Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newlands Cross eFibre date?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Am nearly afraid to sign up having read the other threads on here!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Tried that but still getting "Unfortunately eir fibre is not yet available in your area" map says available within 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

mags1962 wrote: »
    Tried that but still getting "Unfortunately eir fibre is not yet available in your area" map says available within 6 weeks
    Just tried mine and got "[font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']Great news! [/font][font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']Your home is eir Fibre enabled"[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

I was delighted to get the message my number was enabled last week. I placed an order and got an installation date of tomorrow Tuesday 8th. Got the confirmation email saying "Your eir order will be confirmed within 2 working days", and then nothing...

On Friday I phoned to see what was happening and it appears my order never made it onto the system. That was after 45 minutes of being passed around and put on hold and speaking to 5 different agents. The last one I spoke to promised to escalate it and get back to me this morning. I never got the call back. I phoned again this afternoon. Spoke to another agent who basically said a new order would have to be raised and I'd be pushed to the back of the queue. Apparently the person to whom my original call was escalated has been in a meeting since 9am and might get back to me by 5pm tomorrow.

I'm seriously annoyed at the "that's tough" attitude of customer support and the total lack of urgency. Is it acceptable that I'm pushed to the back of the queue as a result of Eir's inability to raise an order?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

vinniemac wrote: »

I'm seriously annoyed at the "that's tough" attitude of customer support and the total lack of urgency. Is it acceptable that I'm pushed to the back of the queue as a result of Eir's inability to raise an order?
    Thats regulatory, first come first serve from openEir. Can't be seen to be unfair. 

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    vinniemac wrote: »

Thats regulatory, first come first serve from openEir. Can't be seen to be unfair. 
    That's what I'm complaining about - people that ordered after me are being given priority because Eir's system failed to enter my order

Nobody from Eir willing to help out with this? Do I have an order or not? Just noticed it's almost two years since I started this thread when Eircom were promising eFibre for March 2014!

Edit - Never mind. I've just found Vodafone are considerably cheaper than Eir. Going to go with them instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi  vinniemac,

Sincere apologies for the delay. 
    Should you wish to proceed with this I am more than happy to check has an order been processed if you PM me your details.

Pamela 

Hi  vinniemac,

Sincere apologies for the delay. 
    Should you wish to proceed with this I am more than happy to check has an order been processed if you PM me your details.

Pamela 
    I've had enough of Eir at this stage Pamela. A nightmare of a company to deal with. Going to go with Vodafone instead as I've discovered they charge €45 a month for the same package instead of €62 with Eir

Advertisement