Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Brilliant quote from Rodgers reminding everyone that Chelsea have lost 5 away from home while at the same time making it sound like he was just showing them respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Two nice remarks there from Rodgers. If anyone is playing the mind games it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Johnsons display against Norwich was shocking.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Ohh Yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

You could have picked an away fan out of the stands and they would have done better then him .

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

djPSB wrote: »
    I think Flanagan will be our Phil Neville over the next decade.

Good cover for both full back positions but more than capable when called upon for first team action.

*Steve Nicol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

You could have picked an away fan out of the stands and they would have done better then him .

Been like that more often than not this season.

He seemed to play ok when he came back from injury and when he goes forward he usually gets a decent ball in and supports play but at Norwich he was a headless chicken, I wonder what his pass completion stats were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

"We won't underestimate Chelsea. They will look to rectify the five games they have lost away from home '' - What a top, top manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Presser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mascherano's agent saying he wants a return to the premier league.
    I'd have him for the Champions League next season, I'd say he is dying to play in midfield again too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

tibor wrote: »
    Another good read here on Rodger's background and his days in schoolboy football in the North.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/brendan-rodgers-ballymena-1428866-Apr2014/

Recommended reading for anyone interested in Rodgers' background. thanks for posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

rob316 wrote: »
    Mascherano's agent saying he wants a return to the premier league.
    I'd have him for the Champions League next season, I'd say he is dying to play in midfield again too.

Would definately be a re-igniting of the love-affair, and just the sort of bite we could to with to protect our defence. Would be on serious money though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Text on BBC page:

"Chelsea to park the bus but Suarez to nick the keys and release the handbrake. Win for Liverpool!"
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

http://davewill.bigcartel.com/

This lad made postcard's for all our games this season. You can buy them seperate or altogether. Would be a nice bit of memorabilia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

You're doing shocking displays a disservice by comparing them to Johnsons "performance" last Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

hefferboi wrote: »

This lad made postcard's for all our games this season. You can buy them seperate or altogether. Would be a nice bit of memorabilia.

Fucking Victor Moses is on one. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Knex. wrote: »
    Fucking Victor Moses is on one. :pac:

I'm surprised he managed to fit his head in one.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What I was trying to say was, that if we actually do win it might completely change me as a supporter. The fear was, after waiting so long it nearly became the entirety of my Liverpool relationship and if we did win I might be left with a feeling of emptiness. We would have won all the trophies that can be won - apart form the Charity Shield - and what's left. A bit like Alexander win he conquered the known world - what know like?
    But then I thought about it and ya know what if we did win, another few league titles wouldn't go amiss - the whole we go again (no shoe-gazing) - and if we never win again at least we will always have Pandas.

We've won the charity shield in recent years. I think we won it in 06 after the FA Cup win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Thud

Another good read here on Rodger's background and his days in schoolboy football in the North.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/brendan-rodgers-ballymena-1428866-Apr2014/

"and while a competent hurler, there was only ever going to be one sport for Rodgers"
    The Rodgers as a hurling Analyst on Sky??
    revolutionises hurling formations with 5 up front, 5 at the back and a diamond in midfield
    Mowgli = Sterling? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hey lads, long time lurker of this thread here but I finally got access for the biggest two weeks in our history in many a decade. The excitement has reached fever pitch and we are just three games away from glory, I was only 12 when we last won the league so winning it this year means an end to 24 years of pain and disappointment for me, which was all of my teen and adult years thus far. All my mates are ManU fans so I've really suffered this last 24 years watching them bag title after title. It's been too long a wait and I desperately want it to end.

Anyway I was just thinking about the upcoming g transfer window and strengthening for the CL and it got me thinking if there are any ex-Liverpool players from our 2005 CL success who I would like to see become a target this summer. And then I watched the Real Madrid v Munich game and saw the performance that Xabi Alonso put in, he covered every blade of grass and snuffed out countless Munich attacks in the box. His ability to pin point a long ball to a players feet out of defence is sublime. I never wanted to see him leave in the first place and I'd have him back in a heartbeat. I know he is 32 and everything but he brings a wealth of CL experience and if Madrid decide his time is up then I'd love to see us get two or three fine seasons out of him. He also gave our title bid a big thumbs up yesterday and said he always looks out for Liverpool. He's a top lad our Xabi and a true Red http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/04/24/former-red-xabi-alonso-excited-about-liverpools-thrilling-title/

Anyone else ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

hefferboi wrote: »

Some of them are top drawer!!

Week_12.jpg

Week_16.jpg

Week_23.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Hey lads, long time lurker of this thread here but I finally got access for the biggest two weeks in our history in many a decade.

Anyway was just thinking about the upcoming g transfer window and strengthening for the CL and it got me thinking if there are any ex-Liverpool players from our 2005 CL success who I would like to see become a target this summer. And then I watched the Real Madrid v Munich game and saw the performance that Xabier Alonso put in, he covered every blade of grass and snuffed out countless Munich attacks in the box. His ability to pin point a long ball to a players feet out of defence is sublime. I never wanted to see him leave in the first place and I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Anyone else ?

Welcome to the mad - panda house

And transfer targets for next year? no no we don't think that far ahead any more...

:D

Week_16.jpg

Ah, I see he went for the PC version here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Hey lads, long time lurker of this thread here but I finally got access for the biggest two weeks in our history in many a decade.

Snap.

I was 16 when we won our last title.

I've been confident for the last 5 or 6 games. I'm confident for Sunday too.
    The nerves will have to hit at some stage but either way, what a season it has been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »
    We've won the charity shield in recent years. I think we won it in 06 after the FA Cup win.

I must have meant the Fifa Wolrd Club thing a mig gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

3 of the top 4 thanked posts from the past day are in this thread.

well done.

retalivity wrote: »

well done.

We regularly have a good few posts in the three pages on the home page, tbh.

Probably due to the lower standard of posters this year to be fair.....

Probably due to the lower standard of posters this year to be fair.....

And we were gifted thanks in the Liverpool - United match threads, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

well done.

Which ones are they.

The 'blow it up' one I am guessing is one.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Which ones are they.

The 'blow it up' one I am guessing is one.

Yup, the pic of Rodgers & stevie at training, and Slickric's 'I don't care....'

http://www.boards.ie/#tabs-thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

well done.
    Liverpool fans patting themselfs on the back, get outta here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Those posts were from yesterday. Always with the past glories.

astonaidan wrote: »

I'm gas.

I am a fan of the whole anti-thanks thing that just popped up out of nowhere myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

astonaidan wrote: »

WeGoAgain.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

#dream?Icantsleep
    #wegoagainbehindthecouch
    #imnotlistening

DZgjFAB.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

That's brilliant Grayditch!

• Advertisement

Spelled eh.. imbeciles wrong on purpose of course...

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Grayditch wrote: »

I like it better..puts some tone into skelators speech. :pac:

Don't care. 10 out of 10. Would read again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

DZgjFAB.png

We should just lock the thread now. No one can ever top this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Gbear wrote: »
    I **** a brick every time he goes into a tackle like that.

He's a red waiting to happen imo.

I'm the same I enjoy that blood and guts stuff as much as the next man but he is only getting leeway because of his youth and the fact this he is a local lad having a breakout season, so refs are maybe loath to **** on his dreams. Can't see them being as lenient on him next season when he is a year older and blooded first teamer .

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

First time poster long time lurker! Just bringing topic back to last week there's a fantastic video on the YouTube Liverpool players listing out the 96 people from Hillsborough and Gerrard calls out his cousin really moving video. Don't know how to link it in! Worth a watch.

Where was all this backslapping a few days ago when hangballouie produced the greatest post on boards not posted by Grayditch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I'm the same I enjoy that blood and guts stuff as much as the next man but he is only getting leeway because of his youth and the fact this he is a local lad having a breakout season, so refs are maybe loath to **** on his dreams. Can't see them being as lenient on him next season when he is a year older and blooded first teamer .

I've spent long enough lurking, time to post!

I don't think he's getting leeway at all, the vast majority of his tackles are good ones, what makes it stand out is because you don't see those type of tackles any more.
    I'd bet the likes of Gerrard has a word in his ear before some games to tell him to get stuck in early and show them who's boss, much the same way he tackled when he broke into the first team.
    I'd have no problem starting him at LB next season as first choice, RB however we do need to get someone in!

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Where was all this backslapping a few days ago when hangballouie produced the greatest post on boards not posted by Grayditch?

You mean that wasn't just on Twitter? Link, please!

Edit: Found them all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement