If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon Ceol N8 + Denon N8-SC

Options
  • 31-03-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, considering buying the CEOL N8 and Denon N8-SC speakers, as it seems to suit my needs.  I can get it shipped from Germany (Cyberport.de and Amazon.de) for €477/€486 respectively (including shipping, vat etc).  Would prefer to buy from RicherSounds, if that's an option, but I'm guessing that it's unlikely you can match that price.  Any other recommended unit/speaker combination that would be close to that price but still offer comparative quality?

Can you please confirm?  Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi there, considering buying the CEOL N8 and Denon N8-SC speakers, as it seems to suit my needs.  I can get it shipped from Germany (Cyberport.de and Amazon.de) for €477/€486 respectively (including shipping, vat etc).  Would prefer to buy from RicherSounds, if that's an option, but I'm guessing that it's unlikely you can match that price.  Any other recommended unit/speaker combination that would be close to that price but still offer comparative quality?

No problem doing €477 on the Denon RCDN8 / N8SC speaker combo - we dont normally stock the N8's so we would have to order them in for you but that shouldnt take long...

If you wanted an option I would recommend the Teac CRH700i - its clearing now at just £299.95, reduced from £399.95 - this has a very similar spec to the Ceol including Airplay and the same inputs, HOWEVER it also adds an FM AND DAB tuner - if you went for the Teac including the Monitor Audio BX1, this combo would sound far better than the Ceol with the Denon speakers ( the Denon speakers are only so/so) - and better still we can do that combo at just €489 delivered - slightly more expensive than the Denon system, but far better!

Alternatively if you were interested in the Deno with the Monitor Audio BX1's then we can do that combo at just €559.95 - again this will sound significanty better than the Denon / Denon combo,

Hope the runings going well?? I'm grinding to a halt at the moment - you should come up and do the Belfast Marathon and collect your system :D 

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Krusty_Clown.

We are currently clearing the Denon N8 at £299.95 but this is an in store only price and we are not able to ship these products. However we do still have a few brand new boxed which I could ship out. Delivery would cost £12.99

Currently we don't have the speakers in stock and they may also be finishing up.

Might another set of speakers suit your needs?

You could look at the Cambridge S20 priced at £79.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/cambridge-audio/s20/camb-s20-nat-oak

Or the Roth OLI RA1 priced at £99.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/roth/oli-ra1/roth-ra1

This would push the budget a little but would sound much better than the Denon speakers.

Just one other thing to check that if purchasing from Germany that the warranty is covered in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks John/Kenny.  I'm more interested in value than price, so if there was a better CEOL/speaker deal, I'd certainly consider it, even if it was outside of the CEOL/N8 German budget.  Thanks also for suggesting that the Teac unit, but it seems to have very much an Apple/IOS bias, and we're more of an Android house-hold!  The N8 has an FM tuner, and I'll be honest, I've never had much success with DAB here in Dublin (just 2 miles from the nearest transmitter), so the absence of a DAB tuner isn't a biggie.

The CEOL unit seems to be most often paired with the Dali Zensors.  Do you have these in stock and if so, how much would the bundle cost?  Would I save money by collecting in store (with your clearance)?

Running's going great, but no marathons for me, until Frankfurt in October.  I'm sure I could fit in a race up 'norf while collecting a system though.  :)

Thanks John/Kenny.  I'm more interested in value than price, so if there was a better CEOL/speaker deal, I'd certainly consider it, even if it was outside of the CEOL/N8 German budget.  Thanks also for suggesting that the Teac unit, but it seems to have very much an Apple/IOS bias, and we're more of an Android house-hold!  The N8 has an FM tuner, and I'll be honest, I've never had much success with DAB here in Dublin (just 2 miles from the nearest transmitter), so the absence of a DAB tuner isn't a biggie.

The CEOL unit seems to be most often paired with the Dali Zensors.  Do you have these in stock and if so, how much would the bundle cost?  Would I save money by collecting in store (with your clearance)?

Running's going great, but no marathons for me, until Frankfurt in October.  I'm sure I could fit in a race up 'norf while collecting a system though.  :)
    First off, apologies I completely cocked up my last post and I've now replaced the £ sign with the € sign, and reduced the price of the Ceol / BX1 slightly which makes for easier reading..

The Zensors are nice speakers but they would be my 4th choice with the Ceol as follows!:

Ceol / Monitor Audio BX2 - Sounds amazing but some Customers think that the speakers look a bit big with the Ceol - but this is the best value system! - €599.99

Ceol / Monitor Audio BX1 - still sounds great, a bit friendler on the size front but lacks a bit of the BX2 Bass Grunt! €559.99

Ceol / Q Acoustics 2010i Piano finish - this is a great compromise between great sound and really great looks - it has to be the Gloss finish as either in white or black the 2010's perfectly compliment the Ceol - €574.99

4th - Ceol / Dali Zensor - €559.99

10% discount when Belfast Maraton medal presented at time of purchase...

Keep us posted

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John, dropped you a mail, but not sure if you monitor your e-mail address.  [font=arial, sans-serif]I've kind of settled on your suggestion of pairing the CEOL N8 with the Q Acoustics 2010i. [/font]Not too bothered about the finish.  I can get it here (plain black finish) for GB £415 + £30 delivery to Dublin, including speaker wire.  I'm ready to go ahead with the purchase, so if you can match/beat the price, let me know, as I'm all set.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Thanks very much.

Shipping tomorrow for delivery on Friday.....to work.

Thanks

Dave

Hi John, dropped you a mail, but not sure if you monitor your e-mail address.  [font=arial, sans-serif]I've kind of settled on your suggestion of pairing the CEOL N8 with the Q Acoustics 2010i. [/font]Not too bothered about the finish.  I can get it here (plain black finish) for GB £415 + £30 delivery to Dublin, including speaker wire.  I'm ready to go ahead with the purchase, so if you can match/beat the price, let me know, as I'm all set.
    Krusty,

thanks for teh post - unfortunately I was out of teh office for the last couple of days - I asked the guys to look after you and I see youve taken the plunge, many thanks and hope all good - as ever drop me a line if I can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc

Krusty,

thanks for teh post - unfortunately I was out of teh office for the last couple of days - I asked the guys to look after you and I see youve taken the plunge, many thanks and hope all good - as ever drop me a line if I can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John, no bother.  Received the packages from DPD and there's a small problem with the order, so have dropped you an e-mail.
    Thanks,
    Gary

Krusty,

ATVB,

John Mc
    Hi John, no bother.  Received the packages from DPD and there's a small problem with the order, so have dropped you an e-mail.
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Hi Gary.

Apologies for that.

Chris has now things sorted for you.

Again apologies.

Just dropping back in to say thank you very much to John and Chris for superb service.  You should judge a company by what they do when things go wrong, rather than when things go right and when I had a small problem with my order, it was rectified immediately, at the cost of their own personal time and effort, so top marks!

Very pleased with the Denon CEOL and Q Acoustics combination.  It has made me appreciate just how poor my previous setup was.  The CEOL is a great piece of kits, that seamlessly plays internet radio, all my media from my Synology NAS, and of course does a damn fine job of CDs/radio.Very happy with the purchase.  

• Advertisement

Just dropping back in to say thank you very much to John and Chris for superb service.  You should judge a company by what they do when things go wrong, rather than when things go right and when I had a small problem with my order, it was rectified immediately, at the cost of their own personal time and effort, so top marks!

Very pleased with the Denon CEOL and Q Acoustics combination.  It has made me appreciate just how poor my previous setup was.  The CEOL is a great piece of kits, that seamlessly plays internet radio, all my media from my Synology NAS, and of course does a damn fine job of CDs/radio.Very happy with the purchase.  
    Hi Krusty.

Thank you very much for the kind words. Its always good to hear that a customer is happy with our service as we try our best to make shopping here at RicherSounds Belfast an enjoyable experience.

Should you require anything else in future just drop us a post :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.