Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Louise Duffy Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

I don't think louise Duffy has a voice for radio at all tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Agreed. She sounds like she is talking down to the listener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Should Tony return to Today FM, LD would be more suited to a weekend chart show....

And why's that? Obviously I wish Tony all the best, I am a long time Today FM listener but he's my least favourite DJ there, his presenting style is hugely outdated.

Louise is a fresh voice and the show is improving all the time. Why would she suit a chart show, she plays great music from a variety of genres. Tony plays chart music with added Bruce Springsteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

She needs to stop saying " sure listen c'mere"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Louise just confirmed today is the last in her lunch time slot. She'll take a couple of weeks off and then come back to "fill in for the wonderful Tony Fenton".

This obviously means they are holding the spot open for Tony. Hopefully that means his recovery is going well and he intends to return.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dermot & Dave on now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Louise just confirmed today is the last in her lunch time slot. She'll take a couple of weeks off and then come back to "fill in for the wonderful Tony Fenton".

This obviously means they are holding the spot open for Tony. Hopefully that means his recovery is going well and he intends to return.
    Let's hope I'm wrong but maybe he's not doing too well and if they cancel his show without him making an announcement himself then the listeners will put two and two together and realise he's not great.
    So maybe they'll say she's filling in until Tony is ready to make an announcement and then she'll take over full time.
    Also very interesting what Ian said while talking to Dermot and Dave just now that there's a new show lined up for Louise that all the insider's know about but they can't say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Hate Dermot and Dave. dont like their voice, Didnt mind Louise lease she had some original music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

DaraDali wrote: »
    Hate Dermot and Dave. dont like their voice, Didnt mind Louise lease she had some original music.
    Really? Practically the same things on most days at near enough the same time.

Also very interesting what Ian said while talking to Dermot and Dave just now that there's a new show lined up for Louise that all the insider's know about but they can't say anything.

I wonder might they be planning to move the last word over to Newstalk ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I wonder might they be planning to move the last word over to Newstalk ?

Why would they do that?

harney wrote: »
    Why would they do that?

Im only guessing here because of what Ian Dempsey said. Also George Hooke has said he is retiring in the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

I've been told Louise is getting the 7pm gig. Not sure if Colm O'Sullivan is coming off air, or moving to a later/weekend slot. He's involved with the programming in there so is probably busy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Louises profile is gone from the site so maybe they are afraid to put her profile up instead of Tony's profile for fear of it been seen as disrespectful.
    http://www.todayfm.com/shows

Though hers was there all along until now.

Is early breakfast still vacant ? No presenter listed on website

eiresandra wrote: »
    I've been told Louise is getting the 7pm gig. Not sure if Colm O'Sullivan is coming off air, or moving to a later/weekend slot. He's involved with the programming in there so is probably busy enough.

Well it's great to hear that they are expecting tony fenton back so... I wonder though why move Louise Duffy around the schedule so much ? and surly the 7-9pm show is a big step down from lunchtime ?

Ah poor auld Louise, why would they mess her around so much and give her the lunchtime slot when essentially she was only keeping the seat warm for D&D.
    It felt a little rushed originally when she went from AA road watch girl to the early slot and even more rushed when she took over lunchtime when dermot was the bookies favourite.
    I wonder did KC leave in an awful rush to make the new red fm Launch which left today fm in a heap?
    They had that whole She's really a bitch ad campaign and everything and all for what?
    It makes no sense.
    Someone else who is getting a little big for her boots is Esther O'Moore Donohoe, I can't stand her "banter" with Iano! I think there could be a push there soon.
    Hopefully Galvin won't take the ring back, after all he's only interested in prime time abs the limelight.

Well she ain't getting the early breakfast gig back anyway. http://www.todayfm.com/earlybreakfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Well she ain't getting the early breakfast gig back anyway. http://www.todayfm.com/earlybreakfast

That's Teresanne O'Reilly, she's very good. Good radio voice, comfortable on-air and plays a good mix of music. Very pretty girl too, definitely NOT a face for radio! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Nice! (on the left obviously)

7240139150_ac9e831c9e_c.jpg

• Advertisement

Wowzers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Synode wrote: »

Oh my

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ii thnk she's been doing the early breakfast show for a few weeks though if it's the same person I'm thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wouldn't mind tuning into her.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

ok folks settle down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Jaysus it was in good jest. Who the hell reported the comment

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Jaysus it was in good jest. Who the hell reported the comment
    Moderator: you're here long enough to know it is not allowed to derail threads by questioning moderator decisions in-thread. If you have an issue with forum moderation, you go to feedback. If you have an issue with a moderator, you go to help desk. If you have an issue with the two week ban I've just given you, go to dispute resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

Teresanne started out on Beat in the South East a couple of years ago, and was on the afternoon show til last Christmas. Great presenter.

Now that Tony Fenton's return is confirmed. i don't think its right that Louise is filling in because the listeners are going to get confused by all her moving around the schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Now that Tony Fenton's return is confirmed. i don't think its right that Louise is filling in because the listeners are going to get confused by all her moving around the schedule.

When is T-Bone back?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    When is T-Bone back?

First week of november

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So where will Louise be long term?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So where will Louise be long term?

Word is 7-10pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Horse84

And Colm O'Sullivan? Jes there's a lot of chopping and changing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Word is 7-10pm

Is 7-10 a prime time slot ?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I wouldn't call it that myself but i guess its not a grave yard shift either.

Horse84 wrote: »
    And Colm O'Sullivan? Jes there's a lot of chopping and changing

Colm O'sullivan was recently made assistant manager of Today Fm so he might just do one show at the weekend or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Really liked Colm's show, very easy going and he had pretty good craic on air with Ed Smith and Paul McLoone. Louise was great during the daytime as she played such good music and Colm played pretty decent music too, Dermot& Dave and Tony Fenton play pretty safe daytime music so it's kind disapointing to lose out on a more alternative playlist during the daytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,908 ✭✭✭✭L1011

MrMac84 wrote: »
    When is T-Bone back?

November. On hearing him at the PPI HoF awards I'm very worried he might not be in a condition to do it for long although I hope I'm being overly pessimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Itssoeasy wrote: »

No, it wouldn't be regarded as a prime time slot and Ian Dempsey has previously stated that she is remaining in a prime time slot but can't say at the moment.

Either:
    - they are reinterpreting 7-10 as a prime time slot (but it won't be really)
    - tony will retire or move to a w/e slot
    - matt cooper will move to newstalk, thus creating a clear division between music and talk between their 2 national stations. But then the whole George Hook thing will need to be discussed. I think this is a viable option but not for another year or so.
    - she is given a prime time slot at the w/e ( again not really prime time)
    - they have truly shafted Louise.

• Advertisement

ads20101 wrote: »
    No, it wouldn't be regarded as a prime time slot and Ian Dempsey has previously stated that she is remaining in a prime time slot but can't say at the moment.

Either:
    - they are reinterpreting 7-10 as a prime time slot (but it won't be really)
    - tony will retire or move to a w/e slot
    - matt cooper will move to newstalk, thus creating a clear division between music and talk between their 2 national stations. But then the whole George Hook thing will need to be discussed. I think this is a viable option but not for another year or so.
    - she is given a prime time slot at the w/e ( again not really prime time)
    - they have truly shafted Louise.

Maybe when today fm say "primetime slot" they mean anything but the 5am show.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

I'd say she would still be happy to be on the national airwaves 5 days a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I don't think she really fits in the 7pm slot tbh. I've always thought of that as more a new music style, (more or less what Colm O'Sullivan does and what KC did before him). Louise plays decent music, but I don't think her knowledge of music (based on her lunchtime show) is good enough to carry a show like that.

Unless they're just going to dispense with that format and just let her do a version of the lunchtime show in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

you can tell she's bluffing when it comes to music, sadly like a lot of young presenters these days

Maybe they will give her saturday mid morning or sunday lunchtime as well as the evening show ? That way they can dress it up as her having a primetime slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

I see Today FM are now calling the 14.30-16.30 slot The Tony Fenton Show with Louise Duffy.

http://www.todayfm.com/Louise-Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

nc6000 wrote: »
    I see Today FM are now calling the 14.30-16.30 slot The Tony Fenton Show with Louise Duffy.

http://www.todayfm.com/Louise-Duffy

I joint show??

Never considered that possibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Horse84

What happened to Lenny is he still producing or is Tony's producer still in that slot. Heard Ann gleeson on during the week so she's still involved.

ads20101 wrote: »
    I joint show??

Never considered that possibility

Nope. that just means its the Tony fenton show presented by Louise Duffy.

Horse84 wrote: »
    What happened to Lenny is he still producing or is Tony's producer still in that slot. Heard Ann gleeson on during the week so she's still involved.
    I was wondering that also, I'm hearing waaay too much of (I'm one of the lads, I'm so natural and laid back) Ann Gleeson, she's exhausting and acting like she's better than Louise and could be running the show but decided not too. Moderator: edited to remove disgraceful comment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement