Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Do any Liverpool fans actually think Everton weren't giving it 100% out there? Of course they were, they're professional footballers, it's their job. But anyway there's no reason those Everton players wouldn't want Liverpool to win the league, obviosuly their fans who are actually from Liverpool wouldn't want it as they wouldn't want to be listening to it from Liverpool supporting neighbours and friends etc but what difference does it make to Tim Howard or Lukaku or Kevin Mirallas if Liverpool win the league as oppposed to City? Absolutely none. These players come from the 4 corners of the globe and just happen to be at Everton now. They've no reason not to want Liverpool to win the league, it makes no odds to them so no reason to suppose they didn't try as hard today as other days. Anyway from watching the game I thought it was obvious enough they tried their best.

Ultimately though I think it's hard to see Liverpool having as good a chance again to win in the next few years, everything seemed to just go right for them from January on and it looked like their year but ultimately it looks like they'll fall short yet again.

Do any Liverpool fans actually think Everton weren't giving it 100% out there? .

No.

They were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

This season is bittersweet. The best I've seen liverpool play in my lifetime. But the most heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Best hope is that city might feel like they have it done, and get just a tad complacent - my next hope is Big Sam Manager spoiling things for them.

One team may have already made that mistake this season:cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Time for a 7-0 away win on Monday night methinks :pac:

If Liverpool are a couple of goals up at any point with a decent chunk left and not pushing for more goals then I'll be really annoyed. The problem with that theory is that if we push with the way we defend we'd only concede. Almost zero chance of winning it on goal difference, but as they say:

lloyd-300x300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

We need to go hell for leather against Palace now.

With a 9 goal deficit !!
    I mean what are the chances of anyone ever beating them 9 - 0 ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Everton put in a good honest shift and thats all we could of hoped for. The roars out of me when Delefou(spelling?) hit the side netting, I thought it was in while watching on a dodgy stream.

Honest is not a word I would associate with that Everton performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It's OK big Andy has got this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ebbsy wrote: »

What a pile of horse****. When lukaku got one back he tore into the goal to grab the ball and bring it up for tip off.

Everton went for that game. If you can't see that, well maybe you should have beaten Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

quarryman wrote: »
    What a pile of horse****. When lukaku got one back he tore into the goal to grab the ball and bring it up for tip off.

Everton went for that game. If you can't see that, well maybe you should have beaten Chelsea.

He wasn't playing.

quarryman wrote: »

He had to do that to make it look convincing.

We should have at least drawn with Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I thought Everton played very well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

You seem Bitter about this?

We shouldn't expect Everton to do the Job for us, when we didn't do that Job ourselves in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He had to do that to make it look convincing.

We should have at least drawn with Chelsea.

Yeah so after scoring he went "better make this look convincing ".
    deluded post.
    Everton tried, Their form has been poor since beating arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ultimately though I think it's hard to see Liverpool having as good a chance again to win in the next few years, everything seemed to just go right for them from January on and it looked like their year but ultimately it looks like they'll fall short yet again.

Fall short yet again????? Ye liverpool have been consistently battling for the title the last 10 years . If it doesnt happen this year so be it massive progress made and the future looks positive again. If City go onto win it I wouldnt begrudge them, alongside liverpool they have been the most impressive team all season, play football the right way, and their manager has a touch of class about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I thought Everton played very well today.

Apart from Howard. 2nd goal was excellently taken but it wasn't like it was in the corner, but the first one? That's your near post and you don't give a striker like that a target that big. Shocking to concede that one. I thought they were fine other than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Anyone who thinks a team of professional footballers went out to do anything other than win needs to have a serious word with themselves tbh.

Players do not care about rivalries like they used to, not half as much as the fans do. To those Everton players it may as well be Man City as Liverpool or Chelsea or Arsenal winning the league. If it's not them, they don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I thought Howard was poor for the first goal. Other than that I really can't fault any of the Everton players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I thought Howard was poor for the first goal. Other than that I really can't fault any of the Everton players.
    Thought the second goal was far softer on Howard's part. Decent header but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

****. ****. Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

Thought the Everton players and fans wanted a win, nothing less. Typical Sky Sports trying to make out otherwise, they have to sensationalize everything.

City won that without looking at all convincing, there could be a twist in the tail yet. All Liverpool can do is concentrate on their own games, the best team will take the title.

But please let it be Liverpool....

Thought the second goal was far softer on Howard's part. Decent header but still.

I thought so too, until I saw the Replay.

When it Bounces awkwardly like that, very few Keepers will Save it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

dmigsy wrote: »
    City nailed on to win this now.

You got that one right

Anyone who thinks a team of professional footballers went out to do anything other than win needs to have a serious word with themselves tbh.

Players do not care about rivalries like they used to, not half as much as the fans do. To those Everton players it may as well be Man City as Liverpool or Chelsea or Arsenal winning the league. If it's not them, they don't care.

Thanks for letting us in on this piece of information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What's disappointing for me is that we have surpassed all targets for this season but the way it's shaped up then not winning the league will be an awful let down.
    Goes to show how everything counts, one of either Hull, Villa , Southampton,Swansea and Kolo Toure earlier in the season may have cost us the title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'm going to **** off to Supersmacks, see what's going on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

fair play to everton. they were kinda poor in the first half but stepped it up in the 2nd half. it was obvious they wanted to avoid defeat.

yeah goals coulda been prevented but thats football. 2 games left...the rollercoaster ride isnt over quite yet. YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I've kinda resigned myself now :(

Ah well! 2nd is still fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

murpho999 wrote: »
    What's disappointing for me is that we have surpassed all targets for this season but the way it's shaped up then not winning the league will be an awful let down.

Not for me. It might be disappointing knowing we had it in our own hands 3 games to go but an awful let down? Not this season. Haven't enjoyed a season as much as this one in a long time. Automatic qualification for the CL secured and in with a shout for the title with 1/2 games to go? How could that be an awful let down?

An awful let down would be if we didn't continue this next season and not challenge for top 4 making this season a blip.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Its not totally over yet though, city could still slip up. Its not likely but stranger things have happened.

They certainly must win on Monday, nothing else will do. Keep the pressure on and see what happens.

I think we will murder them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Agueroooo wrote: »

It's all this guys fault.

Ageuro to score the winner vrs West Ham late on!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Goes to show how everything counts, one of either Hull, Villa , Southampton,Swansea and Kolo Toure earlier in the season may have cost us the title.

For me it's silvas equaliser against Sunderland the howler by the keeper
    We were so delighted that city dropped two points but in fact the point they god looks like winning them the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

gimli2112 wrote: »
    "If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breath a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son

I love everything
    How could I resist ? .....C`MON, you can`t let people get away with that ****e:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Need more pandas to cheer me up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'm not going to pretend to be happy with 2nd or 3rd until the season is over and I look back on it as a whole. Yes, I'd have been delighted with top 3 if offered at the start of the season, but the way things panned out not winning it will sting regardless of whether anyone expected us to be there or not.

Agueroooo wrote: »

Would you throw in a few Mail Hairies, and an immaculate conception as well ???

• Advertisement

How could I resist ? .....C`MON, you can`t let people get away with that ****e:D

Ya, Rudyard Kipling talks some ****e alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

We were so delighted that city dropped two points but in fact the point they god looks like winning them the league

I said it to my mate that night. As good a result as it seemed at the time, I just had a feeling that equaliser could come back to haunt us.

Devastated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If we equalled there goal difference on the last day unlikely but if we did how would the league be decided.

Edit: it goes to number of goals scored and if that is the same it's a play off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Man judging by the posts , I'm glad i didn't watch it . Pure mental torture .
    By all accounts Everton played well .

We are STILL joint top , 9 goals adrift with 2 games to go.
    It's not over yet . We have a chance . We have to beat Palace . Nothing else will do .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's a shame that goal difference wasn't a bit tighter it would make for a fascinating last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jaysus, we'd really need Newcastle to let us walk around them for 90 mins, and not even try to fight back.

com-abed-realization.gif

• Advertisement

Nope, and do you know why?

Even if you Accounted for all of those, we were still ahead of City with 3 Games to go. Needing just 7 pts from 9.

Let's not Dance around the White Elephant, the Reason why City is now ahead of us is because of Gerrad's Slip.

If we didn't Win the League this Year, you can look back at that Crucial Moment, since that where we Lost it. Not Southampton, not Kolo Toure, not Silva's Goal, etc.

Anyone watching the Copa Italian Final?

1-0 Napoli atm

SS1

Nope, and do you know why?

Even if you Accounted for all of those, we were still ahead of City with 3 Games to go. Needing just 7 pts from 9.

Let's not Dance around the White Elephant, the Reason why City is now ahead of us is because of Gerrad's Slip.

If we didn't Win the League this Year, you can look back at that Crucial Moment, since that where we Lost it. Not Southampton, not Kolo Toure, not Silva's Goal, etc.

Dont talk rubbish. Titles are not decided in one game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jaysus, we'd really need Newcastle to let us walk around them for 90 mins, and not even try to fight back.

com-abed-realization.gif

Yanno, it's not an entirely impossible scenario. All sorts of **** going on at Newcastle right now.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Dont talk rubbish. Titles are not decided in one game.

Yeah, forget the Hull, Arsenal, City and Chelsea defeats. Sure those points didn't count!

Sure if we'd beaten city at their place we'd probably be champions or a win a way at most

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement