Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM card replacement

Options
  • 31-03-2014 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Why is it that my ATM card, that belongs to BoI, stops working and I have to pay €8 replacement fee on top of the new current account fees so I can still give them business. I really am annoyed by that, I can understand the charge if I lost the card but not for something that has gone faulty.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Dublinflyer, 

Many thanks for posting. 

If your card was not working when first received, you would not be charged for a replacement. 

If an ATM card is damaged due to wear and tear, you would be liable for the €8 replacement fee.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Hi Dublinflyer, 

Many thanks for posting. 

If your card was not working when first received, you would not be charged for a replacement. 

If an ATM card is damaged due to wear and tear, you would be liable for the €8 replacement fee.

Thanks

Billy
    But the fault is not a result of wear and tear, the mag strip has lost it's information. Mag strip is only used in ATM transactions.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Dublinflyer, 

Many thanks for posting. 

Thanks

Billy
    But the fault is not a result of wear and tear, the mag strip has lost it's information. Mag strip is only used in ATM transactions.  
    Hi Dublinflyer, 

The information on a magnetic strip can become corrupt if the card is stored next to other cards. If you feel you should not have been charged for a replacement card, please call your branch and a representative will look into this for you. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement