Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newlands Cross eFibre date?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

vinniemac wrote: »
    I didn't take note, but it's the last one remaining on the Newlands Exchange NWL1_004
    Cheers vinniemac

I'll chase this up with networks & operations and I'll get back to you asap (although it may be by Monday before I have a response due to the present time)

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on this Alan?
    Apologies for the delays in getting back to you vinniemac

Yes, while there is no specific launch date agreed yet hopes are that an early to mid October timeframe for launch will be met this time.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al could you check if this went live? I've put my phone number into the efibre checker and it's gone from saying you are not in an efibre area to good news that you efibre be able to get efibre after 1year.  My house is only 300 meters from the exchange and NWL1_004 with another cabinet 100 meters away. I'll pm you my phone number again. Thx Vishal. 

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

I'm getting the same message as Vishal. Would like to hear an update too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

vishal wrote: »
    I didn't take note, but it's the last one remaining on the Newlands Exchange NWL1_004
    Cheers vinniemac

I'll chase this up with networks & operations and I'll get back to you asap (although it may be by Monday before I have a response due to the present time)

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on this Alan?
    Apologies for the delays in getting back to you vinniemac

Yes, while there is no specific launch date agreed yet hopes are that an early to mid October timeframe for launch will be met this time.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al could you check if this went live? I've put my phone number into the efibre checker and it's gone from saying you are not in an efibre area to good news that you efibre be able to get efibre after 1year.  My house is only 300 meters from the exchange and NWL1_004 with another cabinet 100 meters away. I'll pm you my phone number again. Thx Vishal. 
    Hi vishal

Sure, PM me your number and I'll check

Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi vishal

Al
    PM sent

Hi vishal

Al
    PM sent
    No PM received from you yet Vishal

Al

• Advertisement

No PM received from you yet Vishal

Al

I had sent it to your old eircom account a few days ago. Sent you to your new one now.
    Thx Vishal

Any update? 

Any update? 
    Hi vishal

At present your line is not qualifying for efibre and I'm awaiting clarification from our Networks team for the reason why. I'm genuinely sorry for these delays Vishal. I'll get back to you once I have more information.

Thanks
    AL

Three ESB vans at the cabinet today so hopefully we'll see progress soon

Any update? 
    Hi vishal

At present your line is not qualifying for efibre and I'm awaiting clarification from our Networks team for the reason why. I'm genuinely sorry for these delays Vishal. I'll get back to you once I have more information.

Thanks
    AL
    Hi Alan, no need to be genuinely sorry. It's nothing to do with you. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Any update? 
    Hi vishal

Thanks
    AL
    Hi Alan, no need to be genuinely sorry. It's nothing to do with you. 
    Hi vishal, Al is off for a few days, I have mailed him to follow up on this on his return.
    Tony

Any update?

I'd like to hear the latest too

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

mags1962 wrote: »
    Hi any update on this checked on map on change yet
    Hi Alan still waiting for e fibre in my area any news waiting a long time now.

Bump

Bump
    Sincere apologies for these delays vishal

Your line is connected to NWL1_004 - until it launches we will be unable to foresee what speeds to expect but hopes are that this cabinet will be ready to go live in the coming weeks. A specific date is not yet agreed but I'll keep my eye on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Sincere apologies for these delays vishal

Your line is connected to NWL1_004 - until it launches we will be unable to foresee what speeds to expect but hopes are that this cabinet will be ready to go live in the coming weeks. A specific date is not yet agreed but I'll keep my eye on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,
    Is there an update to when this launches? I saw them working on it last week. Thx

I'm sorry vishal

A specific date has still not been released yet

Al

Hi Alan,

Do you know how the work is progressing?

Thx 

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Thx
    Hi vishal

I have recently contacted networks inquiring about this cabinet however unfortunately I've been advised that there is no date scheduled for it's completion or launch - officially the best indication is that it should be launched within the next 12 months but hopes are that it should be completed by the end of the summer, apologies for the bad news eamonng

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Hi Alan,

Thx 
    Hi eamonnq

I have recently contacted networks inquiring about this cabinet however unfortunately I've been advised that there is no date scheduled for it's completion or launch - officially the best indication is that it should be launched within the next 12 months but hopes are that it should be completed by the end of the summer, apologies for the bad news eamonng

Al
    Thanks for that, at least it is the same answer on both threads!! 

Just reading back through this thread and it is going on for nearly 2 years now, and another 12 mths still to wait ?? Will have to see what Virginmedia have available by the looks of things.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

Thx
    Hi eamonnq

Al
    Thanks for that, at least it is the same answer on both threads!!

Just reading back through this thread and it is going on for nearly 2 years now, and another 12 mths still to wait ?? Will have to see what Virginmedia have available by the looks of things.
    No worries eamonnq

* I see what you mean - thanks for the heads up :)

Al

It's hard to believe, the cabinet was the 2nd cabinet to new installed in this exchange well over 1 year ago if not more. I've seen the esb out to it and I've seen the men running fibre to it and seen men do work on it several times. It's crazy really.

It's hard to believe, the cabinet was the 2nd cabinet to new installed in this exchange well over 1 year ago if not more. I've seen the esb out to it and I've seen the men running fibre to it and seen men do work on it several times. It's crazy really.
    Hi vishal

I fully understand why you would feel this way - apologies.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Hi vishal

Al
    Cabinet now has a status of '[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress' [/font]

Any indication of when completion is due? Have a business waiting for completion connected to this cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Kevin! wrote: »
    Hi vishal

Al
    Cabinet now has a status of '[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress' [/font]

Any indication of when completion is due? Have a business waiting for completion connected to this cabinet.
    It has been at that status for a long time now. If you even read back through this thread the date keeps getting estimated and the shifted, the next 12 months (hopefully) was the last estimate.

Alan, can you advise what the cost of a phone line only would be? Virgin can provide fibre at my address but not phone

Alan, can you advise what the cost of a phone line only would be? Virgin can provide fibre at my address but not phone
    Hi vinniemac

Virgin use different infrastructure/lines than eir. Also their fiber product is much different and independent of eirs cabling. If you're interested in Virgin media I would recommend contacting them and chatting to them a little further.

I can confirm eir cannot install a line without the accetance of a minimum contract of 12 months monthly line rental of €25.78 per month. If you're interested in another company they will need to arrange installation for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Scanned my number today which is connected to the newlands cross exchange and it's eventually saying '[font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']Your home is eir Fibre enabled'[/font]. We're good to go I think!

Advertisement