Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Robin Tree Dead?

• 31-03-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi all, i habe a red robin tree that's about 9 ft tall. It has leaves (green and red) in places but other branches are no sprouting leaves at all. I'm wondering is it dead? Sorry i don't have a picture. I'm wondering will trimming the tree right back help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

If it has red leaves, it's not dead. Red leaves are new growth which eventually reverts to green. A pic would be helpful for further diagnosis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Hi all, i habe a red robin tree that's about 9 ft tall. It has leaves (green and red) in places but other branches are no sprouting leaves at all. I'm wondering is it dead? Sorry i don't have a picture. I'm wondering will trimming the tree right back help?
    Bit more info needed, like for instance is it planted in the ground or is it in a pot/container, it doesn't sound like it's dead, they are very hardy, also this time of year they can look their worst just before growth starts, a shot of fertiliser and/or a prune could be in order, fire up a picture and we'll have a proper look.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

Will take a picture at lunchtime and fire it up lads. It's planed in the ground in a flowerbed. I've just put a load of compost in it. Maybe as you say it needs a dose of fertiliser. I have it in about 3 years and it hasn't really taken off since. Sure i'll get this pic up later then hopefully i can get some more advise.

Advertisement