Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

murpho999 wrote: »
    In a way I'm not happy with these Chelsea injuries as all the lovely neutral supporters will just say that everything is fallen into place for us and we're getting a lucky league win this season.

Couldn't give a monkeys TBH. As long as the sentence contains 'league win' I couldn't give a fiddlers about the rest of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Liam O wrote: »
    I have actually got confused between Liamalone and LiamoSail myself, might have to do a sly name change soon, my opinion is so respected in this thread I'd hate to have it confused with another :p

In the interests of separation, I've gone all NotBigSam on it and clarified in my sig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is that Ramirez, Hazard, Cech and Terry out for Sunday?

So many out that it introduces major unknowns. So much so that they may even change their tactics. I take no comfort in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LiamoSail wrote: »
    In the interests of separation, I've gone all NotBigSam on it and clarified in my sig

I always get you confused with Liam O'Maonlai.

Are you Liam O'Maonlai?

You are,aren't ya?

Don't go...don't leave me now ow ow ow.

Good song...fair play to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I always get you confused with Liam O'Maonlai.

Are you Liam O'Maonlai?

You are,aren't ya?

Don't go...don't leave me now ow ow ow.

Good song...fair play to ya.

If I wasn't, I'd have put it in my sig..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

@Hefferboi...I saw you in there...snooping.

In where??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

murpho999 wrote: »
    In a way I'm not happy with these Chelsea injuries as all the lovely neutral supporters will just say that everything is fallen into place for us and we're getting a lucky league win this season.

The lovely neutral supporters can all go and fcuk themselves
    No one remembers how they won the league but everyones remembers that they won it

hefferboi wrote: »
    In where??

The place we're not allowed to talk about in here.

*Whispers* Prison

*Whispers* Prison

Haha you aroused my curiosity. I'm delighted for that lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

*Whispers* Prison

I thought you meant he was on THAT sofa Kerrigooney lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Haha you aroused my curiosity. I'm delighted for that lad.

What are you 2 saps talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kerri, are you after pints, ya bollocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Can we all agree that Mourinho is one of the most cynical men in football?

That he is capable of acts that just would not occur to the majority of managers!!

He has been moved to tears when accusing Madrid players of leaking his teamsheet.

He is currently describing his own players as lacking balls, elderly, rubbish!!

And he hates Pellegrini more than any other manager - even Wenger!!!

I believe that Jose would be happy to lose on Sunday if it meant Pellegrini came under pressure at Man City - he is that cynical!!

PS: In spite of the above I believe that LFC would win and win well on Sunday in any event!!!

Knex. wrote: »
    Kerri, are you after pints, ya bollocks?

He wouldn't even invite his fellow saps then.

Stargate wrote: »
    I thought you meant he was on THAT sofa Kerrigooney lol

That couch is old news. Fake taxi is better. Have a look ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

That couch is old news. Fake taxi is better. Have a look ;)

Hey hef , well done on the last match thread lol , that was your 1st ? :p

Can we all agree that Mourinho is one of the most cynical men in football?

That he is capable of acts that just would not occur to the majority of managers!!

He has been moved to tears when accusing Madrid players of leaking his teamsheet.

He is currently describing his own players as lacking balls, elderly, rubbish!!

And he hates Pellegrini more than any other manager - even Wenger!!!

I believe that Jose would be happy to lose on Sunday if it meant Pellegrini came under pressure at Man City - he is that cynical!!

PS: In spite of the above I believe that LFC would win and win well on Sunday in any event!!!

How non Chelsea fans still like him is beyond me. You still get the same sh1t when talking about him, "He's pure entertainment" and all that dung. I might be a bit biased, but he's more detestable than Suarez for non Liverpool and Chelsea fans, in my eyes. I actually get mad when I talk about him with drink in me so I've told the boys not to bring him up anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Grayditch wrote: »
    Are Chelsea the only team we haven't beaten this season?

We didn't really beat Utd either though! they gifted us the points. Hollow victory.

Stargate wrote: »
    Hey hef , well done on the last match thread lol , that was your 1st ? :p

I didn't even get to read it. I was on the beer for the day. A win is a win, though and I've now got a 100% record. Haters gon' hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

hi

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

hey there, a/s/l?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sometimes I close one eye and it reads better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Liverpool refused to play the game on the Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hefferboi stepping it up in the 'f*ck the multiquote button' department. Just the kind of tactic we need to keep people guessing on the home stretch.

quarryman wrote: »

Class...good stuff lads.

Anything that annoys Mourinho is a bonus.

Anything that annoys Mourinho is a bonus.

Or sends people into a faux outrage...for the love of god dont forget the faux outrage.

Also refused to give Chelsea tea at halftime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hmmm, I'm sceptical. No problem if it's true but I think Sky probably had the main say as to when it's played. I sense Morinho (or his media pack of ghouls) shennanigans.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm sceptical. No problem if it's true but I think Sky probably had the main say as to when it's played. I sense Morinho (or his media pack of ghouls) shennanigans.

Take it as truth...quarryman is as objective a source on Liverpool as you will find.

Sure if you even bothered to read the link he provided it's written right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Instead of saying LFC knocked Chelsea out of the Semi's of the CL with a ghost goal now he can say LFC knocked Chelsea out of the Semi's of the CL by not changing a fixture for them. Or maybe bang on about both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I thought managers weren't so obviously allowed change their teams and rest players after mick McCarthy did it with wolves a few years ago and got fined?

I thought managers weren't so obviously allowed change their teams and rest players after mick McCarthy did it with wolves a few years ago and got fined?

Does anyone believe he is gonna do it? All the comments were were his usual trolling/tantrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Does anyone believe he is gonna do it? All the comments were were his usual trolling/tantrum.

If he does, imagine the asterisk beside our name if we win then?

He'd probably love to say, 'Liverpool only won because we handed it to them".

City would be furious, I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Fellow heads.

Can you clear up the European competition qualifiers for next season including permiables for me.

For example - top 3 go straight into champions league.

4th place achieve a play off place.

League and FA cup winners qualify for Europa cup.

City won league cup and arsenal will probably win FA cup.

And if Chelsea did win champions league then how would the above affect league placings.

There have been years when teams finishing 6th and 7th have qualified for Europa cup. What about this year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

tomaussie wrote: »
    Fellow heads.

Can you clear up the European competition qualifiers for next season including permiables for me.

For example - top 3 go straight into champions league.

4th place achieve a play off place.

League and FA cup winners qualify for Europa cup.

City won league cup and arsenal will probably win FA cup.

And if Chelsea did win champions league then how would the above affect league placings.

There have been years when teams finishing 6th and 7th have qualified for Europa cup. What about this year ?

Sure, it's quite simple really. We will be in the champions league. Who cares about the rest?

Hull will get the fa cup spot. Not sure about Sunderland getting the league cup one, I reckon it goes to 6th. The only way 7th gets a spot is if Arsenal finish 5th and win the fa cup.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Mourinho saying he will look to play a weakened team...LOL I fully expect Hazard to start now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Mourinho saying he will look to play a weakened team...LOL I fully expect Hazard to start now.

Hope to god he does. I think the guy is losing it if im honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Sure, it's quite simple really. We will be in the champions league. Who cares about the rest?

Hull will get the fa cup spot. Not sure about Sunderland getting the league cup one, I reckon it goes to 6th. The only way 7th gets a spot is if Arsenal finish 5th and win the fa cup.

Sunderland do not qualify for the EL as a result of City winning the League Cup (that place goes to 6th if the winners qualify for Europe through the league)

Hull will only get the FA Cup spot if Arsenal finish 4th and win the cup.
    If Arsenal finish 5th (and win the cup) then 7th gets Europa league spot.

Knex. wrote: »
    If he does, imagine the asterisk beside our name if we win then?

He'd probably love to say, 'Liverpool only won because we handed it to them".

City would be furious, I'd imagine.

They could engrave the asterisk into the trophy for all I care.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

How dare Liverpool not move the match to help Chelsea in the CL at the detriment of their own league title challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

I think Mourinho's cage is really rattled tbh and he honestly doesnt know how to handle the game with us hence the excuses being put in early doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Would love to see Hyppia back in and around the club as a coach.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/161657-sami-there-s-a-buzz-about-the-whole-city

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

The Chelsea team will be

Schwarzer
    Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Azpillicueta
    Matic Lampard
    Salah Oscar Schurrle
    Ba

Hardly a weakened side. Cech, Terry, Hazard injured though Hazard may be on the bench. Ramires likely to face a ban following his swinging arm at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

I care.

In case you haven't noticed it's been quite a benefit for us this year not being involved in the Europa cup.

I'm trying to work out if United can qualify.

gafferino wrote: »
    Would love to see Hyppia back in and around the club as a coach.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/161657-sami-there-s-a-buzz-about-the-whole-city

Defensive coach?

Could certainly do with work on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Heard a couple of 'experts' on the radio this morning saying that Mourinho would rather play a weakened team against us and see Rodgers win the League rather than let Pellegrini win the title :confused:

Never heard such horsesh1t in all my life....the media give this guy waaaaaaaaaaay too much credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

5starpool wrote: »
    How dare Liverpool not move the match to help Chelsea in the CL at the detriment of their own league title challenge.

Haha indeed!

Have to say I smiled when JT and Cech hobbled off last night....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

You'd be mad to believe a word that Mourinho said. He'll turn up to win. This is just an attempt to throw people off their guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Defensive coach?

Could certainly do with work on that.

Yep thats what I was thinking. His experience at Leverkusen and Finland would surely help and I think his playing career and ability would command the respect of the team.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement