Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthrax - Irish Dates

Options
  • 31-03-2014 10:02am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ian Dempsey ‏
    ANTHRAX
    The Academy, Dublin
    2nd July 2014
    Tickets on sale from ticketmaster.ie Friday at 10am €30.00 pic.twitter.com/GTBehXuqLB

Also Limelight on the 3rd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

It's listed elsewhere that they are playing 1st July in Belfast

http://www.metalireland.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60065

where was is listed as being 3rd July in Belfast

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It's listed elsewhere that they are playing 1st July in Belfast

http://www.metalireland.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60065

where was is listed as being 3rd July in Belfast

Sorry meant 4th according to Hot Press
    Metallers are in for a treat on July 2 when one of the Big Four, Anthrax, crash-land at the Dublin Academy. Tickets priced €30 go on sale on Friday April 4. The previous night finds them in Belfast for another amps on '11' show in The Limelight.

The Hot Press Newsdesk, 31 Mar 2014

- See more at: http://www.hotpress.com/Anthrax/news/Anthrax-announce-Irish-dates/11316410.html#sthash.CMKspzpW.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

thanks

I was hoping it'd be Belfast on the 3rd, the Eels are in the Olympia on the 1st and 2nd July!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

You meant 1st if they are playing the Academy on the 2nd so the previous night is the 1st tickets on sale the 4th maybe got you confused?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Playing a full 'Among the living' set - along with a few polkas to get the crowd goin' :D

• Advertisement

yknaa wrote: »
    Playing a full 'Among the living' set - along with a few polkas to get the crowd goin' :D

Usually I'm not one for these albums in full sets at all but since Joey rejoined sets haven't changed significantly so this could be somewhat refreshing even though 3 of 9 songs are pretty much staples....now if they'd only guarantee In My World is played!!

John Dette replacing Charlie now for full duration of tour.

In other news not sure why he did it but Scott Ian really ripped into Sebastian Bach recently :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone else there last night? First time seeing them live, I thougth they were excellent! Ears still ringing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

John Dette replacing Charlie now for full duration of tour.

In other news not sure why he did it but Scott Ian really ripped into Sebastian Bach recently :D:D

So its just Scott, Joey, and Frankie and some others?

I remember seeing them in the Ambassador in 2004 , and Joey Vera was filling in on bass. Frankie threw a wobbly. John Bush on vocals on one of their stronger albums which, if they played their cards right, they could have made hay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

blastman wrote: »
    Anyone else there last night? First time seeing them live, I thougth they were excellent! Ears still ringing.....

First time seeing them myself, last of the big four to see live.
    They were just unreal, they loved every minute of the gig.
    Brilliant set couldn't fault it
    More please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

blastman wrote: »

I was there last night and thought it was a belter. Haven't had that much fun at a gig since the Top Hat / McGonagles days. Anthrax were spot on and the atmosphere was excellent.

Downside : My neck and spine feel like I was in a car crash today :pac:

Seen Anthrax a few times although I wasn't at their last Academy show and this was them at their best.

Top notch show brilliant moment when they were about to play "One World" Scott said "Heres where we see who really knows the album and not just like downloaded Caught In A Mosh on iTunes... To which got a resounding "F that Sh1t" chant going, Scott seemed delighted...well overall it looked like they were having as much fun as the crowd.

They finished at 1045 too even though it was advertised as being 1030 finish, including a 4 song encore.

Was at Slayer the night before and while good, Anthrax on this occasion could be gig of the year! Well worth the 30 odd bob.

Advertisement