Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple TV - is it worth it?

• 31-03-2014 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

So Ive been thinking of getting Apple tv and would love to hear peoples opinions pros/cons.

Id like to be able to watch netflix and use airplay etc. so from that point of view its a winner.

Would still like to get peoples opinions on it and its features as ive never used it or seen it used so im not totally aware of all its features.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

I think for €100 yes it is worth the money. I have both a Chromecast and Apple TV and think for certain things the Apple TV is better.

For instance, you can stream TV players (Like RTE and TV3 players) from your iPhone / iPad to your TV via Airplay.
    At the moment you can not do this with the Chromecast unless you do it from a Windows device.

It's on a par with Chromecast in regards to Netflix and Youtube, but with the Apple TV being able to stream/airplay the TV Players is a big advantage in my opinion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Got one on the Apple refurb store for €85 + €6 delivery. Very handy little device.

Advertisement