure!

I'm just going to keep training and hoping! Rumour on the waiting thread that calls may start going out to those who have been through everything so our forms and PCA may start when they start in GV.

• Advertisement

Yeah I would imagine that they would probably have to wait until people are at least started GV because otherwise the numbers would be huge going through GV. I know a guy who was in the first batch and he did medical on Tuesday, now he is just waiting to hear a start date so might not be too long we have to wait :)

Calls have started on the waiting thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

yup!....and so it begins!!

Fingers crossed this could be good news for us guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

Brilliant news for them (and hopefully us). still feel sick with envy tho :-(

• Advertisement

No post for me

doubt we'll hear anything till they sort existing new starts....so they know exact number they have.....at the end of the day, there may be people who get offered and turn it down!...it is possible! :-0

Haha! I like you optimism!

Suppose it's possible! They might also have people who want to defer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I'm unsubbing from this forum for a while until I hear! Otherwise I'll be dead with stress before I even get a chance to do the physical!

Shield's mentioned before that about 1 in 5 turn it down. Maybe not in the 'current climate' but the numbers who turn down a place at GV wouldn't be insignificant.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

So has anyone received anything today in the post?

Haven't been home yet today, will have to see after work, wont be getting home until about 6 :( the anticipation and the speculation are the worst parts of this by far

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭missyme82

no post for me today, I can't believe they are actually gonna make their original time frame of trainees starting in May. For a time I really thought they had no chance of making that deadline.

I would say (just me being hopeful) we have nothing to worry about with high B's, there are obviously a large number of people in the first batch and it will be their priority to getting them assigned with dates and focusing on starting them at GV. I remain hopeful that its only a matter of time until we all get our chance too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I would say (just me being hopeful) we have nothing to worry about with high B's, there are obviously a large number of people in the first batch and it will be their priority to getting them assigned with dates and focusing on starting them at GV. I remain hopeful that its only a matter of time until we all get our chance too :)

The rumour surrounding numbers for the first batch going through the medicals was around 60 odd.

The rumour or numbers suggested for the second batch who are currently doing or finished the PCA is 18 per session, 3 sessions a day, over three days. Potentially 162 doing the PCA from the second batch?

Piece together fail rates and non-attendance through the next stages and the numbers rumoured so far would suggest there are still quite a number of spots.

• Advertisement

Well if any of that is true then surely thats a good sign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Speaking as a low B i certainly hope so!

Just out of interest what are you classing as a low B?

I'd say:

60-63=low
    64-66=mid
    67-69=high

could be about right -- and some of the high Bs have their vetting forms already....
    i'd be in the mid (66) and havent rec'd anything.

Complete speculation, but the recent rumour doing the rounds was that May time will see the start of another competition. Maybe it would indicate numbers through to the last five stages administered by PSNI were lower than they had hoped for. i.e. anyone left is in with a solid shout.

Or it could be complete nonsense. :D

I've heard that too. Also September!

Would go along with the chief constables letter stating they hoped to bring in 300 next year

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

oztop1234 wrote: »
    I've heard that too. Also September!

Would go along with the chief constables letter stating they hoped to bring in 300 next year

This concerns me, purely for the fact that if they do another competition and finish while Bs from this comp are still waiting, would the A*s and As from the new comp trump us?

mstar wrote: »
    This concerns me, purely for the fact that if they do another competition and finish while Bs from this comp are still waiting, would the A*s and As from the new comp trump us?

They will probably go with 378 this competition as they've said.

Then 300 from a new competition.

Did I read this merit list will go to march 2015?

• Advertisement

oztop1234 wrote: »
    They will probably go with 378 this competition as they've said.

Then 300 from a new competition.

Did I read this merit list will go to march 2015?

Yeah, valid up until March 2015. The same article that states that on the PSNI website suggested that funding was secured for 100 under 2013/14's budget and then hoping for 378 under 2014/15 which was recently confirmed.

Anyone know what happened to the total of 478 then? Any documentation I've seen so far only relates to 378 and seems to not include the initial 100 already secured from last year's budget.

Advertisement