Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fitzgeralds park run by idiots

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yes, some sand :) , lots of woodchips, and some areas have a rubber surface.

goddammit! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

pwurple wrote: »
    goddammit! :(

Sand has no business in a kids playground.
    Other than that the kids were down there today and loved it.
    Well done city council

Wheelchair fail unfortunately. Couldn't get a wheelchair across woodchip surface. Nothing like a crying 5 year old in a wheelchair who wants to get to the play castle to dampen your spirits. I thought this thing was supposed to be accessible? What kind of muscle power do they think a child in a wheelchair has? They went to all the effort with the levels, and then put f-ing wood chip on it.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Wheelchair fail unfortunately. Couldn't get a wheelchair across woodchip surface. Nothing like a crying 5 year old in a wheelchair who wants to get to the play castle to dampen your spirits. I thought this thing was supposed to be accessible? What kind of muscle power do they think a child in a wheelchair has? They went to all the effort with the levels, and then put f-ing wood chip on it.

:(

Disgraceful! Have the council been contacted about this? Surely it wouldn't take much to rectify or make a change to allow accessibility for all for Heavens sakes like.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Yes, you should definitely contact the council about it. Even if they can't/won't change it now, it's going to get a lot of wear and tear and maybe they could change it as part of planned maintenance. The rubber surface would surely work well in place of the woodchips.

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Disgraceful! Have the council been contacted about this? Surely it wouldn't take much to rectify or make a change to allow accessibility for all for Heavens sakes like.

Yes, sent a playground "feedback" letter and a photo of the wheels sunken into the wood chipping surface.

I don't understand how a playground which was specifically designed to be accessible, and was even sponsored by the Bons Secours, ended up with this ridiculous surface.

...And after the clamour there was to get it opened, I can't see them closing it again to change this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Yes, sent a playground "feedback" letter and a photo of the wheels sunken into the wood chipping surface.

I don't understand how a playground which was specifically designed to be accessible, and was even sponsored by the Bons Secours, ended up with this ridiculous surface.

...And after the clamour there was to get it opened, I can't see them closing it again to change this.

Do what everyone does who has a problem in Cork, give Neil a ring, he would love to discuss this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

rob316 wrote: »
    Do what everyone does who has a problem in Cork, give Neil a ring, he would love to discuss this.

Hey Presto - guess what they were discussing (for ages) on Neil's show this morning? Not the accessibility issue, mind you, but the fact that the "castle effect" wall prevents continuous visibility of children if you are sitting down.

It was great: lots of women coming on to outdo each other over how safe their children were at the playground. Apparently there are paedos everywhere just salivating at the chance of kidnapping a child from the playground. The super-careful parents are obviously doing a good job though - I have never heard of such an event happening in Cork/Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Herself took the kids there yesterday. Apart from the place being completely crowded she said it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

I have to admit, the dual usage of the Playground/Swimming pool was an ingenious idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Maybe they put the sand there to make the fish feel comfortable when it floods.:pac:

I have to admit, the dual usage of the Playground/Swimming pool was an ingenious idea.

How long is timber going to hold up against Irish weather I wonder?

Have the people who designed a wooden play structure lived in this city?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

that's really horrible Pwurple!! They should get a kick up the arse for messing it up so much.. I hate crap like this they spend a small fortune on stupid projects like this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

not saying a kids park is stupid but just how they went about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Maybe they put the sand there to make the fish feel comfortable when it floods.:pac:

i think they were going for the beach effect!

Advertisement