Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Builder to build a garden Wall

Options
  • 31-03-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All;

Anyone know of a good builder to construct a garden wall? Starting to get quotes but be nice to keep the work in Lucan if all is good.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Got a few quotes now, so will pick one of them.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Care to share what kinda job it is (height, length, block built, finish) and what quotes you're getting?

My wooden panels are not in the best state after 14 years and those recent storms, so considering walls on either or both sides of my back garden too

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

We are in Lucan and my husband does this work, pm if you would like his number thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 White oak construction

Have a great blockie in Lucan if needed pm for his details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

unkel wrote: »
    Care to share what kinda job it is (height, length, block built, finish) and what quotes you're getting?

My wooden panels are not in the best state after 14 years and those recent storms, so considering walls on either or both sides of my back garden too

Hi;

Wall would be around 7ft high and red capping to finish it off. Length of the wall I aint sure on, but think its close to 10 of those fence panels which is 6ft each, so say 60ft.
    Some quotes were 3500 and others were 1700.

We have one wall on one side done from a few years ago, it was 4 inch blocking with the red block to finish it off. That was about 6 panels for 36ft and cost 1200 I think.

We started to look at getting attic conversion also, building gable end etc, so getting quotes for that now.

I let you know who we go for with the wall and send you a photo in a months time or so when its done.

Advertisement