Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 5 reverse tethering

• 31-03-2014 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭

Just got a Nexus 5 and have been very pleased with it, coming from a Lumia 925.
    Previously I has a android phone, a Desire HD which could easily do reverse tethering, just plug my usb from my PC into my Desire and from the options were:
    charge only
    share mobile phone network with PC
    Share PC internet connection with Phone

The latter is what I would like to do on the Nexus 5 but the option is not there when I connect, I can only select as media device or share photos. In the settings I can also find usb tethering but it is sharing my mobile data connection with the PC
    I've Googled this before coming here and the only solutions involve rooting my phone or paid apps.
    How has something that was so simple got so complicated with a far more modern and capable phone?
    A easier solution would be much appreciated.
    Wifi tethering is not an option for me

Comments

Advertisement