Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Fair play to him. Hope he raises a shed load.

I was disgusted at the treatment he received at the game on Monday.

Think the Boo's he received was just a bit of light hearted slagging imo, I think he's old enough to take it on the chin. Wouldn't say it bothered him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Should have never let him go.

ahem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The boos turned into cheers and when he came close a few times he was applauded, I think it was all good. Definitely time to let that go, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm sure all those who have referred to us as the most insufferable fans in football wouldn't at all take the opportunity to point, laugh and revel in our disappointment if we didn't win. No sirreee, that could never happen with those fans of unimpeachable dignity.

Now before I say anything, this isn't a dig I'm just curious as I am not a fan of Liverpool.

I see a lot of posts about winning the league will be sweeter knowing it will shut other fans up, or if you win it won't matter about the comments re: midweek football/a weak league. Likewise if you don't win it "other fans will love it/rub it in".

What is it about being a Liverpool fan that makes you more sensitive to comments about your impending success, and proving people wrong is important?

Bear in mind I'm a Chelsea fan who only started watching football in 1998. Once again, not having a dig, I'm just very interested in the phenomenon of social comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think every team thinks to about their owns team/fans

The fact we have waited so long, for such a successful club historically, amplifies this feeling amongst Liverpool fans. Alot of people on here would have faced alot of gloating from United fans especially over the last 20 years.

i presume in 93 United fans would have been the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Now before I say anything, this isn't a dig I'm just curious as I am not a fan of Liverpool.

I see a lot of posts about winning the league will be sweeter knowing it will shut other fans up, or if you win it won't matter about the comments re: midweek football/a weak league. Likewise if you don't win it "other fans will love it/rub it in".

What is it about being a Liverpool fan that makes you more sensitive to comments about your impending success, and proving people wrong is important?

Bear in mind I'm a Chelsea fan who only started watching football in 1998. Once again, not having a dig, I'm just very interested in the phenomenon of social comparison.
    I think you may be on the wrong forum;)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Should have never let him go.

ahem

That'll cost us the league, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Talk about saps look at King Sap on Henry St

304593.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Sign him up !

Get a boards.ie LFC thread discount !

304593.jpg

Oh my God. Fk sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I beat he has tickets for the Chelsea game in his back pocket too :pac:

Of course they are as fake as his t-shirts:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

10 Men Stoke, pushed Spurs hard.

Not only do they have enough chances to get a Draw, but plenty to actually Win it.

They're getting Undone by Glory Hunting. Instead of Passing to someone Open, most elect to just Shoot and hope for the best.

They also had a Pen, turned down.

I feel bad for Fulham fans who thought they had 3 points in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

304593.jpg

I was wondering why The Turdster wasn't posting much today...

304593.jpg

Really hoping that is one of the lads from the United thread doing it to take the piss out of us.

Yano, there's probably people out there with tattoos saying Premier League Champions 13/14 already.

Some people are nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I was wondering why The Turdster wasn't posting much today...

Talk about trying to cash a quick buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

304593.jpg

Yeah, full kit wanker.

Yeah, full kit wanker.

Hadn't even spotted that :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm not at all sensitive about it. What I am sensitive about though is the hypocrisy of others who say that Liverpool fans gloat and are insufferable but never comment about any of their own fellow fans doing what they are giving out to Liverpool fans for. It is just hypocrisy.

For reference, it also annoys me when Liverpool fans go into other threads to post OTT gloating comments, and I've made these comments in the past. All football fan groups are largely the same, yet the fact that there are more Utd/Liverpool fans on this forum in particular, and Ireland in general than those of other teams, means that there will be by definition more annoying twats.

• Advertisement

Ryan Giggs wants to play offensive football, apparently. Not sure it gets much more offensive than having to sit and watch a David Moyes team for 90 minutes.

Be interesting to see what happens with them in the summer, and the likes of Everton, Arsenal and Spurs. Even if we do go on to win the leauge, no guarantee of Top 4 again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Vicxas wrote: »
    Talk about trying to cash a quick buck.

I admire his entrepreneurial skills.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

304593.jpg

the manneiquin in the middle looks like a headless Conor McGregor.

Knex. wrote: »
    Ryan Giggs wants to play offensive football, apparently. Not sure it gets much more offensive than having to sit and watch a David Moyes team for 90 minutes.

Not gonna lie, that stings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Anyone watching the Utd game hear liverpool chants around the 42/43 min mark? The crowd then started booing which leads me to believe it was a pool chant but it wouldn't make any sense

Maybe I'm going crazy but sure I heard something that sounds like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Fair play to him. Hope he raises a shed load.

I was disgusted at the treatment he received at the game on Monday.

He is a neville.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

304593.jpg

Is that the new Warrior kit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

x43r0 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Utd game hear liverpool chants around the 42/43 min mark? The crowd then started booing which leads me to believe it was a pool chant but it wouldn't make any sense

Maybe I'm going crazy but sure I heard something that sounds like it

You heard right. My mate is over at it. Norwich fans chanting Liverpool, singing ynwa and "we're gonna win the league"!!! Superb stuff!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Knex. wrote: »

Be interesting to see what happens with them in the summer, and the likes of Everton, Arsenal and Spurs. Even if we do go on to win the leauge, no guarantee of Top 4 again next year.

Hopefully United will do well in their remaining games this season and make the mistake of making Giggs the permanent manager. He could make Phil Neville his assistant too

Snodgrass as a squad player, anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ah come off it. Liverpool will be a champions league team next year. The bar raises, even for squad players. Snodgrass is nowhere near being a squad member for a champions league team.

• Advertisement

He's a battler. I like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I don't know if this is old news, but there's pictures circulating of Suarez giving Skrtel a slap in training.

ush wrote: »
    I don't know if this is old news, but there's pictures circulating of Suarez giving Skrtel a slap in training.

Skrtel probably asked him to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Hopefully United will do well in their remaining games this season and make the mistake of making Giggs the permanent manager. He could make Gary Neville his assistant too

Yep. I'm worried now cos this could really kickstart their season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Skrtel probably asked him to.
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/472563/PICTURES-Liverpool-s-Suarez-SLAPS-Skrtel-in-training-ground-bust-up-before-Chelsea-clash

Skrtel was messing in a football tennis match and Suarez did not like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

He just can't hack losing, our Luis....

Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Handbags lol ,All fired up , hope they tear into Chelsea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love it they have a passion and hunger to win even in a game football tennis thats what I want from players going into the last three games of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Luis Suarez complaining about using the hand,

Genius :D

Top level trolling from Jamie Rednapp saying Giggs looks every inch a United manager between the press conference yesterday through to todays match and that if he keeps this up, United fans will be clamouring for him to be made manager.

/tips hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Apparently Shay Given was a better player that Steven Gerrard
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90108623&postcount=7641

amiable wrote: »
    Apparently Shay Given was a better player that Steven Gerrard
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90108623&postcount=7641

Not even in goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Grayditch wrote: »

Not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Any word on Sturridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Will we all be happy with a draw tomorrow? I'm concerned that Mourinho will set up to frustrate us and nick a breakaway goal. Would we all take a draw now or not???

I'm not advocating we play for a draw, I think that would be a disaster but would it be such a bad result??

Ben

gafferino wrote: »
    Any word on Sturridge?

I've seven: Sound bloke, dodgy dance. Boy can play.

Think its a wait and see thing, but nothing really positive in terms of him playing, that I've seen.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Suarez playing the wrong chords there. Might not even be him singing.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Rumours of a street party, fireworks and even a 10 piece marching band outside the Chelsea team Hotel tonight.

Galatasary style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

BenThere wrote: »
    Will we all be happy with a draw tomorrow? I'm concerned that Mourinho will set up to frustrate us and nick a breakaway goal. Would we all take a draw now or not???

I'm not advocating we play for a draw, I think that would be a disaster but would it be such a bad result??

Ben

Does'nt matter what team they put out tomorrow, we all know they'll park the bus it's the Mourinho way, we must play all out for the win, that's the way we've done it all season and it's payed off so far.

As for a draw, if it were to go that way it would'nt be the end of the world, chelsea need us to drop further points even after tomorrow to have a chance, a draw means it potentially could go down to GD with city but i think they'll drop points before the season end as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement