Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fireblade 00

• 31-03-2014 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Alright
    Got my self a 00 blade my prob is that it was a red and white blade and person before me that had it thought it was great idea to paint her black but left tank old colours and got a matchin seat.
    So I want to change her either wrap it or spray bit lost love any ones help on this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Dont try and respray it yourself, it will only end in disaster :pac: Whats wrong with it anyway, I like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Did they fully debadge it as well? Whoever messed with it is a bit of a dick.

But I agree with Skill in not doing it yourself unless you are a very very competent sprayer. Go back to the Red and White though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I hope Stevie Wonder let it go cheap......I would deffo go all black with that and order new gold/silver decals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Also, she's an 918

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

blade1 wrote: »
    Also, she's an 918

Yip. a 918 indeed...

Theses are the original (and best) colours
    00023718.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Are you sure they're not spurious replacement parts/crash damage?.

How can you tell? By the way I'm impressed that you can!

How can you tell? By the way I'm impressed that you can!

Skill:P

No seriously though, 929 is completely different looking.
    Different tank,plastics,headlights and tail lights.
    A 929 is closer looking to a 954 than a 918.

I've had a few blades in my time hence my username:)

By the way Blade1, you still off the smokes?:)

By the way Blade1, you still off the smokes?:)

I an indeed, thanks for enquiring!
    And you were right about seeing a new bike.
    I'm trying to hold off a while before I get another bike but 1 pops up every now and again and I'm seriously tempted.
    I'm going to hold off until during the summer I think.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Eddielubobs

I brought a good friend that has had blades years to check it over and came from a local shop. It's my first bike and I've always wanted a blade ever since I seen the black and silver98 blade.
    Just lost what to do on colours I won't spray it my self I'll get it done rite. We're would I look for full decals not just logos

I brought a good friend that has had blades years to check it over and came from a local shop. It's my first bike and I've always wanted a blade ever since I seen the black and silver98 blade.
    Just lost what to do on colours I won't spray it my self I'll get it done rite. We're would I look for full decals not just logos

Personally I'd look out for some secondhand fairings.

Your first bike?
    Jesus they're some yoke for your first bike.
    Be carefull,they are a bit skittish if you push them hard especially on bumpy roads.
    Could do with a steering dampener.

Christ a blade as your first bike! It was a slow build up for me. I think if I started on a blade I wouldn't be typing this now :)

I was told if any big bike the blade be most forgiving compare to r1 and that. I've respect for it I'm waiting do Ibt and few good lesions I'm glad it's now at this age I got it 31 and not 10 yrs ago. Any one know were cud get even a tank cover for mean time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

phwoar! first bike!? as said above, steering damper is a must. if you get a tank slapper on that as a newbie you'll be sitting in a field 2 miles away before a lamb could shake his tail!

Thanks for the heads up pal I'm in Dublin so who's best to see to buy one and get fitted. I don't fancy coming off it like that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭handandy

I was told if any big bike the blade be most forgiving compare to r1 and that. I've respect for it I'm waiting do Ibt and few good lesions I'm glad it's now at this age I got it 31 and not 10 yrs ago. Any one know were cud get even a tank cover for mean time
    a bike is only as forgiving as the biker who is riding it . if it were me personally i would do the ibt lessons 1st before going and buying a bike and a blade at that . you can hire out a bike from the ibt instructors and most ibt instructors have a good selection of bikes to choose from too . get the bike skills 1st and then get the bike .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭handandy

jameshayes wrote: »
    phwoar! first bike!? as said above, steering damper is a must. if you get a tank slapper on that as a newbie you'll be sitting in a field 2 miles away before a lamb could shake his tail!
    or lying on the roadside with a broken back after you have been thrown from the bike and smashed yourself in 2 off the kerb or lamp post .

I'm booked in for ibt1-3-5 Friday coming the bike is out back and staying there till then. I know in two seconds it can all go wrg on a bike but I'll do as many lesions as I can or will need. Really appreciate all the info wen it comes to this

Advertisement