Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw - March 31th

• 31-03-2014 7:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭

Back to the regular time.

Well, here we are: The final Raw on The Road to WrestleMania, and on the verge of a twelve-car pile-up in each lane. Daniel Bryan hasn’t been seen since being carried out on a gurney two weeks ago thanks to Triple H. Bray Wyatt is – for all intents and purposes – haunting John Cena. Batista’s at his wits’ end. And The Undertaker’s ghoulish misdirection has Brock Lesnar running scared. Six days before WWE descends upon New Orleans for The Show of Shows, what lies ahead on Raw? WWE.com has five ideas.

• Brock Lesnar fell for the old empty-casket trick last week and for all the bravado of The Beast Incarnate, “Eat-Sleep-Beat-the-Streak” is looking more and more like an impossibility. The Anomaly does have one thing on his side, though: When he gets in the ring with The Undertaker at WrestleMania, he’ll presumably let his fists do all the work for him. All he has to do is survive The Deadman’s “final message” this Monday. What does The Phenom have in store?

• Another Superstar who’s making excellent use of mind games? Bray Wyatt, who has John Cena unusually shaken heading into their confrontation on The Grandest Stage of Them All. Wyatt hasn’t relied on mysticism a la The Undertaker, but he has seemingly cut to Cena’s core with his weekly sermons, and disgraced the Cenation leader by stringing him up in the ring ropes last week on Raw and slapping a sheep mask on him. Can Cena find his footing and rally, or is Bray Wyatt irreparably in his head?

• Is Batista losing his cool? The Animal’s rollercoaster return has seen the WWE Universe turn against him in droves. A tough match with Sheamus on SmackDown exposed Batista’s frustration; with Daniel Bryan lurking in the wings and Triple H gaining steam in his own bid to enter the title match, can The Animal maintain his momentum and fulfill his promise to become champion?

• How the tables have turned for The Hounds of Justice, who are set to face both a key member and longtime associates of The Authority when they battle Kane & The New Age Outlaws at WrestleMania. The Shield has stuck through thick and thin and looks stronger than ever, but The Devil’s Favorite Director of Operations knows them just about better than anyone. Can Ambrose, Rollins & Reigns power their way to their second consecutive WrestleMania victory?

• Daniel Bryan wasn’t at Raw last week thanks to lingering injuries from Triple H’s brutal attack on his shoulder, but with only a week to go before the biggest match (matches?) of his career, don’t expect the “Yes!” Man to sit out this week’s Raw. The Cerebral Assassin will want Bryan as weak as possible heading into their match, though, so what final hurdle does Triple H have in store for the thorn in his side that is Daniel Bryan? Tune in to Raw this Monday at 8/7 CT on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to WWE Network for the Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 and Backstage Pass immediately following the show!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

31th :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Africa wrote: »
    31th :p

There are a lot more issues with the show than pointing that out.
    You forgot to mention 'How many times has this show been rewritten & will the King of Kings chosen a good script at random?'
    Tune in to find out. Same bat time, same bat channel

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Final Raw before Mania, I'm expecting Daniel Bryan to get some kind of retribution against Triple H after THAT attack. The Undertaker has *in best Paul Heyman voice* Barack Lesnar running scared. Also expecting The Shield to get one over on Kane & The New Age Outlaws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I also fully expect a massive tag team match of sorts, to promote the Battle Royal. Que the whole thing Turning into a Ballyhoo with everyone trying to throw each other over the top rope (I hate when they do this).

I expect Lesnar to leave Taker laid out as well, to build heat for their match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This is usually the go home show for Wrestlemania as Smackdown the past few years has been a promo show.

Don't think i will be watching WM live this year as well the card is just not that inspiring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I also fully expect a massive tag team match of sorts, to promote the Battle Royal. Que the whole thing Turning into a Ballyhoo with everyone trying to throw each other over the top rope (I hate when they do this).

I expect Lesnar to leave Taker laid out as well, to build heat for their match.

This has probably the worse build for any Taker mania match imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

It could easily have been soooo much better. Ball dropped by WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's been atrocious. They've made Lesnar look completely second rate. Very, very disappointing. It DOES not help that everyone and their sister knows Taker is going over too. That's the problem with the streak, you knew Punk was never winning and it's the same with Lesnar. They haven't even created any doubt that Taker might lose either.

He basically has to murder Taker tonight on RAW. Even then the damage has probably already been done.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It's been atrocious. They've made Lesnar look completely second rate. Very, very disappointing. It DOES not help that everyone and their sister knows Taker is going over too. That's the problem with the streak, you knew Punk was never winning and it's the same with Lesnar. They haven't even created any doubt that Taker might lose either.

He basically has to murder Taker tonight on RAW. Even then the damage has probably already been done.

I want the streak ended to be honest, after Hunter, Cena is the only one Id believe would take the streak. Never thought Punk would. Brock winning will put him over even more as a monster heel and could build well for a possible D-Bryan feud for the title come Summerslam

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I want the streak ended to be honest, after Hunter, Cena is the only one Id believe would take the streak. Never thought Punk would. Brock winning will put him over even more as a monster heel and could build well for a possible D-Bryan feud for the title come Summerslam

Has to be a young guy they're pushing as the next top star to end the streak imo.

Lesnar winning would be a hell of a swerve though. Not sure how i'd feel about it.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Has to be a young guy they're pushing as the next top star to end the streak imo.

Lesnar winning would be a hell of a swerve though. Not sure how i'd feel about it.

Next year if its Sting v Taker, ill be thinking "whats the point?" Theres no way Sting would go over Taker in a million years and the match would stink as both guys are past their prime considerably. Had to be Reigns this year if anyones to break the streak. Or Cena if they didnt want to break it.

WWE were in a tight spot to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

What they should do is have HHH come down and attack Brock.
    "Your winner as the result of a disqualification, Brock Lesnar."
    Hunter could claim to have ended the streak, and be getting "Vicky Guerrero heat" for years.

What they should do is have HHH come down and attack Brock.
    "Your winner as the result of a disqualification, Brock Lesnar."
    Hunter could claim to have ended the streak, and be getting "Vicky Guerrero heat" for years.

Thats an interesting take, even have Heyman do it as a last resort during the finale of the match.

Have Heyman come in after a third Piledriver and stand there with a chair over Brocks Body as he stares down the undertaker who thinks the chair is intended for him. Brock gets to his knee and Heyman clobbers him instead. Instant heat though not the ideal way to end it IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah, the individual doing the deed is interchangeable, could use HBK, Kane, or even Punk.

That would be awful.

Ending the streak in such a cheap way like that. Something that means so much to the business and the fans, doing it simply for heat would be just silly.

Young guy beats Taker clean in the middle. Taker raises his hand after, career is made. Simple.

Roman Reigns could be the man, a year is probably enough time to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I don't know why they didn't go with the grudge match type of programme. I find it a bit baffling. Anyway, can't see Taker giving Brock the piledriver so I suspect it's going to be a win via tap-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Even though the build has been weak I do think the match could be great. Once they're in the wrestlemania ring together and the bell rings the build won't matter. Probably the wwe's thinking as well but they really should have done better.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Are we back to a 1am start tonight, yeah?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sky have started showing ads for Mania.

On one, they go on that Taker is death personified, but even death grows old. That with each match, he has gotten weaker, come closer to the loss. That even the legendary Taker can't keep going at the level he is forever. And now he faces the Beast, the younger, stronger, powerful Brock Lesner.

That one ad builds the match better than WWE have in a month. Shame it's an ad for a story that isn't being told. Should check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They began telling that story a few years ago with the first match vs. HHH but dropped it, and if they followed through with it in the last couple of years it'd help Undertaker's WM matches a lot. Introduces an element of vulnerability.

• Advertisement

Deadlie wrote: »
    Are we back to a 1am start tonight, yeah?

Yup. Pre-show is half past midnight, Raw live at 1am.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Apparently they are taping everything tonight. There's no tapings tomorrow. Expect lots more Raw Rebounds on their other shows.

rovert wrote: »
    Apparently they are taping everything tonight. There's no tapings tomorrow. Expect lots more Raw Rebounds on their other shows.

Smackdown continues to mean less and less. I suppose this means no live Main Event.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Smackdown continues to mean less and less. I suppose this means no live Main Event.

They do it every year for WM week what with access and everything they're too busy for a full smackdown.

Loughc wrote: »
    They do it every year for WM week what with access and everything they're too busy for a full smackdown.

Aye, I suppose there's the press conference tomorrow as well. Smackdown is still completely skippable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

They're taping Main Event, Smackdown and then going to Raw according to Reddit.
    Tuesday: Main Event - 8PM EST: This will NOT be airing live this week as they are taping everything (including Smackdown) before RAW tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RickyBobby93

Think Raw has actually been good the last few weeks, some of the best of the PG era. Think this could turn into a Daniel Bryan love fest though, just like Mania will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Still fail to understand what the point in Lesnar killing Henry and Show was - if this is the way they are booking it.

Undertaker needed to be destroyed in the build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Orton vs Bootista tonight on RAW WTF.

• Advertisement

Orton vs Bootista tonight on RAW WTF.

And this was going to be the Mania main event :confused:

And this was going to be the Mania main event :confused:

Least they'll get to see just how brutal it would have been.

21 men have stepped up? Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Might want to re-check your maths. You haven't beaten 21 men at Wrestlemaina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Lesnar is a legit badass and they are making him look like a chump, so disappointing.

I hope he batters Taker tonight.

Jester252 wrote: »
    Might want to re-check your maths. You haven't beaten 21 men at Wrestlemaina

I make it 19 if you include Lesnar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Punk chants? Piss off

Oh shut the **** up you muppets.

Come on Brroooooock, go get the old codger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Yep, 19 men including Brock.

Nice chant from someone in the crowd. "Get in the ring Brock, you were in the UFC not the KFC"

• Advertisement

That was so drawn out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its a bit late doing this now.

JBL: "I'm convinced now more than ever"

What, after one poxy F5? Taker will probably kick out of about four F5s on Sunday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Call that a beat down do they.

Damm a proper beat down was needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Meh...
    Dont mean to come off as a dick.... but lensar gets heat on taker. Taker beats him at mania. Its not exactly must see tv. My opinion I know. But.... meh.

No one is buying it Bradshaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'm still really looking forward to it. It'll be a great spectacle

As the Popeyes women says; Boring

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Wow Brock looked really strong out there and his F5 and bulging muscles and athletic frame are impressive, I think he might beat the 49 year old Undertaker.

Taker Lesnar does nothing for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement