Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Louise Duffy Show

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057292115

I'm not sure how you could have missed that but the days of a lackadaisical attitude towards comments like yours are over. Can we all just behave like adults living in the 21st century, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭xMallx

confirmed today that Louise Duffy is getting the 7-9pm show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

xMallx wrote: »

Jaysus. Any word as to what's happening with Colm O'Sullivan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

So that's an official confirmation:

She is getting demoted.

This is not a (traditional) prime time slot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I'm annoyed tbh. She has been getting better and better. Tony Fenton is a dinosaur. Glad he's better, but have never been a fan of his and his one CD of songs on rotation. She increased listenership at lunchtime and was bumped for Dermot & Dave. Harsh, but the lads are at it longer and deserved a move to a prime slot at a national station. This is a definite demotion, she should be keeping the afternoon slot and if they are moving Colm O'Sullivan then the Mix-Up would be a step up for Paula McSweeney or someone like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

This is joyous news. I don't have to hear her at all now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Where has it been confirmed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭swampy353

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Where has it been confirmed ?

In an interview with Tony Fenton in the indo

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭smallfridge

statto25 wrote: »
    Jaysus. Any word as to what's happening with Colm O'Sullivan?

As far as I know he's Assistant Program Director. So he's probably going to concentrate on management duties. Although he may still do some on air work.

• Advertisement

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/tony-fenton-on-course-to-get-back-on-the-air-after-cancer-battle-30924861.html

There's a link to the interview and jaysus did darcy have any friends in the place at all ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Doubt Louise is too thrilled about moving to 7pm, I thought she was very good handling the daytime slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Doubt Louise is too thrilled about moving to 7pm, I thought she was very good handling the daytime slot.

She should be thrilled that someone in Today FM keeps giving her slots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/tony-fenton-on-course-to-get-back-on-the-air-after-cancer-battle-30924861.html

There's a link to the interview and jaysus did darcy have any friends in the place at all ?

You beat me to it.

Yeah, that was a fair old dig into darcy.

Dempsey is also sounding rather chuffed when discussing it.

However, staying with Ian, didn't he say that there was going to be a good anouncment soon regarding Louise?

Has something changed in the last while or is a permanent move to the 7pm slot seen as a good thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I quite like Louise's Show, I don't know if the 7pm slot will suit her well.

I wonder if she eventually do more Television than Radio? Her friendly conversation style (and good looks) would be ideal on Daytime TV or something lighthearted. I know she guest hosted on TV3's lunchtime show a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Daz_ wrote: »

I'm sure there's the makings of an incredibly crass joke here somewhere....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Now that is pure ban bait!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Now that is pure ban bait!

For giving an opinion ? That all you could come up with instead of actually making your own observation ?

For giving an opinion ? That all you could come up with instead of actually making your own observation ?

It's Friday man chill out, my "observation" was that comment was lined up perfectly for someone to make a distasteful joke from it which would then lead to an infraction or ban.

I think any time slot they give her is too good for her.

The radio's at work here get changed or turned off when she comes on.

They keep moving her, so she must not be connecting with the listeners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭real rocker

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm sure there's the makings of an incredibly crass joke here somewhere....

Only if we allow ourselves to Lo(ui)se it! we are all brighter than that methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I really like Louise and think she engages well with listeners. I'll miss her from daytime now.
    There's been a LOT of changes in Today FM over the last year and it feels a little scattered and messy.
    Not a fan of Paula McSweeney at all, so I'm glad that she's gotten reduced airtime.
    That's quite a blatent dig at Ray by Tony Fenton alright.... I'm a bit over Tony - I feel like he needs to give it up now.

HiGlo wrote: »
    I really like Louise and think she engages well with listeners. I'll miss her from daytime now.
    There's been a LOT of changes in Today FM over the last year and it feels a little scattered and messy.
    Not a fan of Paula McSweeney at all, so I'm glad that she's gotten reduced airtime.
    That's quite a blatent dig at Ray by Tony Fenton alright.... I'm a bit over Tony - I feel like he needs to give it up now.
    If you take one look at the Louise Duffy show Facebook page she puts up her daily playlist and on a good day she might get 2 likes, yet she has thousands of page likes, that's fairly blatant that she's not connecting with listeners.
    Whereas when Paula took over her show for a week she was getting hundreds of likes on her posts.
    What is this reduced airtime for Paula that you speak of?

What is this reduced airtime for Paula that you speak of?

Well, I could be wrong. I don't listen to the station the whole day and as I said, so much keeps changing.
    I just know that during my morning routine she used to be almost like a partner with Ian Dempsey - seemed to hear her quite a lot in the mornings. The last while (I guess since Mariead) I feel like I've barely heard her on the radio. Does she still do the showbiz news? Maybe she's moved shows and I just haven't noticed!! hahaha I just find her SUPER irritating.

Anyway, this is about Louise Duffy, not P Mac so sorry for sidetracking!

HiGlo wrote: »
    Well, I could be wrong. I don't listen to the station the whole day and as I said, so much keeps changing.
    I just know that during my morning routine she used to be almost like a partner with Ian Dempsey - seemed to hear her quite a lot in the mornings. The last while (I guess since Mariead) I feel like I've barely heard her on the radio. Does she still do the showbiz news? Maybe she's moved shows and I just haven't noticed!! hahaha I just find her SUPER irritating.

Anyway, this is about Louise Duffy, not P Mac so sorry for sidetracking!
    I stopped listening to Dempsey a few months ago cause I switched over to KC on Red Fm so I'm not sure about the showbiz news but if I'm getting ready to go out on a Saturday night or if we have people around I'll always have Paula's show on in the background, she plays some serious tunes.
    Imo Louise tries to be too niche/hip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Louise and Ann are great craic today, Tony Fenton's show is going to seem like it's broadcast from a library in comparison when he comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Corcaigh23

What's the backing tune that's played all the time . I know one of them is zhu faded but it's wrecking my head trying to figure out the other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Corcaigh23 wrote: »
    What's the backing tune that's played all the time . I know one of them is zhu faded but it's wrecking my head trying to figure out the other!

The other bed is another house song. She's not useing faded any more. If someone tweets her im sure she'll reply

While we are on the topic anyone notice Reflect - need too feel love in the shave or dye promo? Choon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

MrMac84 wrote: »
    While we are on the topic anyone notice Reflect - need too feel love in the shave or dye promo? Choon!

Yeah I noticed that and was trying to find a link between it and shave or dye in my head. Can't think of one.
    Whoever made the ad must just have great taste in music.

Yeah I noticed that and was trying to find a link between it and shave or dye in my head. Can't think of one.
    Whoever made the ad must just have great taste in music.

Here it is for anyone who likes it! P.s if Louise reads this thread stick it on some afternoon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Love that movie. Savage tune

Does anyone know who the first voice is? I'm guessing Florence Welsh but I don't know for sure

Oh FFS, I thought Ann was left for good. There goes my good mood.

Jeez, Ann gets a lot of very unwarranted hate

Synode wrote: »

And you'd wonder why. I can't work it out at all. I think Ann gleeson is a great addiction to Louise's show and before that with mr foley esq. she's earned her place on air in today FM. AND NO IM NOT ANN GLEESON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Ann is great

She's a pain in the hoop. With her whole I'm so hip and nothing can phase me attitude. Acting like she's too cool to come on air but she could if she wanted.

Yeah, another Ann Fan here - I much prefer her to Louise - sorry Louise!
    The other day when some 'wan' phoned in for a competition and herself and Louise got very high-pitched and girly - I HAD to switch channels.

She's a pain in the hoop. With her whole I'm so hip and nothing can phase me attitude. Acting like she's too cool to come on air but she could if she wanted.

She could what if she wanted?

• Advertisement

She could what if she wanted?

Come on air and host the show better than Louise. In her head anyway.

So you know what's going on in her head? Fair play to you

It is absolutely warranted. I have had a dislike for her since back in her Ray Foley show days. Every word that comes out of the woman's mouth just stinks of desperation to be funny, she isn't naturally funny at all and has no business being on the radio.

That's not warranted at all, that's just you disliking someone. Ann is great, love her

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Don't get this at all, always loved Ann on the Foley show and on Louise's show.

She does seem to be trying very hard to be funny and this makes her unlikeable in my opinion.

The same can be said for Louise, the sooner she gets the boot (to 7pm) the better.

• Advertisement

That's not warranted at all, that's just you disliking someone. Ann is great, love her

I was explaining my dislike of her to show why, in my opinion, the hate she gets is warranted. Your opinion is that it's unwarranted but don't act like yours is more valid than mine.

she isn't naturally funny at all

She actually is. She's a really nice girl and I, personally, find her very funny.

But I accept that "funny" is subjective - for example, I absolutely abhor the "humour":rolleyes: on FM104, in particular on the breakfast show, and yet it's an extremely popular show that wins awards and all!:eek:

(not trying to take the thread off topic, just using an example of how I see humour as subjective)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PureDaycent

Louise is getting better, much better on her own i think . She's a great fit for that slot and I hope they keep her there.

Did she say she was off this week in her last show? Wonder what the plan is for the 2:30 - 4:30 slot now. I hope she gets it. It's easy listening, with decent music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

I'd wonder if she is on leave due to recent events in Today FM.
    I might well be talking a load of rubbish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement