Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What just happened in Kevin St area?

Options
  • 30-03-2014 10:57pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Large sound like an explosion that rattled all the windows, went outside all the neighbours are out too wondering the same thing. Lots of alarms going off.

We couldn't see anything out of the ordinary from outside the house. Hopefully nobody is hurt.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Seems to be down at the old Meath Hospital, fire brigade there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

miamee wrote: »
    Seems to be down at the old Meath Hospital, fire brigade there now.

Have you checked Twitter Miamee?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I did afterwards, seems that a car exploded! No one hurt as far as I know anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

BkAp9v3IYAALna8.jpg

Oh wow! That looks bad, very lucky nobody was injured in the houses or walking by!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was it a milk float ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

video of aftermath https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152393451118755&l=6844327875986124256

awful lot of people close to that car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Death and carnage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

That's pretty worrying.

I think we're probably going to have to add to the list of prescribed organisations if they keep this stuff up. That's actually in the realms of terrorism, not gangland stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

So that's what that was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Can anyone link the video again plz I can't access that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

There is nearly a army bomb disposal call out daily. But this is the first one in years that I have heard actually going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Sorry, do we know it's a bomb?

Could just be some youds with some petrol and a lighter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

donvito99 wrote: »

We definitely do not know that. We do know it was more than a fire though. Lots of people reporting shaking window frames and stuff.

So in conclusion, an explosion or a blast or some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

errlloyd wrote: »
    We definitely do not know that. We do know it was more than a fire though. Lots of people reporting shaking window frames and stuff.

So in conclusion, an explosion or a blast or some sort.

But that may have been the petrol tank exploding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Ohnoooooo-mekar

Car fire in Dublin city centre as locals report sudden explosion http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gbcwgbeyqley/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Whosthis wrote: »
    But that may have been the petrol tank exploding.

Yep, I was on my way home from work one evening in slow moving traffic when a car in front of me started blowing out a load of smoke. He pulled over and I followed the line of traffic around a corner away from him. Next thing, BOOM, perol tank goes up. I got a view of it a couple of mins later through the gaps between building and it loked just like that with heavy black smoke. I'd be inclined to think that a car burning as shown in the photo had a similar fate but hey, I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

If it was a bomb, you'd expect the windows of the cars parked next to it to be blown out but they're not. Some scrote set fire to my car a few years ago and it was different components of the car exploding that woke everyone in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Popescu

A neighbor's car some years ago spontaneously combusted with a loud noise and there were huge flames. I called the fire department. It never occurred to me that it was anything other than an electrical fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

donvito99 wrote: »

Youuuttthhhsssss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Youuuttthhhsssss!

Or perhaps youdhs would be better!

Advertisement