Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ssf4 combo question

Options
  • 31-03-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

On so I used to play it ps3 but I just got a xbox now the thing is I use dan but when I try for example the combo of standing medium punch into fireball ex cancel then standin medium punch then his whirlwind kick (not sure what kick is called) it would always come out grand no problem but now since I start playing it on the xbox the final kick will not come out no matter what way I try it... does anybody know what the story is with that?? Am I missing something??

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

There's a few possibilities:

1) you're just not hitting the combo as its a tight link

2) you're playing the wrong version (should be SSF4 AE 2012v [1.07 I think?])

3) The combo doesn't work anymore in the current version.

4) PS3 and 360 have different input lag and you're not used to the 360 yet (2 or 3 frames I believe?)

5) The combo may require close mp, and you're going far mp? I dont know Dan (please learn someone else :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The irish masher

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    There's a few possibilities:

1) you're just not hitting the combo as its a tight link

2) you're playing the wrong version (should be SSF4 AE 2012v [1.07 I think?])

3) The combo doesn't work anymore in the current version.

4) PS3 and 360 have different input lag and you're not used to the 360 yet (2 or 3 frames I believe?)

5) The combo may require close mp, and you're going far mp? I dont know Dan (please learn someone else :P)

Thanks for the reply

Nope I so be able to pull the combo off no problem.. I would be able to hit it 9 out of 10 times on the ps3 but on the xbox iv tried it about 50 times and it just wont come out...

Yep j had a look there its version 2012 (1.07)

It will let me do standing medium punch into his kick no problem by its self it just won't let me do it if it's after a fireball in a combo... bull****

And no I think il stick with dan for the time being :p to many ken and ryus going around already

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's a much discussed thing that the timings are slightly different on PS3 and XBL because of differing lag on the two consoles.

I don't think any of the frame data is different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The irish masher

Yeah but the thing I don't understand is how it comes out easy when its not in a combo but won't when its in one... never did that on the ps3

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah but the thing I don't understand is how it comes out easy when its not in a combo but won't when its in one... never did that on the ps3

Well the game doesn't tend to mess around with these things so I guess check your inputs and see what's happening there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It's a much discussed thing that the timings are slightly different on PS3 and XBL because of differing lag on the two consoles.

I don't think any of the frame data is different though.

It's not that the frame data is different, I believe it's that there are 2 or 3 frames of input lag on PS3? It's something I hear people go on about a lot. Think azza knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You're probably just not used to the different controller if you're using one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It's not that the frame data is different, I believe it's that there are 2 or 3 frames of input lag on PS3? It's something I hear people go on about a lot. Think azza knows.
    360 has 1f input lag, PS3 has 2f.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Lags Discussions require an input from Chunkis.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Probably just not to use to the Xbox controller. The 1 frame less input lag should not matter much performing simple cancels.

Also pick a different character :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement