Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ergonomic mouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

aidanki wrote: »
    hi all,

I have switched from using mouse right handed to left handed and left hand isn't really used to the mouse yet but right hand has had its scrolling with the mouse I think that causes most discomfort

Haven't use that mouse but if it's scrolling that's causing the problem you could try pressing/ the wheel and moving the mouse away from the scroll marker to scroll. Far less finger movement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

If you can try a tablet [1]. It took me a while to switch to it, but I don't use mouse anymore and all RSI problems are gone.

[1] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Wacom_Intuos4_Pen_Tablet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭aidanki

PrzemoF wrote: »
    If you can try a tablet [1]. It took me a while to switch to it, but I don't use mouse anymore and all RSI problems are gone.

[1] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Wacom_Intuos4_Pen_Tablet.jpg

no tablet not an option, have to use Word Xcel and so on at work so table isn't an option

aidanki wrote: »
    no tablet not an option, have to use Word Xcel and so on at work so table isn't an option

I use it for everything (autocad, word, excel, web browsing and a few other things). All I can say is that it is very useful in excel - there is an option to assign a sequence of keys to a button (like "type something, hit down arrow twice, hit F2") that is really handy if you have to make some mass changes in a spreadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭aidanki

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I use it for everything (autocad, word, excel, web browsing and a few other things). All I can say is that it is very useful in excel - there is an option to assign a sequence of keys to a button (like "type something, hit down arrow twice, hit F2") that is really handy if you have to make some mass changes in a spreadsheet.

thought you meant a standard tablet, TBH never knew such a thing existed

a few here http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10841&cs_id=1084101&p_id=5552&seq=1&format=2

did you try ergonomic mouse before you switched or just jumped

• Advertisement

I have not tried, but I think that it doesn't make any difference how ergonomic is the mouse. You have to click (index finger joint pain) and you have to move the mouse to get the cursor across the screen using a repetitive movements (wrist + shoulder problems). I mean that if the mouse is not ergonomic you'll get "bonus" problems, like palm cramps, but no mouse can be ergonomic enough to solve RSI problems.

I actually got the tablet, because I wanted one, not as a solution to RSI and then I found out that I don't want to use mouse anymore.

Try to borrow a tablet for a week or two and test if it works for you. The first few hours will be awkward - that's guaranteed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

do a search for a track ball, it might be what you are after

logitech-wireless-trackball-m570.png

trackball_2.jpg

Advertisement