Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yes that's why so many still booking.

Im guessing the majority are flying into Birmingham on the red-eye Sunday, and back out Monday evening?

Does the bus do the return on Monday.

I don't mind paying the extra flying into John Lennon, but the Birmingham route sounds like the craic at a fraction of the cost.

Lets us know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Im guessing the majority are flying into Birmingham on the red-eye Sunday, and back out Monday evening?

Does the bus do the return on Monday.

I don't mind paying the extra flying into John Lennon, but the Birmingham route sounds like the craic at a fraction of the cost.

Lets us know.

At the moment the bus is only doing the journey to Liverpool as lads are getting back different ways, days and times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Superbus wrote: »

Ah the internet

304541.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Superbus wrote: »

fap-now-power.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

More insight on Rodgers.

Snoop Dogg caught me out, didn't expect that, thought he was more of a Keane fan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

murpho999 wrote: »
    More insight on Rodgers.

Snoop Dogg caught me out, didn't expect that, thought he was more of a Keane fan!
    Brendan loves a bit of gin & juice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

U21's got Utd in the play-offs.

Friday May 2nd @19:45 at Anfield.

Leeds or Sheffield ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

In Birmingham the night before and toying going up for the game

Due in for a small op the day after so would have to get the late flight home from somewhere.

People think it will be worth it for the atmosphere before? Any chance they will cordon off near the ground for ticket holders only?? (as per Croker) In the name of safety?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I dreamt about IT last night.

My dreams a usually reserved for Salvidor Dali-esque landscapes that resemble the .gif of the reindeer that robo-santa lands on.

But last night I dreamt I was standing in the tunnel on Anfield, the Brendan Rodgers song echoed around the stadium and Stevie walked past carrying the PL trophy. He had a look of contentment on his face

Woke up with dry tears on my face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

My dreams a usually reserved for Salvidor Dali-esque landscapes that resemble the .gift of the reindeer that robo-santa lands on.

But last night I dreamt I was standing in the tunnel on Anfield, the Brendan Rodgers song echoed around the stadium and Stevie walked past carrying the PL trophy. He had a look of contentment on his face

He had obviously just stolen it off Yaya. Bloody scousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The last few weeks:

Sunday - drinking fast pints such are the nerves. Game over and another step closer to destiny. Few cushty pints to savour the moment. Home in time for MOTD2

Monday - Large coffee to start the day. Trawl the internet for as many articles as possible. Watch MOTD2 again at some stage. Joyous

Tuesday - Slowly but surely there is a nagging question in the back of your head and thoughts of next weekend set the heart racing. Last weekend is slipping from your consciousness

Wed - Scouting job as you watch either Utd falter and hope Chelsea advance. "coz if they make the semi-finals our league match will be sandwiched between the 2 legs and they will obviously be tired & field a second team (Scout report successful)

Thur - Ring a random mate. How are you? What do ya think now? The nerves are setting in. Will he go with the attacking diamond or with Allen? It's ours to lose. Where we going watching it?

Fri - Watch press conference and take solace in the fact that everyone is smiling at training and in great form. Hopes are high and it is inevitable we will get it done

Sat - absolutely bricking it. Keep an eye on all other matches as you are up to your tits in fantasy football. Pray whoever the opposition are playing slip up. Big time. Out for the evening, nothing else is spoken of but tomorrow

Sunday - Game face on. Nothing else matters. The missus knows the week revolves around the LFC kick-off. No weddings, communions, family fun days. No nothing. Pumped and ready to let rip!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ughhh its only Saturday, I've never wished my life away so much as I have done in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Ughhh its only Saturday, I've never wished my life away so much as I have done in the last few weeks.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

This thread has ruined me. Could not stop laughing at this

Women are the pandas of the Scottish referendum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

retalivity wrote: »
    This thread has ruined me. Could not stop laughing at this

Women are the pandas of the Scottish referendum

But what freaks me out, is that you visit the Guardian site. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

8 days between Chelsea and Palace.

8 feckin days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

2 own goals from Everton. Selfishly I want them to be riled up against City, but this won't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Coleman with a beauty there. A little sad to see Everton lose pace again now on their Top 4 bid. Had a post about it before, but would have really liked them to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Clyne would be a very good RB for us to sign.Not always 1st choice at Southampton so could get him cheap enough.
    He was superb against us at Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Who needs Jay Rodriquez, we've got your back 4"

Southampton fans are a bit of craic, anyway.

Grayditch wrote: »
    "Who needs Jay Rodriquez, we've got your back 4"

Southampton fans are a bit of craic, anyway.

That's genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

My dreams a usually reserved for Salvidor Dali-esque landscapes that resemble the .gif of the reindeer that robo-santa lands on.

I thought this dream was going to be about a career change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I thought this dream was going to be about a career change.

If I dreamt about a job in IT it would start with me sitting at a desk and end up something like the movie "The Lawnmower Man"

Everton have had two harsh calls against them now.

Not sure, think it was a poor "fall" if he was smarter hed have got the pen

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

naughtb4 wrote: »
    In Birmingham the night before and toying going up for the game

Due in for a small op the day after so would have to get the late flight home from somewhere.

People think it will be worth it for the atmosphere before? Any chance they will cordon off near the ground for ticket holders only?? (as per Croker) In the name of safety?

Obviously I can't say for sure, but I think there is no chance that an area outside the stadium gets cordoned off for ticket holders only. There are loads of pubs just outside the ground so they wouldn't be too pleased with that anyhow.

Not sure, think it was a poor "fall" if he was smarter hed have got the pen

Perhaps, but for me its a stonewaller. Defender deserves to be punished when they dive in like that and don't get the ball. Definite contact, too.

5starpool wrote: »
    Obviously I can't say for sure, but I think there is no chance that an area outside the stadium gets cordoned off for ticket holders only. There are loads of pubs just outside the ground so they wouldn't be too pleased with that anyhow.

That is a good point with the pubs actually.

Can only imagine the number of people there!!

Had tickets to the match and all put some **** reneged on the promise once the league title came a-calling (hard to blame him tbh)

That is a good point with the pubs actually.

Can only imagine the number of people there!!

Had tickets to the match and all put some **** reneged on the promise once the league title came a-calling (hard to blame him tbh)

That wasn't very nice of him.

• Advertisement

Fully agree. Gotta keep to your word, really.

I know, didn't know him was just an online thing

Got a refund on the flights so could have been worse. Agree it was a sap thing to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I hope we lose our next two now and the Newcastle game turns out to be an irrelevant damp squib. That'll learn that guy. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I know, didn't know him was just an online thing

Got a refund on the flights so could have been worse. Agree it was a sap thing to do

A true sap would never do such a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

It feels so weird to be still involved at this time of year. A lot of teams thinking of next season, rebuilding and the world cup and we are all like 'woah'

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Do you know that inbuilt negative defence system all Liverpool supporters have?

you know the one that is there to protect us from disappointment that has evolved over the years, and one piece of human evolution I am surprised Darwin missed out on.

Well lets just say mine is on full tilt today.

I dont know why. I dont know how but today I don't have much belief and I am (for some strange reason) preparing myself to see either John Terry in the blue of Chelsea, or Vincent Kompany in the sky blue of City lifting the Cup on the final day.

I wont be distraught if my fears come through, as I have said before that this season is, and has been, an absolute joyful success.

but I just thought I would let you guys know (and probably just to exhaust some anxed) how I feel today.

yours thankfully

Adrian Mole age:13 3/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Could have done with Everton getting a result there. I think we have to assume that City will win their 4 games so we really need a win tomorrow.

All this talk of last day title celebrations has me worried that people are getting ahead of themselves. 1 defeat and our title hopes are blown out of the water.

Tomorrow is going to be another long day.

Crap I was hoping Everton would win so their match against Man City would mean more. It's looking like Arsenal can have the fourth Champoins League spot wrapped up pretty soon now that Everton have lost, again.

Do you know that inbuilt negative defence system all Liverpool supporters have?

you know the one that is there to protect us from disappointment that has evolved over the years, and one piece of human evolution I am surprised Darwin missed out on.

Well lets just say mine is on full tilt today.

I dont know why. I dont know how but today I don't have much belief and I am (for some strange reason) preparing myself to see either John Terry in the blue of Chelsea, or Vincent Kompany in the sky blue of City lifting the Cup on the final day.

I wont be distraught if my fears come through, as I have said before that this season is, and has been, an absolute joyful success.

but I just thought I would let you guys know (and probably just to exhaust some anxed) how I feel today.

yours thankfully

Adrian Mole age:13 3/4

I'm sure all those who have referred to us as the most insufferable fans in football wouldn't at all take the opportunity to point, laugh and revel in our disappointment if we didn't win. No sirreee, that could never happen with those fans of unimpeachable dignity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Crap I was hoping Everton would win so their match against Man City would mean more. It's looking like Arsenal can have the fourth Champoins League spot wrapped up pretty soon now that Everton have lost, again.

It will still mean a lot to Everton . It's their last home game of the season so they will want to win it . Plus I don't buy into any the non sense that a manger doesn't want to win all 38 games .

Benimar wrote: »

All this talk of last day title celebrations has me worried that people are getting ahead of themselves. 1 defeat and our title hopes are blown out of the water.

Tomorrow is going to be another long day.

Couldn't agree more, it's premature. Was just looking at Chelsea's run in and after us they've got Norwich and Cardiff. They might only have an outside chance of snatching the title and they need City to slip up. However Jose will be thinking a win against Liverpool is a must and then take 6 points off Norwich and Cardiff and hope for the best. Mourinho knows that if he can beat us then we are going to be going into the Palace game as a bag of nerves. This game on Sunday is one last throw of the dice to swing the title away, if we can get through it without losing then I'll be happy. If we can win it I'll be overjoyed but for now I'm thinking a draw is the absolute minimum requirement from Sunday.

So going by the current narrative, Everton missing out on the Champions League guarantees them the title next season,yes?

So going by the current narrative, Everton missing out on the Champions League guarantees them the title next season,yes?

If United don't win it, it'll be a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

We can lend them our open top bus.
    Knex. wrote: »
    If United don't win it, it'll be a joke.

We can leave the bus at Old Trafford after the victory lap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

We can lend them our open top bus.

We can leave the bus at Old Trafford after the victory lap.

That post needed a big smiley at the end of it :P it make me really lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Nice few signatures on it too

@themichaelowen

After reading your tweets I've decided to auction this #JFT96 shirt on ebay with the proceeds going to @HFSG_Official

BmJ3zGECAAMkKY1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Stargate wrote: »
    Nice few signatures on it too

@themichaelowen

After reading your tweets I've decided to auction this #JFT96 shirt on ebay with the proceeds going to @HFSG_Official

BmJ3zGECAAMkKY1.jpg

Fair play to him. Hope he raises a shed load.

I was disgusted at the treatment he received at the game on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sign em up:)

Cracking goal, probably just shades rooneys one.

Incredible goal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement