Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks for help foiling phone snatch

Options
  • 30-03-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just want to send a thanks out into the aether to a pizza delivery guy on a moped who chased down a would be mobile phone thief last night near Windmill Lane.

The victim was a young Canadian tourist outside our flat. Initially we thought the scumbag got the phone, but once we got her inside she was able to track the device and the scummer had evidently tossed in pretty quickly, probably due the hassle of being chased down by the guy on the moped. The screen was cracked in the incident, but that's better than gone for good.

So, kudos to the delivery driver. If you happen to know who this guy is, please pass on thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

boombang wrote: »
    Hi, I just want to send a thanks out into the aether to a pizza delivery guy on a moped who chased down a would be mobile phone thief last night near Windmill Lane.

The victim was a young Canadian tourist outside our flat. Initially we thought the scumbag got the phone, but once we got her inside she was able to track the device and the scummer had evidently tossed in pretty quickly, probably due the hassle of being chased down by the guy on the moped. The screen was cracked in the incident, but that's better than gone for good.

So, kudos to the delivery driver. If you happen to know who this guy is, please pass on thanks.

You're welcome, I was that guy........ Who ordered that pizza.

Advertisement