Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFibre Dungarvan

• 31-03-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

EFibre maps shows March as launch date for efibre in Dungarvan and surrounding areas.
    Has anyone got connected to EFibre in March in the Dungarvan area?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

I called them about this yesterday, not available to our number yet and they can't give date of when it will be - they only have the same info as on website, ie available from March and could only suggest that I ring back every few days to check with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Tangled thanks for that. If you hear/see some progress you might update this post.
    Certainly there does not seem to be any visible progress.

Basically what the guy I spoke to said was that it may be in a couple of houses that they're testing it in, it may be already available but just not showing as available for him to sell to me or it may not be available yet. Couldn't give any kind of timeframe.

Will cost me €3 less per month than my current package which has terrible broadband speeds so might ring again tomorrow.

thanks.
    If you get any news please let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,206 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Check the eircom wholesale website. It is estimated for the 30th of april

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info.
    Will see if any progress is visible at end of month. If you see/hear anything please post

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭jusvi2001

They shouldn't be misleading customers by showing it as available in dungarvan in their retail website. I rang them and they have no idea why it is showing as available.

Also it seems there are no fibre cabinets planned for youghal road (source -eircom whole sale website) so efibre for resident around youghal road may not be available even if rest of the town do so.

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    They shouldn't be misleading customers by showing it as available in dungarvan in their retail website. I rang them and they have no idea why it is showing as available.

Also it seems there are no fibre cabinets planned for youghal road (source -eircom whole sale website) so efibre for resident around youghal road may not be available even if rest of the town do so.

Welcome to ireland.
    The 21th out of 177 most corrupt country in the world.
    I would of thought it was higher.
    Quality of life here is good in over 80% of the population, but nothing from schools to hospitals to roads is done right here.

I dont live in dungarvan full time, my main home is in west clare. What sickens me is my school got 93mbps in a speed test. All the houses in my area struggle to get any more than 5mbps

Just called again about this - available in parts of Dungarvan now but not available to my number yet. Still can't say when it will be.

• Advertisement

Same here. I rang them again this morning and got the same response. I reckon if you are not living in Dungarvan town it will be a long wait. Thanks Tangled for updating.

I am in the town - which is more frustrating! I actually then called the business line about my business number, which it is available on, so an engineer is booked to come next week.

Same here. Living near to garda station
    Just 2 minutes walk To town. But they are saying not available. Seems efibre is just an eyewash.

They are just randomly selecting few estates to put dungarvan on efibre map. nothing worth

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    They are just randomly selecting few estates to put dungarvan on efibre map. nothing worth

Agree. Seems to be very low key affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

there's only internet provider worth having in Dungarvan----CABLESURF!!

there's only internet provider worth having in Dungarvan----CABLESURF!!

Not based on price or customer service...

Advertisement