Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

if Sturridge isn't ready, I wouldn't mind seeing Alberto get some game time. Always thought he looked good the few times he has played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

5live wrote: »
    For me, bricking it is very good.

After Sundays game I will have enough bricks to build my much anticipated garden shed:-)

I have plenty left over after the last two weeks, you would have to collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

I'd go with the same starting 11 from the Norwich game and replace Lucas with Sturrigde around the 60 minute mark if he is fit enough .

Lucas barely contained Norwich's midfield- What makes you think he will contain Chelsea's? If anything I'd adopt the Utd away tactics- Play Sterling at the tip of a diamond and let Lucas and Allen sit in the middle... Really depends on Sturridge's fitness tho, but Chelsea will murder Lucas if he is left on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Good news, everyone!
    FA charge Chelsea's Jose Mourinho, Ramires & Rui Faria following match against Sunderland #SSN

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/459016246873579520

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2014/apr/ramires-rui-faria-charged-230414

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Vanolder wrote: »
    Lucas barely contained Norwich's midfield- What makes you think he will contain Chelsea's? If anything I'd adopt the Utd away tactics- Play Sterling at the tip of a diamond and let Lucas and Allen sit in the middle... Really depends on Sturridge's fitness tho, but Chelsea will murder Lucas if he is left on his own.

Lucas is a warrior but looks a shadow of his former self at this stage. He was very poor last weekend if we are truthful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Mourinho will probably use this to fuel his "Us against the World" mentality now. Expect Chelsea to be well up for it on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ramires wouldnt have played anyway,Lamps & Mikel suspended for the 2nd leg and Matic cup tied, has just picked the CM.

Salah on the wing, probably Schurrle on the other side and Ba through the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Knex. wrote: »
    Mourinho will probably use this to fuel his "Us against the World" mentality now. Expect Chelsea to be well up for it on Sunday.

Can't see anything but a Chelsea win now.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Can't see anything but a Chelsea win now.

Me too, if we lost I'd be shocked TBH.

Rumours also doing the round Hilario is due to start, with Jamal Blackman on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'The Rodgers' should play a weakened team and focus on the palace game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Eight Ball wrote: »
    Lucas is a warrior but looks a shadow of his former self at this stage. He was very poor last weekend if we are truthful.

Someone needs to oil him up, he was running around like tinman last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Vanolder wrote: »

I thought Lucas did well enough until the 60 minute and then you could see he was knackered and started to give away the stupid fouls and frees . I think Lucas would be fine for 60 minutes and will have to be replaced with someone else .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Dub13 wrote: »
    Someone needs to oil him up

Mr Alan volunteers as tribute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I see the mirror are running that LFC could have £70 million to spend in the summer . 10 or so from player sales .

I saw an interview John Henry did last week. Hes not too happy with the whole financial fair play thing, says clubs are not complying at all
    I wonder if it will be properly enforced or is it dead

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »

Great idea :D

Biggest game of the season both sides field weakened sides,sky majorly pi**ed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Aspas probably doesn't even know where his boots are at this stage. Alberto too.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Great idea :D

Biggest game of the season both sides field weakened sides,sky majorly pi**ed off.

Loser has to keep Moses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Excellent. Hopefully they all get the firing squad.

Or Hung,drawn and quartered might be better actually.

#classysap

Loser has to keep Moses.

To we half him if we draw?

I want the right half, its marginally better than the left.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    To we half him if we draw?

I want the right half, its marginally better than the left.

It would be easier to do it forehead or rest of the body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Some mockups of the stadium via Srijandeep Das ‏@LFC_360

1422564_723793647670799_8207364454966042382_n.jpg

1959368_723793577670806_3754547445596764431_n.jpg

10288775_723793667670797_234373349371576000_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/stadium/stadium-regeneration/welcome

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/161747-lfc-reveal-stadium-expansion-vision

Tips fedora to FSG, certainly exciting times should it go ahead as planned aswell as the current going ons.

Inb4 spade in the ground...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Jose will put out a strong team don't worry about that and they will play every trick in the book to get a result.

I also don't think the Crystal Palace team will be on there holidays now they are safe. Tony Pulis would love nothing better than to finish above Stoke after they fired him.

I think we are in for a war in the next two games.
    I think Brendan needs to have a friendly chat with Mourinho and Pulis and send them a bit of Springsteen to improve their mood:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

What's this 'we' business with Moses?? There is no 'we' where he is concerned.
    You'll change your mind when he scores 19 goals in the last 15 minutes against Palace and Newcastle;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Like the look of the new stadium expansion plans.

Better than the original generic bowl that was planned.

Stanley_Park_1.jpg

Anfield has a lot of character and history that cannot be replaced and it's nice to see it being retained, and we get to keep our 'This is Anfield' sign.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hope as the first part of the renovation they replace those horrible wooden seats in the main stand this summer. They are great for leaning back on at half time or before the game, but horrible to sit on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i hope sturridge is fit for sunday. he can end the title hopes of the club who thought he wasnt good enough to be in a title challenging team. and silence that arrogant pr!ck in charge :D

5starpool wrote: »
    I hope as the first part of the renovation they replace those horrible wooden seats in the main stand this summer. They are great for leaning back on at half time or before the game, but horrible to sit on.

They are poxy. I know your on my flight back Sun, what flight you on over..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

5live wrote: »
    You'll change your mind when he scores 19 goals in the last 15 minutes against Palace and Newcastle;)

Yeah, own goals.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dub13 wrote: »
    They are poxy. I know your on my flight back Sun, what flight you on over..?

8.05 into JLA. I'll head out to the ground earlyish for the Anfield Road atmosphere pre game. The place will be buzzing again, can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Someone posted this pic yesterday.

10151942_799464640078606_7414777595394017428_n.jpg

Suarez has shared the pic on his official Facebook and Twitter.

"Todo mi cariño y solidaridad con la familia de Nahuel. Una noticia muy triste... Descansa en paz. #YNWANahuelSuarez

All my love and solidarity with the family of Nahuel. A very sad news ... Rest in peace. #YNWANahuelSuarez"

Loads of Irish people getting stung in Chelsea & Newcastle Ticket scam, have a read of this thread and could you all share/like this please. Nothing worse that seen this happen.

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24136

Facebook post about it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Irishkopcom/197642533606680?fref=nf

My last tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Irish_Kop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The Real/Bayern match is shocking boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Love the design, credit where due, FSG and the designers have got it spot on. Hopefully it comes to fruition :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I missed all the stadium talk up till the above pics. What are the plans. 2 stands straight off to take it to 58000 odd? Are there plans to go more again then?

I missed all the stadium talk up till the above pics. What are the plans. 2 stands straight off to take it to 58000 odd? Are there plans to go more again then?

As in when it's built Stephen Gerrard runs in weaiing a hard hat sayng

"We've done nothing here. We go again"?

1286980084-steven%20gerrard%20builder.JPG

Vicxas wrote: »
    The Real/Bayern match is shocking boring.

I've enjoyed it a lot more than last nights tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I do t know about that, I think Chelsea will be a great warmup for the Pulis Crystal Palace style of football

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »

Not a huge fan of them, but they add character, proper old school. Same in goodison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I do t know about that, I think Chelsea will be a great warmup for the Pulis Crystal Palace style of football

They play decent football under him

murpho999 wrote: »

Stanley_Park_1.jpg

Anfield has a lot of character and history that cannot be replaced and it's nice to see it being retained, and we get to keep our 'This is Anfield' sign.

I agree with you entirely, but its funny to think that as generic as that looks, it hasn't a patch on Anfield.

Anfield was designed by the same fella that designed most of the big grounds in the uk and ireland around that time. The basis of many of these grounds was far more generic than any of the modern bowl like grounds built over the last 10/15 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

From what I've seen they do, alright.

Fears about that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

murpho999 wrote: »

Stanley_Park_1.jpg

Have to be honest i think it looks just okay. Could be any modern football ground.

I'd imagine he'll set up similar to what he did at City, park the bus. Worked well, city absolutely dominated but Palace had a few chances and only got beaten 1-0

• Advertisement

Have to be honest i think it looks just okay. Could be any modern football ground.

That's an old design, not the one they're going ahead with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

oh no match thread has been created and not by super-rush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

oh no match thread has been created and not by super-rush

I was obviously very busy this evening and decided to check Phoenix' match thread record.

61 Chelsea Games

34 Wins
    15 Draws
    12 Losses

That includes a 1-1 draw vs Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.

Looks like any hopes of us taking three points ended before they began.

Read the thread, that was my point.

They're evolving Anfield not changing it totally and moving it to a park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Chelsea team to play Liverpool: Hilario; Kalas, Mikel, Christensen, Ake; Van Ginkel, Matic, Lampard; Salah, Ba, Schurrle. (Daily Mirror)

lol at that back 4 no chance that will happen

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement