Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Agueroooo wrote: »
    he wasn't doing it for free...if the rumours are to be believed we are paying full wages @ close to £100k pw.

Moses isnt on 100k a week its something like 60k, nowhere near 100K anyway.

Ye can keep him for free too, dont think he has much re-sale value in him, unless newcastle fancy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That's not his fault though is it? 100k a week gets you his services. But when you acquire the services of a guy who doesn't want to live in Liverpool and has his heart set on making it long term at Chelsea it's going to be a waste of time hoping for exceptional performance.

Does anything less than the best of his abilities ad effort count as getting his services though? Especially for 100k a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Won't stop him tbh. He will have 11 inside the box for 75 minutes to try and kill the atmosphere and then try nick a late goal.

I would take a point and use it as a dress rehearsal for Pulis doing the same in the Palace game.

Palace play much more attractive, attacking football than chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Slattsy wrote: »
    Palace play much more attractive, attacking football than chelsea.

Watching Chelsea this season, it would be hard not to.

Pulis has done a remarkable job, in fairness to the man. Would not begrudge him manager of the year if he was to get it over Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Knex. wrote: »
    Watching Chelsea this season, it would be hard not to.

Pulis has done a remarkable job, in fairness to the man. Would not begrudge him manager of the year if he was to get it over Rodgers.

Rodgers, Pulis and Martinez top three alright.

Steve Bruce has done a good job too. Newly promoted and kept Hull safe, first ever FA Cup Final to look forward to and made some great signings in both tranfer windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd agree with the outfield 10. Reckon Hilario will play as they won't take the chance something will happen to Schwarzer. No way Jose wants to have to start Hilario in a CL semi final.
    Coz that would be hilarious...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

DDC1990 wrote: »

Aly Cissokho year montage.

Looking at this he really is a "must sign" player for next year.
    That bit where he got in Wilshere's face and made him back down was just priceless. If we somehow defy the odds and can win the league, then he most definitely deserves his medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Cartman78 wrote: »
    while Martin Skrtel is to be used as a girder in the upcoming expansion of the Main Stand at Anfield.

As I read that, in my head I heard Mario Rosenstock doing Vincent Browne - "Oh, that's very good, that's very good..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Steve Bruce has done a good job too. Newly promoted and kept Hull safe, first ever FA Cup Final to look forward to and made some great signings in both tranfer windows.

Surely he walks into utd job if he can win the FA cup !

If enough of us say this, can it make it so, please

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Mourinho will do like he did v atleti and put everyone behind the ball and defend all day, dosent matter who he picks it will still be difficult to break down. I predict it will be a long day.

Not as long as mine - I am at a show in the Helix with the kids from 2pm. So it'll be goal alerts and sneaky phone checking for me.

At least I will avoid another heart attack...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

LiamoSail wrote: »
    It'd be a quiet place if only those qualified to speak on a topic did so. The contrasting reactions to the arrival of Joe Cole & Brendan Rodgers prove that

I'd say Joe Cole and Charlie Adam are disgusted that the Dunkin Donuts deal was agreed after their departures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

djPSB wrote: »
    I'd say Joe Cole and Charlie Adam are disgusted that the Dunkin Donuts deal was agreed after their departures.

I'd say if we done a deal with benson & hedges that would really sicken Cole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Chelsea's possible team if he doesn't select any of the back 5 first teamers.

Hilario
    Kalas Luiz Christensen Ake
    Matic Mikel Lamps
    Salah Ba Schurrle

Ive never even heard of any of that back 4 but that is a fine backup midfield still well capable of a tough performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

The possible Chelsea team in the Mirror was: Hilario, Kalas, Mikel, Christensen, Eke, Van Ginkel, Matic, Lampard, Ba, Schurrle.

Cant see Mourinho seeking to risk all of Schwarzer, Cole, Ivanovic, Cahill and Azpillicueta but I reckon Schwarzer will start as will Cole and possibly Cahill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That bit where he got in Wilshere's face and made him back down was just priceless. If we somehow defy the odds and can win the league, then he most definitely deserves his medal.

Hehe...Jack the lad. I am surprised he didn't fall over while backing down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Not heard of David Luiz? ;P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The difference between Cissokho and Moses is night and day and says it all really.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    The difference between Cissokho and Moses is night and day and says it all really.

Yep, Cissokho's crazy hair designs help. Him and Sakho is where the confusion starts.

slingerz wrote: »
    The possible Chelsea team in the Mirror was: Hilario, Kalas, Mikel, Christensen, Eke, Van Ginkel, Matic, Lampard, Ba, Schurrle.

Cant see Mourinho seeking to risk all of Schwarzer, Cole, Ivanovic, Cahill and Azpillicueta but I reckon Schwarzer will start as will Cole and possibly Cahill.

Can he risk another injury to any of that back 4 though?

Its highly unlikely even if they beat us they will win the league and he knows it, it will only hand the advantage to City.

Deep down you know Chelsea would see Liverpool as the lesser of two evils winning it. Man City winning it would be 2 titles in 3 years, they don't want to see City dominating English football. Chelsea want to view themselves as the sugar daddy of the league.

rob316 wrote: »

Deep down you know Chelsea would see Liverpool as the lesser of two evils winning it. Man City winning it would be 2 titles in 3 years, they don't want to see City dominating English football. Chelsea want to view themselves as the sugar daddy of the league.

Do people actually think this kind of thinking will come into it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Can't believe people are falling for the weak Chelsea team line up trick for the weekend?? Thankfully Rodgers knows mourinho well enough to not fall for his games. Lol at that mirror back four if they play that i'd be shocked.

Eight Ball wrote: »
    Can't believe people are falling for the weak Chelsea team line up trick for the weekend?? Thankfully Rodgers knows mourinho well enough to not fall for his games. Lol at that mirror back four if they play that i'd be shocked.

There is nothing to fall for, Rodgers will set up his team like the best will be put out. Our teams picks itself with injuries and suspensions.

I don't even think it's mind games from mourinho, he has injuries to key members of his squad anymore will jepordise his CL chances. He is behind in the title race and even a win with 2 games to go still leaves them behind by 2 points.

You mightn't see that back 4 but you will see close to it imo. He isn't going to play Cahill, Azpil or Cole at anfield, I cant see it.

Look up.....

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Dickerty wrote: »
    Look up.....

Look down....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Roman always had a fascination with the Champions League so the priority is there I would imagine, giving us the edge against them on Sunday :)

Look down....

And shake it all around!

That would be the Lucas dance...which we will never see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Will people stop falling for that play a weakened team crap from Jose, Chelsea are still in for the title and will play best players Jose ego will see to that alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mourinho is doing all he can to be the little horse, we're still the little foal though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted earlier.

Born to be Wild?

It should have been, Another One Bites the Dust. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't get why people are going on about Chelsea line-up.

Either way we know that they will be strong, defensive and hard to score against so Rodgers just has to prepare as he normally would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Surely he walks into utd job if he can win the FA cup !

If enough of us say this, can it make it so, please

I wouldnt like this at all, the man seems to have a "hex" over us

Always gets his team up for our game, remember thinking he seemed to have Rafas number in particular.

In the game v Stamford Bridge, Brad Smith came on. Any idea what happened to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

slingerz wrote: »
    In the game v Stamford Bridge, Brad Smith came on. Any idea what happened to him?

he played pathetic. wouldnt like to see him play again

MarkY91 wrote: »

He was poor but he is only a kid, is he injured or involved with the U21's or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

**MarkY91 sees an infant taking it's first steps**

"YOU'RE ****ING PATHETIC!"

Seriously? He's a kid, was only just back from a long term injury, and has been a regular high performer for the U21s. He has a lot of quality, will feature for us at LB in the near future IMO.

It was an odd decision to bring him on, I wonder if Rodgers was trying to remind the owners how thin the squad was, just before the window opened...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

For those of you with a better memory than me, does anybody know that Liverpool, when playing at home, take the other team into consideration when adopting tactics/team selection, or do we just pick our strongest team every week and just go out and let the other team deal with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

He's 19! First ever game and he's thrown in deep end against Chelsea. I recall Gerrard was poor in his first few appearances too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

No Sturridge in the latest training photos, could this be a mind game by Rodgers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I agree with Mark TBH! If this year has shown us nothing else then it's if young players don't play very well early on then they have no chance of ever developing into good players later on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm sure he's well versed in the field of physiotherapy, masters degree in Hamstring injuries and world renowned speaker on recovery times related to injuries.....

Or he could just be voicing his opinion/take on things on a messaging forum....on the internet, who knows :rolleyes:

Honestly, this place is priceless sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I wouldnt like this at all, the man seems to have a "hex" over us

Always gets his team up for our game, remember thinking he seemed to have Rafas number in particular.

I would settle for coming out the poorer of our matches with UTD but finishing above them every year.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    I agree with Mark TBH! If this year has shown us nothing else then it's if young players don't play very well early on then they have no chance of ever developing into good players later on!

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-bad-at-sarcasm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

madalig12 wrote: »
    No Sturridge in the latest training photos, could this be a mind game by Rodgers?

Yeah, he's been airbrushed out.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Mourinho confirms Hazard out for Sunday.

Hazard plays on Sunday so.

• Advertisement

Mourinho confirms Hazard out for Sunday.

Hazard plays on Sunday so.

He's such a clever clogs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If Sturidge isn't fit would like to see aspas at the coat of Lucas who isn't up to and looks very unfit and unless he is played as a defensive midfielder offers us nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

@ dickerty

Sarcasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

SG: MMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHH *PLOP*
    BR: Ahuheuheuheuheuehue

10313658_304206453068552_8240219807087279600_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Will people stop falling for that play a weakened team crap from Jose, Chelsea are still in for the title and will play best players Jose ego will see to that alone

I think Jose knows the title is pretty much gone. It will be better for his ego to play a weaker side instead of going 100% for it and failing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement