Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i get a life insurance that

Options
  • 30-03-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

can i get an insurance that will cover me completely for my funeral ie grave , funeral expenses etc,

myself and hub

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes, it's called a 'whole of life' policy, any broker can give you the options but you'll need to do the research yourself to make sure that you have adequate cover.

Otherwise you could look at a DIY option whereby you buy the graveyard plot and pay a reputable undertaker in advance to do the arrangements when you die. The big variable these days is the cost of the plot but unfortunately for someone who wants to tie everything down beforehand, they cost more (up to 2x) if you purchase them in advance.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/whole-of-life-insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

coylemj wrote: »
    Yes, it's called a 'whole of life' policy, any broker can give you the options but you'll need to do the research yourself to make sure that you have adequate cover.

Otherwise you could look at a DIY option whereby you buy the graveyard plot and pay a reputable undertaker in advance to do the arrangements when you die. The big variable these days is the cost of the plot but unfortunately for someone who wants to tie everything down beforehand, they cost more (up to 2x) if you purchase them in advance.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/whole-of-life-insurance

if u purchase the funeral package its costing twice the price it is now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

faolteam wrote: »
    if u purchase the funeral package its costing twice the price it is now ?

No, what I was saying is that advance purchase of a plot in a local authority graveyard costs 2x if purchased in advance but see clarification below in relation to the Dublin local authorities.

Paying for the funeral itself in advance should attract a discount to the price of the same funeral today, it all depends on how long the undertaker will be sitting on the money before you die.

Update: I just checked and DLR and Fingal county councils no longer sell plots in advance. South Dublin co. co says the following in relation to the four cemeteries they own where plots are available...

Pre-purchase conditions are in place prioritizing availability for senior citizens in Esker and Newcastle and local residents in Saggart. Graves cannot be purchased in advance in Bohernabreena Cemetery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

might go for the funeral package thanks again

Advertisement