Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

As a neutral I hope ye's semi-bottle it only to retain your bottle on that last day and suarez gets the medal he deserves. Will he move on though or stick around for champions league next year?

I don't think he'll be a lifer anyway

A lifer? Like Gerrard who came up through the youth system? He's not from Liverpool and has already played in Uruguy & Holland so cant qualify as a lifer.

As to whether he stays or not, I think it'll come down to the attraction of living in a warm, latin-speaking country if the likes of Madrid or Barca are ready to stump up 70m+. I hope he stays and he seems happy, but he is extremely ambitious and may want an even bigger stage for his talents. No point speculating till the summer, we have enough to be getting on with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Suarez's aim at the start of the season was to play in the champions league, Liverpool have that sewn up now so I reckon unless a stupid offer comes in then he will stay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

I keeping going through lots of mini league tables in my head, trying different outcomes in the different games to see what would happen. And while doing this I realised that if we at least get a draw with Chelsea then there's no way we can lose the title before the last day of the season, we'd still be in with a chance on the 11th. Tried to then remember the last time we had a chance if winning the title on the last day, and unfortunately it was '89!

So now I'm hoping it all comes good and we win it before then! :)

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Dickerty wrote: »

Someone reading this thread is definitely writing for the indo!

• Advertisement

Yeh, I thought the same thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If you cross reference it with posters from this thread who regularly post in After Hours you should find the culprit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Actually, the hilarious thing is that this thread is going to be full of the most maudlin sentiment if we do win the thing. Endless long dribbly posts about how we all thought we'd be cold in the ground before Liverpool would win the title. 'I was a kid when Liverpool last won the league and I barely remember it...' blah, blah, ****ing blah. Can't wait to read each one...twice!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Gbear wrote: »
    I was waayyyy ahead of the curve on the reverse voodoo!:P

Yer all just a shower of Father Jessups.

Mrs. Doyle: would you like a cup of tea?
    Father Jessup: No, We want to die of thirst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Dont know if this has been posted. Pep saying nice things about us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Anyone read the "Where will Man Utd finish this season" thread, from September last year.

Some very interesting posts . Many had us barely making top 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Anyone read the "Where will Man Utd finish this season" thread, from September last year.

Yeah no way Liverpool would be ahead of Spurs and Everton nevermind anyone else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

5th was my prediction. I thought we could overhaul 2 of the 6 teams ahead of us last year but not 3. And I didn't think that was being conservative. I honestly thought City, Chelsea and Arsenal would be out of reach and United would be a mystery bag but still ahead of us.

Now it looks like 1st or 2nd is very likely and I still don't believe it. Walking into work today I was thinking about next season. Whether we win the league or not it's going to be incredible hearing the CL music at Anfield again. Hope we get a massive team in our group early on at home. Great fun.

As for the league, Sunday will tell all. I'm worried some people are counting chickens a bit early but that's the pessimist in me that thought 5th was optimistic. People say we deserve it but I disagree that you can say that right now. If we throw it away we won't deserve it. It's been in our hands for weeks now and we've kept going again and again. If we go again and again and again, just 3 more times, there's no doubt we deserve it.

I'll be in the same bar on Sunday in my same seat (on the very edge). We go again.

Yeah no way Liverpool would be ahead of Spurs and Everton nevermind anyone else!

Ire ally hope we finish the job out now.

There are far too many here just waiting with the mouse hovering over the submit reply button for,my liking.

This place will go into complete meltdown if we were to bottle it.

Ire ally hope we finish the job out now.

There are far too many here just waiting with the mouse hovering over the submit reply button for,my liking.

This place will go into complete meltdown if we were to bottle it.

I have said it before but it will go like that as soon as we lose a game. You can see a bit of overflow when we go a goal behind and few of them jump the gun, only to be back in their box by the final whistle. When we lose nothing will hold them back even the 'reformed' ones who have learned from their mistakes will be out.

But it means we are doing something right.

8-10 wrote: »
    5th was my prediction.

Same here, thought we'd be in a fight with for 5th, depending on whether Spurs would make the jump over Arsenal, which would have seen us in 6th. Thought Everton would drop back a little after Moyes leaving.

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Actually, the hilarious thing is that this thread is going to be full of the most maudlin sentiment if we do win the thing. Endless long dribbly posts about how we all thought we'd be cold in the ground before Liverpool would win the title. 'I was a kid when Liverpool last won the league and I barely remember it...' blah, blah, ****ing blah. Can't wait to read each one...twice!! :)

Yeah a whole lot of what do we do now? We waited so long for the league that it became the whole of following Liverpool.

article-2608615-1D1469CA00000578-911_634x331.jpg

Next season, we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

OwaynOTT wrote: »

What is Gerrards hand doing:pac:

Connavar wrote: »
    What is Gerrards hand doing:pac:

Isn't it obvious?

In the highly unlikely event of us winning the League.

With Man United's empire collapsing,What dream do we chase then??

All in one season.

• Advertisement

All in one season.
    A double or treble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

All in one season.

I'm a greedy bastard, so I want more trophies.

If we win, I'll celebrate it in some delirious ecstatic matter, and enjoy it to the full. But come next August, that dream will very much be back again and I hope the team chase it with as much fervor as they are doing this season.

Barcelona's every trophy in a season is the next logical step.

Or Arsenals most days spent on top of the league trophy.

Isn't it obvious?
    I don't know, maybe he is using it for a metaphor of how we have to grab the title by the nuts

All in one season.

Charity Shield, that's the big one just ask Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Turtyturd wrote: »

Or Arsenals most days spent on top of the league trophy.

Which will be presented to Yaya Sanogo in the Citywest hotel at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

United mates: Yous have it wrapped up.
    Chelsea mates: We'll have the CL, yous have it wrapped up
    Arsenal mates: We're grand with the F.A cup, yous have it wrapped up
    Me: I dunno, there are still at least 3 dog rough fixtures, and Jaysus even Newcastle could throw a spanner in the works.
    Everyone again: Yous have it wrapped up.
    Me again: It's not wrapped up.

And if/when we don't get it...

Everyone: AHAHAHAHAHAH YOU DIDN'T GET IT.

unimpressed.jpg?w=290&h=290&crop=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The way I feel about our title bid is like if you're in a nightclub and get chatting to a really nice girl and you're getting on great. If you got the shift sure that's great but if not at least you were in her company and all your mates saw you talking to her.

AH **** THAT GET THE SHIFT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

skywalker wrote: »
    Dont know if this has been posted. Pep saying nice things about us.

Pep "everyting is awesome"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah a whole lot of what do we do now? We waited so long for the league that it became the whole of following Liverpool.

Meh, not for me. 2005 bought me endless levels of patience with Rafa. If we do close this out down the stretch I'll be satisfied for a long time and - barring threat of relegation or a complete absence of CL qualification or Cup challenges like last season - there'll be little in the way of pressure from me. My posting on here circa 2007 - 2010 attests to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

The buzz on this thread is infectious. I'm spending more time on it than on the City one. Maybe I should just defect :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Augmerson wrote: »
    The way I feel about our title bid is like if you're in a nightclub and get chatting to a really nice girl and you're getting on great. If you got the shift sure that's great but if not at least you were in her company and all your mates saw you talking to her.

AH **** THAT GET THE SHIFT.

Not quite right, at the moment we're shifting the face off her.
    We're 3 more shifts away from going home with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All in one season.

The dream will be over next season isn't everyone telling us that because we finished 7th and had no european football is the only reason we are in with a chance of winning the league.

Well utd will walk away with the league next season after pumping £300m on new players after finishing 7th and having no european football next season.

So we all now know all you have to do to win the league is finish 7th every second year and don't play in europe.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Grayditch wrote: »
    United mates: Yous have it wrapped up.
    Chelsea mates: We'll have the CL, yous have it wrapped up
    Arsenal mates: We're grand with the F.A cup, yous have it wrapped up
    Me: I dunno, there are still at least 3 dog rough fixtures, and Jaysus even Newcastle could throw a spanner in the works.
    Everyone again: Yous have it wrapped up.
    Me again: It's not wrapped up.

And if/when we don't get it...

Everyone: AHAHAHAHAHAH YOU DIDN'T GET IT.

Don't mind em....u27312502.jpg...every single one of them:pac:

Augmerson wrote: »

Ha!

turns-homophobic-seal-gay_fb_256709.jpg

• Advertisement

The buzz on this thread is infectious. I'm spending more time on it than on the City one. Maybe I should just defect :pac:

I'd say we're only behind YLYL in terms of the most consistently entertaining thread on boards :D

Be warned though, if you join you'll be ****ting in old people's porridge and kicking babies off swings in no time. No time at all.

Don't do it....it might be a bit of fun but it's not worth all the negative characteristics you have to take on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

*twitch twitch*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

It is actually a very funny thread. I'm going to stick with City though and hope we can pull off another miracle this year.

It is actually a very funny thread. I'm going to stick with City though and hope we can pull off another miracle this year.

Years of underachieving induced insanity tends to do wonders for the humour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

It is actually a very funny thread. I'm going to stick with City though and hope we can pull off another miracle this next year.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Is it Sunday yet?!?!!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I was just asked where I will be watching the match on Sunday?

I spontaneously said 'behind the couch'

weird thing is I dont think I was messing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I was just asked where I will be watching the match on Sunday?

I spontaneously said 'behind the couch'

weird thing is I dont think I was messing :o

When Mrs Devilman asked that I said..from the match thread !

Her reply -yer a bunch of saps

When Mrs Devilman asked that I said..from the match thread !

Her reply -yer a bunch of saps

She knows us well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

From a Danish newspaper:

5Py6WC.jpg

Translation:
    Have you seen this man?
    Interpol are searching for this 51-year old man, believed to be a Portugeese national. He is suspected of destroying a football match in Madrid on Tuesday night.
    People are advised not to approach the man, as he can become very angry.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I knew it, he's a mole into to discover our tactics.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    I knew it, he's a mole into to discover our tactics.

Tactics? Anyone who can make sense out of this thread deserves whatever prize they can get :pac:

Exhibit A, your honour.

nuR4V.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Crowd will push the lads on Sunday.

Rodgers will have them ready.

No worries here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Dickerty wrote: »

It is true though ! I have 3 superstitions now . I need to wear this seasons home jersey my long sleeve one . I don't post in a match until the game has kicked off and I don't wear a Liverpool jersey the day before a game .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement