Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone battery - doing every little.. battery going

• 31-03-2014 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Sorry for yet another iPhone battery question.. but need to know.

I've iPhone 5 - latest iOS.

I left the house this morning on 100% ( about 8am ) it's now 3:30 and i'm down to 28%

I've not had any calls today.. I've sent about 10 texts via whats app.
    I've not listen to any music ..
    I've not played any games.
    I've checked email's a few times.. and there has been some there.. but not replied.. so they would just have downloaded ( only text emails )
    I've checked the weather app 2 or 3 times.

When it was at about 85% I decided to turn off location services and shut down all apps ( double clicked home button and swiped to close all open item )

What is draining my power ??? or is this normal ?

My phone has just been sitting on my desk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

What functions have you turned off to save battery power ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

what do you mean by functions ?

NeVeR wrote: »
    what do you mean by functions ?

Background app refresh ? push email ? all of the many functions that are recommended and discussed on the web as ways to reduce battery usage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Try letting the battery drain down and the let the phone die. Then charge completely to 100%.

It's possible the battery may just need calibration.

If that fails, try a reset by holding the home and power buttons until you see the Apple logo, then let go and let it turn on.

Failing that, a backup via iCloud and erase and set up as a new phone may be required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Failing that, a backup via iCloud and erase and set up as a new phone may be required.

I haven't heard this before - what will it achieve to do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Turn off background app refresh and see how the battery lasts for a couple hours.
    I've also noticed certain apps in the notification centre kill the battery fast like weather app, turn off notifications from apps you don't use and if you don't use them in the notification centre remove them from here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Piliger wrote: »
    What functions have you turned off to save battery power ?

This answers irks me a bit.

What is the point of buying a phone that has lots of functions that you then must disable lots of them.

Also those things just help the battery a little bit.

In my opinion the OP has a seriously screwed battery and it needs replacing.

I was having the same issue for a long time, rapid battery depletion, phone switching it self off. Was really very frustrating. Eventually had a battery replaced for €20 in a Chinese shop and all is fine. Can get 2 days easily without having to disable everything.

murpho999 wrote: »
    This answers irks me bit.

What is the point of buying a phone that has lots of functions that you then must disable lots of them.

I was having the same issue for a long time, rapid battery depletion, phone switching it self off. Was really very frustrating. Eventually had a battery replaced for €20 in a Chinese shop and all is fine. Can get 2 days easily without having to disable everything.

Yeah ... a likely story....

Yeah ... a likely story....

Eh no, it's a not a 'likely story' but the truth. Phone working fine since it was replaced, unless you're trying to make out that I imagine stuff.

Where do you think Apple batteries come form anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Eh no, it's a not a 'likely story' but the truth. Phone working fine since it was replaced, unless you're trying to make out that I imagine stuff.

I wouldn't take much notice of him. If it's working again that's great. Case closed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Eventually had a battery replaced for €20 in a Chinese shop and all is fine. Can get 2 days easily without having to disable everything.

2 day battery life? Tell me about this Chinese shop. :)

Two days ? I don't believe a word of this 'story' ...

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I wouldn't take much notice of him. If it's working again that's great. Case closed :)

So you get two days from your iPhone too Mr clever clogs ? Tell us all about it.

So you get two days from your iPhone too Mr clever clogs ? Tell us all about it.

iPhone battery times depend on the usage of the user. I've got 3 days from my iPhone before when I didn't use it for the internet. It's easy to make it last for 2 days, not everyone is a heavy user.

Typically I charge mine twice a day but I use it a lot.

Two days ? I don't believe a word of this 'story' ...

Don't believe if you want but I have not charged my phone since Monday evening and am still at 30%.

What reason would I have to lie about this?

Also, I probably am what people here would deem a light user but phone is on all day and use it for music on commute. Some news apps etc

A real charming posting style I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not to hijack the thread or anything but since I downloaded to ios7.1 my iPad Air has been draining battery much quicker than before. I turned off bold text and that eg background refresh and it seems to be kinda fine. But still not happy after moving to IOS 7.1

A real charming posting style I must say.

He's the forum cnut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Let's all wind our collective necks in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

This answers irks me a bit.

Agreed 100%

I always have on

wifi
    bluetooth
    3g
    location services
    background apps
    push

iPhone easily lasts the day for me.

OP either has a defective battery or there is some corruption in the OS.

This has happened to me before.

Either a hard reset fixed it or e restore of the OS and then unfortunatly a set up as new as the corruption was in the backup too.

• Advertisement

Aodhagan wrote: »
    He's the forum cnut

Charming.

Advertisement