Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newlands Cross eFibre date?

Options
  • 31-03-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Can anyone from Eircom advise when Newlands Cross exchange will go online for eFibre? The rollout map shows March 14 which obviously isn't happening. I spoke to sales and the guy there didn't know, and more or less said the map is a work of fiction.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

vinniemac wrote: »
    Can anyone from Eircom advise when Newlands Cross exchange will go online for eFibre? The rollout map shows March 14 which obviously isn't happening. I spoke to sales and the guy there didn't know, and more or less said the map is a work of fiction.

Hi vinniemac

It does advise March'14 but it has not launched yet and it's now April, I have requested clarification on this from efibre operations and I'm awaiting a response. I should have more news on this in the next day or two.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Any update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Any update?
    Hi vinniemac
    I am afraid we have no forecast date as yet, we may have some info later in week or possibly early next week. Please post us then if we have not been back to you before that.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Any update?
    Hi vinniemac
    I am afraid we have no forecast date as yet, we may have some info later in week or possibly early next week. Please post us then if we have not been back to you before that.
    Tony
    any update Tony?

cheers

Kevin! wrote: »
    Any update?
    Hi vinniemac
    Tony
    any update Tony?

cheers

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Kevin!

There have been many delays in launching efibre in Newlands cross and unfortunately delays are still ongoing, I've contacted efibre opps who advised me that they expect efibre to launch in mid May but no definite date established yet. If you keep an eye on the map http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ it will be updated when launched or feel free to check back here again in the coming week or two (hopefully we will have good news soon :))

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

eircom are now selling efibre for Newlands Cross exchange customers via the website with a 14 May rollout date. When I checked my line I was told it was available to me but into the online purchase it advised that the order wouldn't be processed before 14 May. A call to eircom sales confirmed 14 May as the launch date so here's hoping

Hi Crunchienut

Thanks for sharing this,

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Hi any update on this checked on map on change yet

mags1962 wrote: »
    Hi any update on this checked on map on change yet
    Hi mags1962

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]efibre has now launched in Newlands cross however not all areas in Newlands cross will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year. If you would like to PM me your landline number or address I will be able to check efibre availability for you.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

When will fibre be enabled to NWL1_050?

• Advertisement

Hi vishal

There is no dedicated launch date for that yet although efibe operations do believe that they will have more information on this in late August/early September - feel free to get back to me then and I'll check again for you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan sent pm with number any news thanks

Hi mags1962

Apologies, I'll be back to your PM very shortly.

Thanks
    Al

Hi mags1962

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for that anyway

Hi mags1962

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for that anyway
    No worries mags1962

Al

Hi could somebody check my line? The cabinet next to me (about 5 houses down the road) just went live but on eircom's line checker it says it is not available to me. I've sent pm to Alan with my details. Could you please check it out. Thx vishal.

vishal wrote: »
    Hi could somebody check my line? The cabinet next to me (about 5 houses down the road) just went live but on eircom's line checker it says it is not available to me. I've sent pm to Alan with my details. Could you please check it out. Thx vishal.
    Hi vishal

That cabinet is serving quarryfield court and the lines Knockmeenagh road are not connected to it. I've discussed this with operations who have advised that new plans will be available in mid 2015 but until then I'm sorry to confirm that efibre will not be available to knockmeenagh road.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan, am I meant to be connected to NWL1_004 or do you think I'm connected directly to the exchange or does knockmeenagh not have a cabinet? I doubt I'm connected directly to the exchange because there is a cabinet at the top of the road but I'm not sure.
    The wait goes on.

vishal wrote: »
    Hi Alan, am I meant to be connected to NWL1_004 or do you think I'm connected directly to the exchange or does knockmeenagh not have a cabinet? I doubt I'm connected directly to the exchange because there is a cabinet at the top of the road but I'm not sure.
    The wait goes on.
    Hi vishal

Your area is not currently connected to any VDSL cabinet and until it is I will be unable to offer further insight at infrastructural plans surrounding proposed cabinets.

Thanks
    Al

Can you give any update on cabinet NWL1-004? Most of the rest of the Newlands exchange area has been live for over a year at this stage

• Advertisement

Can you give any update on cabinet NWL1-004? Most of the rest of the Newlands exchange area has been live for over a year at this stage
    Hi vinniemac

There's no agreed launch date agreed yet I'm afraid. - Completion works are in progress which would suggest that we should have more news on this within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Cheers
    Al

Hi vinniemac

There's no agreed launch date agreed yet I'm afraid. - Completion works are in progress which would suggest that we should have more news on this within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Just checked the map at http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ and after a year of saying completion works are in progress it now says "Fibre Broadband Cabinet is planned for this location". What's going on here?

Hi vinniemac

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Just checked the map at http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ and after a year of saying completion works are in progress it now says "Fibre Broadband Cabinet is planned for this location". What's going on here?
    Hi vinniemac

Unfortunately that is because there has been delays to the completion works and it is not forecast to be activated until approximately 3 to 5 months. The wholesale map could be a little more informative on this rather than say "a cabinet is planned for this location" but in reality that's the case as the physical cabinet is not a VDSL cabinet yet.

I know this is bad news for you, apologies for this vinniemac

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

this thread is grim reading

Hi vinniemac

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hi vinniemac

Unfortunately that is because there has been delays to the completion works and it is not forecast to be activated until approximately 3 to 5 months. The wholesale map could be a little more informative on this rather than say "a cabinet is planned for this location" but in reality that's the case as the physical cabinet is not a VDSL cabinet yet.

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

I see a cabinet and power supply have been installed in the last few days. Any idea how long before it's commissioned?

Hi vinniemac

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Hi vinniemac

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

I see a cabinet and power supply have been installed in the last few days. Any idea how long before it's commissioned?
    Hi vinniemac

Can you see what code is on the yellow sticker on the cabinet itself?

Thanks
    Al

I didn't take note, but it's the last one remaining on the Newlands Exchange NWL1_004

I didn't take note, but it's the last one remaining on the Newlands Exchange NWL1_004
    Cheers vinniemac

I'll chase this up with networks & operations and I'll get back to you asap (although it may be by Monday before I have a response due to the present time)

Thanks
    Al

Cheers vinniemac

I'll chase this up with networks & operations and I'll get back to you asap (although it may be by Monday before I have a response due to the present time)

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on this Alan?

• Advertisement

Cheers vinniemac

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on this Alan?
    Apologies for the delays in getting back to you vinniemac

Yes, while there is no specific launch date agreed yet hopes are that an early to mid October timeframe for launch will be met this time.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement