Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

agh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

6 mins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I lied. I'm back watching it. 6 minutes injury time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah well, can Villa or West Ham be arsed to do us a favour both being safe now?

Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Really need to beat palace on Monday, would not out it beyond city to implode in the last two games

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

****e. Everton played well in general, Howard questionable for the first two goals, otherwise they were pretty up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fair play to City, really.

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

And that, my friends, is why Everton are forever destined to remain the inferior club on Merseyside. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

fuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Oh well, thats that :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Really didnt see the urgency from everton at all to be honest but having said that if you told me everton would score 2 today i would have been certain city would have dropped points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The good news is that Hull will now play in the Europa League qualifiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

City can still screw it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Horrible insight to what it's like being an Everton fan there . Jaysus. :eek::pac:
    Everton players playing it around at the back in injury time says it all.

We just have to win our two remaining games and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

ah well, its been some season to be fair, its not over just yet...but it feels like it right now I must admit.....
    lets just win Monday and keep the pressure going....
    YNWA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Any defense with Alcaraz in it is gonna ship goals , brutal defender .

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

GET THEM FŰCKING CHINS UP!!

This season has been beyond any of our wildest dreams and we have lots to be positive about.

next season WE GO AGAIN !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wish City were still playing someone decent after that, but that was the only chance.

Also we'd need to beat Palace, and now with heads down, that's gonna be even harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Jayus lads I was in the match thread talking about the game and ye were all here talking about the game! I didn't get the memo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Not over yet, but that was very deflating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Proud of Everton. Considering the Implications of the Game, they could have Rolled Over for City, but they didn't

They may not have Won it, but they gave it a good Go. Respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Everton showed no urgency in the 6 minutes.

What would you expect from a club whose greatest achievement was avoiding relegation when Wimbledon threw that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Agueroooo wrote: »
    GET THEM FŰCKING CHINS UP!!

This season has been beyond any of our wildest dreams and we have lots to be positive about.

next season WE GO AGAIN !

Next season will be our year?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Fuck everything.

I'm going to bed.

Chat ye in August.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wish City were still playing someone decent after that, but that was the only chance.

Also we'd need to beat Palace, and now with heads down, that's gonna be even harder.

Yeah, I can see us dropping points Monday tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love us to try for Barkley and Coleman in the Summer those two guys deserve to be playing in CL football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I'm telling you, they look really bloody nervous, west ham in particular could make it very difficult for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

City aren't that good really. I think they will make hard work of the last 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Best hope is that city might feel like they have it done, and get just a tad complacent - my next hope is Big Sam Manager spoiling things for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Next season lads Stevie G's quest to beat Luke Chadwick's league medal haul. #WeGoAgain

ebbsy wrote: »
    Everton showed no urgency in the 6 minutes.

What would you expect from a club whose greatest achievement was avoiding relegation when Wimbledon threw that game.

That's BS to be fair. They definitely tried in those 6 minutes. City was able to hold on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

We need to go hell for leather against Palace now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Andy Carroll lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

Cant fault evertons players today, some of their fans comments/actions were incredibly small time today but hey they can enjoy their thursday evenings in the back arse of latvia next year.

Looks like we will fall just short, initially disappointing yes but still an incredible achievement, i dont see why we cant go again next season, couldn't give a fcuk if van gall goes to united, de boer to spurs or arsene whips out the cheque book again. This, imo, is only the start if something very special at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

That's BS to be fair. They definitely tried in those 6 minutes. City was able to hold on.

30 seconds left and they are passing it back and forth between their two defenders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Ah look, even if we end up 2nd or 3rd, this season has been a success. We've got Champions League group stages in the bag, Suarez should certainly stay on. We can build from here on and next season we should be challenging for the title with reinforcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Sure what's a 9 goal difference anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Villa and West Ham?! We've gone from clutching straws to grabbing at clumps of wet tissue paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

ebbsy wrote: »

Oh dear!

Who knows what their great 80's side could have achieved...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Good try Everton.

Let's just win our games and see what happens. Honestly (not even trying the jinx here) don't see City dropping points vs Villa or W.Ham.

Still, 2nd is an absolutely fantastic achievement considering back in January we were saying 4th was out of our reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Yup.

City was playing Keep Away. And with their Quality, you'd expect them to get away with it.

I wouldn't Fault Everton for Effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

don't think its over yet.City look very nervous & could slip up last 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Everton put in a good honest shift and thats all we could of hoped for. The roars out of me when Delefou(spelling?) hit the side netting, I thought it was in while watching on a dodgy stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just think of that champions league anthem blasting out of your telly next autumn lads.

Considering how quiet the stadium was I think the Everton players did well and definitely tried to win the game. Saying they didn't or had no urgency is irrelevant with 30 seconds left. Do people think the players spend all their time looking at the clock? They are not a long ball team either. Same as ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

It's City's to lose now. Still could happen...........

Whatever happens this will forever be a season I'll not forget. LFC came so close, played beautiful football, broke records along the way and gave us all hope again. We could finish level on points with the winners and only lose out on goals difference. That's not a bad achievement, considering we were aiming for 4th place at the start of the season. I'm a happy and contented Liverpool Football Club supporter at the end of a season, that hasn't happened for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Grayditch wrote: »

They did drop points against Sunderland to be fair, but Villa and West Ham are just seeing out the season, and have little to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

Counting on Cityitis kicking in now. Not impossible.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement