Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

madalig12 wrote: »
    No Sturridge in the latest training photos, could this be a mind game by Rodgers?

It could be a case of a tight hamstring . Sturridge could sit out training all week and play on Sunday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

It could be a case of a tight hamstring . Sturridge could sit out training all week and play on Sunday .

What are you, a tight hamstring expert? Show us your degree, or GTFO.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

After Chelsea schooled us at the bridge in December I'd say the lads will be well up for this one.

Doesn't matter which team Mourinho puts out anyway; he could put out the youths; it's still one of his teams and he'll send them out to nick a win.

Which is most definitely going to happen.

Knex. wrote: »

Nope just clinging onto hope that Danny can play on sunday !!!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I am also guilty as charged your honor..

AN APOLOGY TO BRENDAN RODGERS

I would say there are a fair few of us out there that could do their own letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Agueroooo wrote: »

I would say there are a fair few of us out there that could do their own letter.

Nice touch by Mr. Alan/Lloyd. :pac:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

K-9 wrote: »
    Nice touch by Mr. Alan/Lloyd. :pac:

Lloyd did his apology, and then some. Kudos for that.
    Mr Alan has conspicuous by his absence though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Poor Aly Sakho getting an awful time :( No matter how bad he is, though, I'd still have him over Moses any day. Absolutely pathetic season from a lad who's supposed to be showing why he's good enough for a top side. All this season has done is hopefully send him down to a mid table side or a relegation side. He'll probably be happy with that, he'll be the big fish. Despise players with that attitude. He got his chance at a big club compared to 90% of footballers who don't and he was happy to sit on his arse and collect his pay check every week.

Then you see Cissokho who busted his bollox whenever he played and rarely let himself down defensively. And Borini, who was made a laughing stock by a lot of the club's fans last year, was sent on loan to a bottom table side with a probable view of shipping him out this Summer. He also busted his nut and got young player of the year, scored in the League final, scored the winner against Newcastle and Chelsea and helping us with our title challenge. Now he'll probably return in the Summer and be given a chance for us next season.

Moses can fcuk off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Thud

good write up on Henry
    http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-04-24/john-henry-and-the-making-of-a-boston-red-sox-baseball-dynasty

this quote will give hope to all you wasters who want to become billionaires and snag yourself a Linda:
    "It took a while for these talents to blossom, because Henry’s passion shifted to music, girls and mysticism. After stints at four different California colleges studying philosophy and Jungian individuation, he dropped out to play bass in a prog-rock band called Elysian Fields that performed a rock opera about aliens from the constellation Cassiopeia. To support himself, he devised a card-counting system and earned money playing blackjack in Las Vegas. Life was pleasantly aimless."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Dickerty wrote: »

That's a lie.

Please stop lying.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan has more than once claimed he was seriously wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't think anyone should apologize for having doubts about him. Others said it would be three years before he even got near CL qualification...should they apologize as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Watching Chelsea this season, it would be hard not to.

Pulis has done a remarkable job, in fairness to the man. Would not begrudge him manager of the year if he was to get it over Rodgers.

Pulis has done an excellent job for Palace . When they came to Anfield Oct 5th their supporters were a credit to the club , the atmosphere they created was brill . Cheering the LFC ladies parading their trophy like it was their own team. Having great banter with our fans when singing chants , all this and they were bottom of the table ...i found them to be a class act ... a great bunch of lads :)

They so deserve to be mid table safe in fairness after those results they got recently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Stargate wrote: »
    Pulis has done an excellent job for Palace . When they came to Anfield Oct 5th their supporters were a credit to the club , the atmosphere they created was brill . Cheering the LFC ladies parading their trophy like it was their own team. Having great banter with our fans when singing chants , all this and they were bottom of the table ...i found them to be a class act ... a great bunch of lads :)

They so deserve to be mid table safe in fairness after those results they got recently.

They lost two of their best players just before they got promoted so they've done well, and Pulis has shown he is EPL material even if things went pear shaped with him and Stoke towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

What if I told you there's no such thing as a tight hamstring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Paraphrasing here - somewhere along the way Brendan embraced the madness and now shares it with us.
    Defiantly sums up our thread lately and the match threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Thoughts of Sunday.
    tumblr_m2em7xGl9M1qdcu2mo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mr Alan wrote: »
    That's a lie.

Please stop lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don't think anyone should apologize for having doubts about him. Others said it would be three years before he even got near CL qualification...should they apologize as well?
    Not really. When you consider the state of the club when he took over, I think those aims were realistic. The important thing for me was that the club should be going in the right direction.

1st season: Consolidate the squad, secure more points than the previous season.
    2nd season: Make a realistic challenge for CL.
    3rd season: Secure top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I was only joking!

An actual CL contention season like Everton was the expected reasonable target for Rodgers, so we were all wrong really.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm sure he's well versed in the field of physiotherapy, masters degree in Hamstring injuries and world renowned speaker on recovery times related to injuries.....

Or he could just be voicing his opinion/take on things on a messaging forum....on the internet, who knows :rolleyes:

The funny thing is I actually do work as a physio! Only its in a hospital and not for Liverpool F.C. unfortunately!:mad:

Brendan Rodgers June 1st 2012 :
    'Title bid begins today'

sure Brendan sure :o:(:):D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Not sure if Oscar is fit for Sunday but if he is then I hope Lucas nails him for that dirty tackle late in the game at Stamford Bridge.

Actually if I was Lucas I'd text him Sat night and remind him about it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Mr Alan has more than once claimed he was seriously wrong.

Apologies, I must have been out that day. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

taidghbaby wrote: »
    What if I told you there's no such thing as a tight hamstring?

That might be a joke that's completely going over my head but please elaborate! I study / work in a related field and i'm curious to know more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

can see victor back with martinez at the end of the season, he might get him firing again with regular football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Apologies, I must have been out that day. :eek:

It has happened multiple times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Big difference between doubts and some of ****e certain people peddled.

Hot off the press..
    Roy Hodgson:
    Everywhere I've managed, I've left a platform for my successor to build on and this is a great satisfaction for me, even if I don't necessarily get the recognition for it."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/apr/24/roy-hodgson-sexy-football

discuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Paul Konchesky
    Christian Poulson
    Bad results
    Terrible pressers
    Face rub

/discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Big difference between doubts and some of ****e certain people peddled.

Not really, as with any group of people we all had different expectations of what should happen at the club. Some were on the extreme end of that scale, doesn't mean they are any less of a supporter than you or I.

And in reality what's the point trawling up old crap now, everyone wanted the same thing, to get back to where we are now (with the opportunity to go even further).

Let's enjoy where we are, CL qualification (read that again CL qualification...2 years ago we were crying over fact that Mereiles and Torres had CL medals) and a title challenge.

Time for point scoring is long gone.

So, match thread saps and pandas we march on!

3 to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hot off the press..

discuss
    Discuss..Below might help.
    discuss
    dɪˈskʌs/Submit
    verb
    verb: discuss; 3rd person present: discusses; past tense: discussed; past participle: discussed; gerund or present participle: discussing
    talk about (something) with a person or people.
    "I discussed the matter with my wife"
    synonyms: talk over, talk about, talk through, converse about, debate, confer about, put your heads together about, deliberate about, chew over, consider, exchange views on/about, weigh up, consider the pros and cons of, thrash out, argue, dispute; More
    talk or write about (a topic) in detail, taking into account different issues or ideas.
    "in Chapter Six I discuss problems that arise in applying Darwin's ideas"
    synonyms: examine, explore, study, analyse, go into, scrutinize, review; More
    Origin

late Middle English (in the sense ‘dispel, disperse’, also ‘examine by argument’): from Latin discuss- ‘dashed to pieces’, later ‘investigated’, from the verb discutere, from dis- ‘apart’ + quatere ‘shake’.

that was quick :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He said that in May 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Grayditch wrote: »
    Paul Konchesky
    Christian Poulson
    Bad results
    Terrible pressers
    Face rub

/discussion.

Joe Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

If by platform he means burning pile of rubble then fair enough. Or maybe, just maybe that 6 months didn't happen for him either!

I'd rather not roll around in the mental reservoirs of shit, that is thinking about Hodgson and Liverpool. Not now when everything is sunshine and lollipops.

I'll resort to laughing at him when the World Cup rolls around again.

I'd rather not roll around in the mental reservoirs of shit, that is thinking about Hodgson

Im only looking for my next victim...

303486.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Just had a nice bet,
    LFC to beat Chelsea
    Chelsea and Real Madrid to go to the UCL final...

Maybe i shouldn't have done that....:eek::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Mr Alan only happy when LFC are loosing .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

SM01 wrote: »
    That might be a joke that's completely going over my head but please elaborate! I study / work in a related field and i'm curious to know more.

Semantics really to be honest!! Muscles don't do anything of their own volition IMO! Controlled by the nervous system!

That gif :pac:

Quality heff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Seriously, will you lot knock this bull**** on the head. It's getting tiresome at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Emm no I dont think so.

Liked this part:
    We can no longer talk about 4-3-3s and 4-2-3-1s and 4-4-2s and holding midfielders with any authority. Formations are fluid concepts to Brendan Rodgers; creation and invention are everything.

In a season where we have seen Raheem Sterling play at the tip of a diamond, at the side of a diamond, as a forward, as an orthodox winger and as a makeshift right back IN THE SAME BLOODY GAME we have to accept that we can no longer speak of player’s positions in the manner that we once did.

Also, which one of ye smart asses posted this comment? :pac:
    Well, you married a bluenose, so we can see there are blind spots in your selection process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Liked this part:

Also, which one of ye smart asses posted this comment? :pac:

You can almost picture Prime Sap OwaynOTT's avatar beside that comment.

You can almost picture Prime Sap OwaynOTT's avatar beside that comment.

Sap-timus Prime

*Gets coat...

• Advertisement

Sap-timus Prime

*Gets coat...

You're in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement