Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the best payg broadband data deal

Options
  • 30-03-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

my broadband signal is not strong enough to run xbmc on my android tv box, i am hoping that one of the mobile carriers would have a sim only payg deal to suit me, i would hope to use about three hours viewing/streaming time nightly, perhaps a lot less as i have some unmissible programs to be watched via satellite, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

kn wrote: »
    Tesco Mobile have launched both PAYG and Pay Monthly PAYG plans. The stand out offer is the PAYG 15GB for €15 when you set it against €22 for 15GB on a 3 12 month contract and €20 for 10GB with the likes of Vodafone contracts.

There is a 30 day contract of 50GB for €30 SIM only. It compares well with 3's 60GB for €35 plus its on the much faster o2 network than the poor 3 one at present (I know as I am on the 3 Broadband Pro contract). They have not put up details of their contract for the Mifi device yet.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/broadbandandinternet/

quote taken from the bargain alert section and posted by kn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 rupert999

had all those packages and ran out within two weeks with O2,(had 20€ for 15gb)on meteor with 50GB for 25.40€ never looked back since,5mb upload 2mb down load...wireless device is free too and you can get Wifi device for 28€

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

thanks folkss, i would need 2.5mb download at a min, as 2mg is not sufficent to run xbmc, i have that with wireless b.b. during the day and it barely works, when it drops below that at night i am only tormenting my self, as i can see a meteor mast from my patio, i was thinking of trying them and seing what speed i could get, would adding a 3g ariel and amp increase the speed?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Have a look at irelandoffline.org. It tells you what's in your area.

Advertisement