Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jonsered equivalent of Stihl MS391

• 31-03-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi all, previous owner of Stihl MS391 sorry I didn't keep it, loved it to be honest. Use my brothers MS291 when required nowadays. Anyways looking to get a saw like the MS391, can't afford to fork out 600-700 in one go, so our local co-op stocks Jonsered and was wondering which Jonsered model would be comparable to the MS391?

Any advice apreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭kay 9

patjack wrote: »
    Hi all, previous owner of Stihl MS391 sorry I didn't keep it, loved it to be honest. Use my brothers MS291 when required nowadays. Anyways looking to get a saw like the MS391, can't afford to fork out 600-700 in one go, so our local co-op stocks Jonsered and was wondering which Jonsered model would be comparable to the MS391?

Any advice apreciated
    The cs 2165 would be the closest I think. What kind of stuff ya cutting? There may be Smth more suitable. The jonsereds are a husky really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Heard recently that the importer/distributor for jonsered changed and the new ppl aren't carrying as big a range of older spare parts. I know if you buy new you shouldn't have a problem, and us internet savvy ppl can usually find something online outside Ireland, but I think it might be worth thinking about before buying.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭patjack

kay 9 wrote: »
    The cs 2165 would be the closest I think. What kind of stuff ya cutting? There may be Smth more suitable. The jonsereds are a husky really.
    Ash, whitethorn, spruce, beech, and whatever else falls. During the rounds of the year between our own place and the uncles we cut a good shot of timber for ourselves and a bit we sell. We have a husqy and a stihl at home both nice saws we just need a bit more option sometimes in terms of power and capability. To be honest if I had the money in my pocket I'd go and but the MS391 again, loved it. Although the only thing I prefer about the Jonsered/Husqy is the speed of cutting. I notice around here a lot of previous husqvarna dealers are now Stihl dealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

The 2166 is the current version of the 2165. Both saws are around the same displacement, but are built to professional levels. The 291 and 391 have plastic bodies whereas the Jonsereds mentioned have magnesium chassis and are built to last much longer in professional use.

Advertisement