Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning - O2 online customer service

Options
  • 31-03-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Just a general warning to anyone with a phone through O2... All of O2's online customer service (Chat, Boards.ie, Etc.) is done out of an Indian call centre and not Ireland as they try to make you believe online.

Due to extremely poor customer service online I have just cancelled my contract with O2 after over 10 years of being with them. They refused to provide me with contact details for their manager to escalate the issue and even dumped the chat session that we were in. I suspected that O2 would go this way as they have just been bought by Three and their customer service is also terrible. I hope that the rest of O2's customers do the same thing as trust me when I say it isn't going to get any better. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

sysconp1 wrote: »
    Just a general warning to anyone with a phone through O2... All of O2's online customer service (Chat, Boards.ie, Etc.) is done out of an Indian call centre and not Ireland as they try to make you believe online.

Due to extremely poor customer service online I have just cancelled my contract with O2 after over 10 years of being with them. They refused to provide me with contact details for their manager to escalate the issue and even dumped the chat session that we were in. I suspected that O2 would go this way as they have just been bought by Three and their customer service is also terrible. I hope that the rest of O2's customers do the same thing as trust me when I say it isn't going to get any better. :mad:

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the boards reps are in Ireland, in either Dublin or Limerick to be precise. The Online chat is in India or similar. The call centre is in Limerick and will remain there with the Three merger (its part of the condutions).

Also, your issue with O2 seems to be that they aren't offering a free case with the HTC One M8 like Vodafone are, and because you couldn't click the link on a Reps signature, you consitiute this as "awful customer service". Please keep in mind last year they offered a free case with the S4.

Admittedly they are slow to respond here, but as you were told it didn't look like your Pm went through.

Sincerely,
    Someone who works in retail and has to put up with people with your attitude all the time.

P.s. Vodafone customer service is nearly as bad as Three's

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sysconp1

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the boards reps are in Ireland, in either Dublin or Limerick to be precise. The Online chat is in India or similar. The call centre is in Limerick and will remain there with the Three merger (its part of the condutions).

Also, your issue with O2 seems to be that they aren't offering a free case with the HTC One M8 like Vodafone are, and because you couldn't click the link on a Reps signature, you consitiute this as "awful customer service". Please keep in mind last year they offered a free case with the S4.

Admittedly they are slow to respond here, but as you were told it didn't look like your Pm went through.

Sincerely,
    Someone who works in retail and has to put up with people with your attitude all the time.

P.s. Vodafone customer service is nearly as bad as Three's

Firstly get your facts right... My complaint was NOTHING to do with free cases or anything else free. I asked a simple question regarding delivery, as in was it this week or next week as I would have to stay in to receive the phone. Lisa on the boards.ie support took far too long to reply, as you will see from the thread. I then tried the same question on O2 chat and was told they couldn't tell me and refused to provide their managers email address to escalate. I cancelled my order and tried to cancel my contract when the chat was shut down by the CSR.I phoned 1909 and when I asked the same question was told it was being sent tomorrow.
    Perhaps rather than trying to twist the facts on here you should try to get some of your own correct or stop lying. When I mentioned to the 1909 CSR that the Indian helpdesk on boards and the O2 chat were terrible the lady did not correct, disagree or otherwise disprove my comment.
    I know for a fact what the Vodafone customer support is like first hand having dealt with them before many times, so again your weak comments do nothing but prove how moving to Vodafone is a worse idea than staying with O2. After 10 years of good service it is a shame I have to switch carrier, but obviously standards have slipped. I have cancelled one contract and a further 2 contracts plus my partners will also be switched at the earliest opportunity. It is obvious that you and the team obviously need training and to get their facts straight between desks. To add that the 1909 CSR was curtious, helpful ad did what she promised.
    Calling a customer a liar and taking a dig at my attitude is the worst thing you could have done and it shows either your inexperience or very poor judgment. Again I will ensure your comments get full viewing on social media so that others can move as well. To finish, the online service I received is on a par with three.ie and at best is terrible. I hope your managers enjoy your comments as much as I did. Thank you for nothing.

Firstly get your facts right... My complaint was NOTHING to do with free cases or anything else free. I asked a simple question regarding delivery, as in was it this week or next week as I would have to stay in to receive the phone. Lisa on the boards.ie support took far too long to reply, as you will see from the thread. I then tried the same question on O2 chat and was told they couldn't tell me and refused to provide their managers email address to escalate. I cancelled my order and tried to cancel my contract when the chat was shut down by the CSR.I phoned 1909 and when I asked the same question was told it was being sent tomorrow.
    Perhaps rather than trying to twist the facts on here you should try to get some of your own correct or stop lying. When I mentioned to the 1909 CSR that the Indian helpdesk on boards and the O2 chat were terrible the lady did not correct, disagree or otherwise disprove my comment.
    I know for a fact what the Vodafone customer support is like first hand having dealt with them before many times, so again your weak comments do nothing but prove how moving to Vodafone is a worse idea than staying with O2. After 10 years of good service it is a shame I have to switch carrier, but obviously standards have slipped. I have cancelled one contract and a further 2 contracts plus my partners will also be switched at the earliest opportunity. It is obvious that you and the team obviously need training and to get their facts straight between desks. To add that the 1909 CSR was curtious, helpful ad did what she promised.
    Calling a customer a liar and taking a dig at my attitude is the worst thing you could have done and it shows either your inexperience or very poor judgment. Again I will ensure your comments get full viewing on social media so that others can move as well. To finish, the online service I received is on a par with three.ie and at best is terrible. I hope your managers enjoy your comments as much as I did. Thank you for nothing.

That's fine and all, but I'm not an o2 rep so your comments really don't bother me.

Secondly, no CSR is obliged to hand out contact details of a manager, but ideally they should offer to escalate the matter. There are some 300,000 people on O2 Ireland I believe, and if even 1% of them wanted to contact the managers directly, well I'll let you do the math.

It seems like your issue is that someone couldn't tell you if you'd get the phone sooner than you expected, but then someone did tell you.
    Lastly, why would someone work for o2 customer care openly say that the chat service is awful or similar? That just makes no sense, and they sure as hell won't say it in a professional capacity.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    That's fine and all, but I'm not an o2 rep so your comments really don't bother me.

Secondly, no CSR is obliged to hand out contact details of a manager, but ideally they should offer to escalate the matter. There are some 300,000 people on O2 Ireland I believe, and if even 1% of them wanted to contact the managers directly, well I'll let you do the math.

It seems like your issue is that someone couldn't tell you if you'd get the phone sooner than you expected, but then someone did tell you.
    Lastly, why would someone work for o2 customer care openly say that the chat service is awful or similar? That just makes no sense, and they sure as hell won't say it in a professional capacity.

Read my comments properly, I wasn't bothered when, as long as I was there to receive it. staying in for a week on the off chance there maybe a delivery is no good for anyone. Secondly the matter has been escalated now as the 1909 CSR agreed that it had been handled badly. For a proper customer support department there should be proper escalation email addresses not a general group support address, I know because I have set enough teams up in the past. The email address supplied for the escalation was for the team and that was not acceptable. When the chat was dropped by the CSR that was the last straw and I called 1909 where the call was handled correctly.
    As for the phone, it was a nice to have and I can wait. After 10 years on that number and a further 4 years on another this is the worst service I have ever received and feel let down as a loyal customer. Your defending poor customer service does nothing to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Could you not have arranged to have the phone delivered to your work address?

• Advertisement

Read my comments properly, I wasn't bothered when, as long as I was there to receive it. staying in for a week on the off chance there maybe a delivery is no good for anyone. Secondly the matter has been escalated now as the 1909 CSR agreed that it had been handled badly. For a proper customer support department there should be proper escalation email addresses not a general group support address, I know because I have set enough teams up in the past. The email address supplied for the escalation was for the team and that was not acceptable. When the chat was dropped by the CSR that was the last straw and I called 1909 where the call was handled correctly.
    As for the phone, it was a nice to have and I can wait. After 10 years on that number and a further 4 years on another this is the worst service I have ever received and feel let down as a loyal customer. Your defending poor customer service does nothing to change that.

So wait, let's just get this straight.

1) Ordered phone, and then found it was in the warehouse already.
    2) You asked on boards if you'd get it sooner than expected. Rep seems to have not gotten a pm, so asked you to send it again.
    3) Webchat was useless (not arguing that), so called customer care. Rep you spoke to couldn't give you a straight answer, call ended.
    4) Called back, spoke to Rep who was able to help you, and apologised/acknowledged more should have been done for you and escalted the matter for you (a detail you left out).

So just to summarise, O2 care was actually able to sort it out in the end, admitted fault (which is rare in any company sadly) and yet you're here to claim them as bad as Three. Right, okay.

What?

I am not working at the moment and out interviewing and looking for work, so unfortunately the work address is not an option. Hence needing to have a general idea when it was arriving. Note that I say general idea not specific date. I asked if it was this week or next.

Only found out that the phone was to be delivered tomorrow AFTER cancelling the phone and the contract from the 1909 CSR and as already mentioned this service was fine.

I was initially asked to PM the CSR on Boards.ie and did as was asked, I then informed the CSR that I had done so. I chased for further info and was told to use a different submission for the order number and having waited in for a day already I moved to asking the O2 Chat. Stupidly thinking that this would be a better option. They refused to tell me if it was this week or next and then tried to fob me off with a group mail.

After phoning the 1909 the rep there told me that she would find out and call me back. AGAIN the 1909 rep was very good... but by this time the phone was cancelled and because of the poor service received from the first two option (as agreed with the 1909 rep) I cancelled my contract....

Sonics2k your really should learn to read or just get your facts straight... are you affiliated in some way with O2 or just annoying? You may be used to crap service, but when I pay so much per month I expect a level of service from a multi-national. Perhaps your standards are not that high. Go troll somewhere else.

Advertisement